Injury Report: Playoffs 2014

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
A catch all thread for known injuries as we enter the playoffs.

Burish -- still in brace after hand surgery. My guess is he might be available for 2nd round. (Injured; surgery 3/26; broken bones usually can be played with within 4-6 weeks. 4 weeks will be end of the first round)

Torres -- word is he'll be ready to go for the playoffs.

Hannan -- "upper body injury, day to day"

Brown -- not injured, per se, but out of line up on paternity leave (wife due any day; not sure if she'll be induced or what his availability for the playoffs will be); just mentioning for completeness.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Most important guy is Torres...the rest are 13th/14th forwards and 7th D-man (or Stuart replacement). I hope Torres/Nieto are ready to go by Game 1 Wed/Thurs. Go Sharks!

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think someone mentioned that Kearns was out for a while after the first. Probably won't affect the lineup (ie hope to god that we don't have to ice Kearns again) but worth mentioning.

If Hannan is unhealthy, I wonder who the top LHD is on our depth chart after Vlasic, Irwin, and Stuart? I heard Abeltshauser has a pretty serious injury, and he would have been my guess. Petrecki? Mueller?

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I think someone mentioned that Kearns was out for a while after the first. Probably won't affect the lineup (ie hope to god that we don't have to ice Kearns again) but worth mentioning.

If Hannan is unhealthy, I wonder who the top LHD is on our depth chart after Vlasic, Irwin, and Stuart? I heard Abeltshauser has a pretty serious injury, and he would have been my guess. Petrecki? Mueller?

Man we are weak on the left.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Demers Braun Tennyson on the right I'm assuming?

I like Tennyson but I'm not sure he'll ever be a full-time NHLer (given how reluctant the team is to use him). It's not out of the question that we make a trade or sign a decent UFA.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I like Tennyson but I'm not sure he'll ever be a full-time NHLer (given how reluctant the team is to use him). It's not out of the question that we make a trade or sign a decent UFA.

Which is a shame because he has the tools to succeed in today's nhl.

Also would've helped if either Demers or Braun showed any ability on their off side.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Which is a shame because he has the tools to succeed in today's nhl.

Also would've helped if either Demers or Braun showed any ability on their off side.

I honestly think that given the depth chart Braun would play the left side. :/

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I honestly think that given the depth chart Braun would play the left side. :/

Off season should be revealing

I don't think mueller makes the jump.

This post season I think eventually due to matchup problems we will see

Vlasic-Braun
Irwin-Boyle
Hannan-Demers

But I also wouldn't mind seeing

Vlasic-Boyle
Hannan-Demers
Stuart/Irwin-Braun

I imagine we will call Tennyson up?

Has he ever played left side?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Off season should be revealing

I don't think mueller makes the jump.

This post season I think eventually due to matchup problems we will see

Vlasic-Braun
Irwin-Boyle
Hannan-Demers

But I also wouldn't mind seeing

Vlasic-Boyle
Hannan-Demers
Stuart/Irwin-Braun

I imagine we will call Tennyson up?

Has he ever played left side?

They won't skate him on LD. And he hasn't been all that good this season on his natural side.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
As far as we know, it's safe to assume Hannan has a concussion. It's likely his second this year alone.

Defense starting the series will almost definitely be Vlasic-Demers, Stuart-Braun, Irwin-Boyle.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
As far as we know, it's safe to assume Hannan has a concussion. It's likely his second this year alone.

Defense starting the series will almost definitely be Vlasic-Demers, Stuart-Braun, Irwin-Boyle.

Eh, I wouldn't think that hit would cause more that much damage but it's possible since he had one earlier (from another cheap elbow) that he's out. But we'll never know because the Sharks are Illuminati-level secretive.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Eh, I wouldn't think that hit would cause more that much damage but it's possible since he had one earlier (from another cheap elbow) that he's out. But we'll never know because the Sharks are Illuminati-level secretive.

And playoffs drop the cone of silence over injuries.

"He's either in or he's not" :D (which might mean sitting for coach's decision as healthy scratch or out injured).

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
CurtisPashelka 12:33pm via Twitter for iPhone

Hannan said he feels fine and is ready to play. Said hit by Bordeleau was pretty much square to the face. #sjsharks

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
PollakOnSharks 1:08pm via Web

McLellan and Torres on same page: Won't know till Thursday if he's in lineup for #SJSharks vs. LAK in Game 1.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
CurtisPashelka 12:33pm via Twitter for iPhone

Hannan said he feels fine and is ready to play. Said hit by Bordeleau was pretty much square to the face. #sjsharks

So who do we think is in, Hannan or Irwin for game 1? I'm thinking they play Irwin to get some more offense generated which is probably going to be the biggest problem in this series for the Sharks.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I'm guessing it's the usual playoff misdirection. I also think they put him on IR after the few games he played this year for cap reason as opposed to health concerns.

I'm positive this is it. But this year I'm feeling overly optimistic

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
If Torres doesn't play. Pavs is on top line and kearns is on the third I will strangle someone

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Wasn't it Torres that said he was about 75%-80% a few weeks ago and that he could play if needed? Unless there was a setback, I don't see how he sits out Game 1. It's crunch time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad