Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs: Round 1 against Predators!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Missed last night's game, any stand-outs at all?

Who were the top-5 players if you had to choose?

I notice that Fowler once again led all defencemen in icetime by several minutes. He hasn't deserved it in any of the other games in this series, did he tonight?

Btw, didn't Vatanen & Lindholm play together tonight? #47 was +/- 0, while Vatanen was -2?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Look, i am dissapointed in our G6 loss as well. But for everyone who is completely sure we will lose, i suggest to put all of their savings in a betting site or something. I dare you, i double dare you :sarcasm:

(PS no joke i won money on last 2 years G7)
This year i`m a bit more hopeful and will not put money on opposition.

Go Ducks!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I notice that Fowler once again led all defencemen in icetime by several minutes. He hasn't deserved it in any of the other games in this series, did he tonight?

Btw, didn't Vatanen & Lindholm play together tonight? #47 was +/- 0, while Vatanen was -2?
Lindholm was the only player that played well enough to make a top 5. Well and andersen... rest of the team was pretty average.

Lindholm has impressed me, why he doesn't lead the team in ice time is beyond me.... I think he won't ever be considered elite because his offensive numbers won't be impressive enough... but in the dzone he is as good as it gets. Very few dmen I'd want in the dzone over him.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

The best players imo (in no particular order) were Lindholm, Vatanen, Andersen, Perron, Garbutt and Thompson.

mytduxfan*

Look, i am dissapointed in our G6 loss as well. But for everyone who is completely sure we will lose, i suggest to put all of their savings in a betting site or something. I dare you, i double dare you :sarcasm:

Go Ducks!

This. We still have a game 7 to play. I really cannot stand this premature *****ing and moaning, particularly from fans who are no shows on here during the whole series and only come on here to complain. It's pathetic.

P.S. Who is making the Game 7 GDT for the MB? I hope it's not just full of negativity i.e. "we're a choke team", like many of the junk comments being made on here.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
Fourth season in a row losing game 6 when up 3-2 in a convincing fashion. Quite an accomplishment. You'll pardon me being skeptical...

this.

its one thing if it were a back-and-forth that led to a game 6. but 3 straight and then **** the bed? Im sorry, but this is one reason I am glad I dont have internet on my phone. I would blow FB/twitter/HFB up because I've practically lived a good chunk of my life watching this team. And for them to shoot themselves on the foot the last few years of that chunk of time isnt very palatable to watch.

criticizing the team doesnt always mean you are giving up. i care enough to talk **** and give them **** for a crappy performance.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014

I would say top 4 was Lindholm, Andersen, Garbutt, Vatanen.

They did play together for the most part. The minuses:
1. Vats was rushing to the net (after a drop pass to Perry iirc) when we were down by 1, Perry's shot from the point missed everything and suddenly it was Perry and Despres defending against Neal and Johansen.
2. Empty netter.

Go Ducks!

Last year I put some money on the Hawks when we were up 3-2. Not because I didn't think we could win but because I wanted to alleviate the disappointment in case we didn't. This year I bet on the Perds to win game 3 for the same reason. I probably won't bet on game 7 because I would have to bet more than I'm comfortable with to cancel the level of disappointment I'm going to feel if we lose again.

But right now I must believe that we are going to win game 7. Go Ducks!!
3.gif

P.S. Who is making the Game 7 GDT for the MB? I hope it's not just full of negativity i.e. "we're a choke team", like many of the junk comments being made on here.

If CI has the time it should be him. How is that even in question?

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Can't believe some of you bet against the Ducks. I'm baffled.

Not my cup of tea.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Can't believe some of you bet against the Ducks. I'm baffled.

Not my cup of tea.

We're going by what history has shown what happens to this team. 3 times is not a coincidence, it means there's a major problem with the team. A 4th time means something really bad.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
We are watching Lindholm evolve into a #1D before our eyes. Last night when their trap seemed to have the team stumped he was extra determined in a couple of his rushes. I hope he's around long enough to be our next captain.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Game 7? Shave your playoff beards folks and get your golf gear ready!

I'm not expecting the outcome on wednesday to be positive. But if we somehow pull this off, that should really go a long way in terms of boosting the players confidence. It should be valuable when new critical scenarios comes to surface deeper into the playoffs.

I am leaving my beard, too much effort to shave.

Jul 22, 2012
The most frustrating part of last nights game is that nobody outside of Vatanen, Lindholm and a few others were even trying to ****ing score until the last 10 minutes. I don't understand. I just don't. 0 expectations for game 7.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
On the second goal I have never seen a player **** up so many times as Perry did, Vatanen steals the puck from Forsberg and skates up ice and then drops it to perry, perry does a toe drag than misses the net completely, once he misses he doesn't even try to skate back then realizes hes ****ed.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
We're going by what history has shown what happens to this team. 3 times is not a coincidence, it means there's a major problem with the team. A 4th time means something really bad.

This. The worst part is this team didn't show they learned a goddamn thing after all those failures. It might have sucked less if they tried their best and lost. But I struggle to say the team as a whole really tried at all. How many game 6 losses will it take?.

And I really struggle to pin this on Boudreau. Sometimes the effort just has to come from the players. Most of these guys were there for the last game 6 embarrassment last year. You'd think the memory would be enough to light fire under them.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2012
And I really struggle to pin this on Boudreau. Something the effort just had to come from the players. Most of these guys were there for the last game 6 embarrassment last year. You'd think the memory would be enough to light fire under them.

Agreed. It's a shame that he will almost certainly be fired while guys like Perry will be back again next year to pull the same ****.

Boot

Oct 20, 2010
This. The worst part is this team didn't show they learned a goddamn thing after all those failures. It might have sucked less if they tried their best and lost. But I struggle to say the team as a whole really tried at all. How many game 6 losses will it take?.

And I really struggle to pin this on Boudreau. Something the effort just had to come from the players. Most of these guys were there for the last game 6 embarrassment last year. You'd think the memory would be enough to light fire under them.

I definitely agree with this. It isn't the coaches job to make you compete. You're getting paid millions to play in the most competitive league in the world, to show that you're the best team in that league. That should be enough to get you pumped.

Hopefully it was just an emotional let down after the last three wins, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Have no fear, I bet on the Ducks to win the Stanley Cup every year before the season starts. :nod:

Good (wo)man!

+1

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
I may eat my words later, but we really need to take penalties, force the other team to take penalties, take offsetting ones. Anything to get us away from 5 vs 5. If you look at the games we won, we gained a lot more momentum off 4 on 4 or PKs. Even game 5, a powerplay goal and samis breakaway.

Nashville has an amazing defensive structure that is frustrating to our players, but special teams we have a clear advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad