Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs: Round 1 against Predators!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
We are watching Lindholm evolve into a #1D before our eyes. Last night when their trap seemed to have the team stumped he was extra determined in a couple of his rushes. I hope he's around long enough to be our next captain.

Kid was a total monster again last night. Best player in the series for either side.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Lindholm was the only player that played well enough to make a top 5. Well and andersen... rest of the team was pretty average.

Lindholm has impressed me, why he doesn't lead the team in ice time is beyond me.... I think he won't ever be considered elite because his offensive numbers won't be impressive enough... but in the dzone he is as good as it gets. Very few dmen I'd want in the dzone over him.

He isn't far off. A few 30 point seasons under his belt already without #1 pp minutes. You only need to surpass ~40 to be considered elite provided you bring the rest.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Agreed. It's a shame that he will almost certainly be fired while guys like Perry will be back again next year to pull the same ****.

This is exactly what I feel. Three consecutive years of being embarrassed at home in a game 7 by an arguably inferior team is already pathetic. I won't even know what adjective to use if they lose for a fourth time tomorrow.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Tomorrow is a crucial game for the entire franchise...I don't know where they go if they lose a 4th straight game 7 on home ice

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
First goal is huge. In last two game 7's we lost before game really started.

I would put Getzlaf and Perry together. We have homeice so we can control matchups if they win faceoffs.

Perron-Getzlaf-Perry
Silf-Kesler-Cogs
Ginner-Rakell-Steward
Garbutt-Thompson-Horcoff

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Agreed. It's a shame that he will almost certainly be fired while guys like Perry will be back again next year to pull the same ****.

this

it's not on boudreau anymore. it's on the "leaders" of this team who fail to show up when it counts year after year

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Boudreau is one of the leaders of the team. He's the coach. Of course he deserves some blame for losing so many big games. At some point it's no longer a fluke

I won't pin the whole thing on him, that would be asinine, but to completely absolve him of blame is also dumb. The guy has won like one big playoff game in a decade of coaching above average teams. That's almost hard to do

paine

Jun 4, 2007

I would put Getzlaf and Perry together. We have homeice so we can control matchups if they win faceoffs.

Perron-Getzlaf-Perry
Silf-Kesler-Cogs
Ginner-Rakell-Steward
Garbutt-Thompson-Horcoff

So revert back to the problem we had the three previous years? We finally have three lines that can score (or at least should be able to) -- stick with it.

teemuselanne

Feb 21, 2011
Ottawa
So revert back to the problem we had the three previous years? We finally have three lines that can score (or at least should be able to) -- stick with it.

"Should be able to", but they're not. Reality is the second line is useless, Rakell and Perry look terrible and have combined for one goal in six games. The only time Perry has looked remotely engaged was the short time he was with Getz and Perron last night. Better to overload the top two lines, because in reality that's all we have right now for scoring anyways. Presumably BB should also be able to get the matchups he wants

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

Perron-Getzlaf-Perry
Silf-Kesler-Cogs
Ginner-Rakell-Steward
Garbutt-Thompson-Horcoff

I loved perron with rakell and Perry last night. He seemed to ignite that line and thought he was mediocre with the Getzlaf line.

Oct 18, 2011
the ducks either exorcise their game 7 demons, or murray can no longer make any excuses not to make significant changes to the core of the team. i mean if you lose 4 in a row it's 100% mental...

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the ducks either exorcise their game 7 demons, or murray can no longer make any excuses not to make significant changes to the core of the team. i mean if you lose 4 in a row it's 100% mental...

it is 100% mental

like i've said, it's not on bruce. getzlaf and perry are scarred from losing all those game 7s. how can they have any confidence in themselves? especially perry who's taken his turn to disappear this postseason. how can the rest of the team play well when the two leaders of the team clearly have no confidence playing a game 7? they won't win the game because of a speech bruce gives. this team simply plays scared in these games and sadly, i expect the same tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad