Playoffs 2018 Discussion Thread

Who are you Rooting for to Win the Stanley Cup this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
To answer the poll question, voted for Tampa, can’t root against Yzerman.

With regard to tonight, holy crap did the Flyers get stomped. The Penguins looked like the massively superior team.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
God I love playoff hockey!

Philly v Pits was kinda disappointing. Assumed it had potential since both teams hate each other, but looks like like the Pens are just gonna smack around the Flyers the next three game.

Switched over to Jets v Wild half way though -- that game was great from what I watched.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Philly v Pits was kinda disappointing. Assumed it had potential since both teams hate each other, but looks like like the Pens are just gonna smack around the Flyers the next three game.

Switched over to Jets v Wild half way though -- that game was great from what I watched.

I actually expect those series to be the opposite from here on out. In that I don't think Minny and Winnipeg will be super competitive and Philly should be better.

Philly didn't show up tonight. I thought Minny played about as well as they could without Suter and were still dominated. Plus the pounding Winnipeg was applying will get worse. I can see Minny getting a game, but I think that is over in 5. I picked the Pens in 6, we will see. I think Philly fights back a little better in game 2. I doubt Philly gets swept, they are a better team than that.

But I guess time will tell. I would think Giroux can deliver Philly a game or two. They have some talent on the back-end that should be better too moving forward.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I agree with Ferraro that Vegas should watch how involved they get after the whistle. The Kings are pretty rugged in that department. Play your game and turn the other cheek.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
I actually expect those series to be the opposite from here on out. In that I don't think Minny and Winnipeg will be super competitive and Philly should be better.

Philly didn't show up tonight. I thought Minny played about as well as they could without Suter and were still dominated. Plus the pounding Winnipeg was applying will get worse. I can see Minny getting a game, but I think that is over in 5. I picked the Pens in 6, we will see. I think Philly fights back a little better in game 2. I doubt Philly gets swept, they are a better team than that.

But I guess time will tell. I would think Giroux can deliver Philly a game or two. They have some talent on the back-end that should be better too moving forward.

Philly was carrying most of the play up to that 3rd goal. Bad goaltending is so deflating. All the bounces went Pitt's way tonight. That's in part why it looked so bad. But if you're gonna get blow out might as well be in game #1. PIT-PHI series tend to be pretty weird. I'll be shocked if it's a sweep.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I am pretty sure what Doughty just did was super dirty, curious what the replay shows.

That is the risk of running Drew Doughty all game boys, he can hit back when he wants to with all that speed and plenty of edge. I remember him tattooing Hall a while ago in a game. Doughty has some edge to his game, engage that at your own peril Knights.

I agree with Ferraro that it probably is just barely okay.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I am pretty sure what Doughty just did was super dirty, curious what the replay shows.

That is the risk of running Drew Doughty all game boys, he can hit back when he wants to with all that speed and plenty of edge. I remember him tattooing Hall a while ago in a game. Doughty has some edge to his game, engage that at your own peril Knights.

I agree with Ferraro that it probably is just barely okay.

all i saw was head contact on the replay i saw. Wouldnt be surprised to see some discipline dished out by the league. Also wouldnt be surprised if nothing comes of it. Everything and nothing is a surprise when it comes to the DOPS.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
all i saw was head contact on the replay i saw. Wouldnt be surprised to see some discipline dished out by the league. Also wouldnt be surprised if nothing comes of it. Everything and nothing is a surprise when it comes to the DOPS.

I honestly cannot even decide. I think I would give him a game as I have looked at it more. But man I am not sure what they will do.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Doughty is smart enough to clip part of the body, but I don't see how it's not clear he wasn't going after Carrier's head. If that was Matt Cooke throwing that hit, no one would be questioning the intent. If it was Luke Witkowski, no one would be caring about suspending him a game or more for it just to "send a message to the players." The only reason there is talk of it being okay is because it's Doughty.

This isn't going to sit well, but it's crap like this that makes me shrug my shoulders if someone took a page from Tie Domi's highlight package and just ran Doughty at some point. If you play like that, or you're on a team that plays like that, you have it coming.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I put Vegas losing in the second round (I am convinced their run of greatness will end at some point because they are really not that good), but I forgot how much I cannot stand Doughty. He has one of the worst attitudes in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad