Injury Report: Playoffs 2014

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Fighting again, huh?

My opinion on fighting, is that you want guys who CAN fight, but you don't necessarily want guys who DO fight.

I see the above as a window in a player's mentality. Players who are willing to fight and take liberties are ones that I prefer.

And, of course, players who fight organically. Too often it seems like when JT fights someone, he's doing it because it is expected of him.

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
God, this is ****ing hilarious. Breaking your hand on a 4th liner's face in a game that was already over is considered leadership.

Happy to give you a good laugh, Jux. I find it funny that you believe his intention was to break his hand.

I would fault him for it because the things that the players were admitting with regards to getting away from the gameplan, this is a perfect example of that. He allowed Richards and the way things were going to get him off his game. That's not good leadership and fighting at the end of a game that was already decided is not going to spark the team. It was done out of frustration and that shows a lack of mental toughness.

The whole team showed a lack on mental toughness. And they were all frustrated, as they should've been. There would have been no need for Logan to fight or Vlasic to have been injured if THEY ALL stuck to the game plan and closed the series out in game 4 and the start of 5. I'm not going to fault Logan for that or claim he lacks mental toughness.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The whole team showed a lack on mental toughness. And they were all frustrated, as they should've been. There would have been no need for Logan to fight or Vlasic to have been injured if THEY ALL stuck to the game plan and closed the series out in game 4 and the start of 5. I'm not going to fault Logan for that or claim he lacks mental toughness.

Why wouldn't you fault him for that? He's every bit a part of that problem as anyone else. This instance was an example of it. I don't see what letting him off the hook for doing something stupid is going to accomplish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad