Speculation: PLD Mega Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
The structure of the de ($3.5M + $6.5M) leads me to believe that Columbus is willing to let this ride out for a little while and get their top line center for cheap this season while the cap space isn’t an issue but revenue is low. Then next season you can sell him as a 1C only a having a $5M cap hit.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
YOUR PERIODIC REMINDER: Per HF groupthink, Ryan Johansen wasn't going to get us a #1D, Brandon Saad wasn't going to get us a top-line winger, and Josh Anderson wasn't going to get us a #2C. Please keep this in mind when discussing things related to PLD.
Will see if torts gives domi enough rope to be the 2c. His defensive coverage leaves a lot to be desired and I am a huge domi fan .

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
YOUR PERIODIC REMINDER: Per HF groupthink, Ryan Johansen wasn't going to get us a #1D, Brandon Saad wasn't going to get us a top-line winger, and Josh Anderson wasn't going to get us a #2C. Please keep this in mind when discussing things related to PLD.

Domi and #2c in the same sentence? Guy needs to learn how to win an actual faceoff for that

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Would Kyle Connor from Winnipeg actually be a desired target? Someone mentioned him in the last thread. It would kind of make sense for Winnipeg, maybe. Ehlers, Wheeler, Laine and one of Perfetti/Vesalainen make up your top four wingers and Scheifele/Dubois is a hell of a 1-2 punch. Would be among the best top six out there, once Perfetti turns pro.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Would Kyle Connor from Winnipeg actually be a desired target? Someone mentioned him in the last thread. It would kind of make sense for Winnipeg, maybe. Ehlers, Wheeler, Laine and one of Perfetti/Vesalainen make up your top four wingers and Scheifele/Dubois is a hell of a 1-2 punch. Would be among the best top six out there, once Perfetti turns pro.
I’d rather have Connor than Laine

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I believe that works for us.

But I don’t see how Winnipeg is a bigger stage than Columbus for PLD and it seems to be the reason he wants to leave.
That's just the excuse he has given because he could still be playing under this coach for another 2 yrs..
He knows he has no say in where he gets traded to. He just wants out.

Bigger stage is just a lame reason.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Is there any more real news or just all trade proposals

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Laine for PLD doesn't make sense for the Javkets. Domi is not a 1C.

So who feeds Laine?

The only path is a 1C for a 1C with adds from either side.

Barzal for PLD....Jackets add.

Kk for PLD....Habs have to add and its too risky for Jackets.

Whatever the deal...it's about centers.

Also if he really wants a big market, which sounds like a deflection, then a lot of small markets are out.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No news really. Only news is that the trade request isnt going away, and he expects a trade somewhat soon. Rest is speculation with his dad being in WPG

It could die down...or explode.

This sudden change had only one source.....and Torts won't go away. Not yet....

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
People are underestimating the leverage the Organization has

If they play him for 2 years and he still wants out, He will still be a RFA

they say either sign long term which will in turn get them fair value in a trade, or he can stay home and watch
Actually you’re forgetting Dubois can file for arbitration after this new deal is up. He can get deals for his last two RFA years in Columbus through arbitration, he won’t hold out.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I believe that works for us.

But I don’t see how Winnipeg is a bigger stage than Columbus for PLD and it seems to be the reason he wants to leave.
I read somewhere daddy PLD works in Winnipeg. Not sure IF it is Good or bad

Reactions: Fro

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
More than likely some team falls of the map and becomes a seller or another player becomes disgruntled and they swap star players. Though the player in return will likely be older. Otherwise you're looking at a three quarters for a dollar trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad