Playoff Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Johnson

Jan 27, 2018
If They Miss The Playoffs,Then Who Should They Hire To Be Our New GM?

How About If They Hire Either Dean Lolmbardi Or Ken Holland?

Reactions: dood

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Guys, playoff chances back up to 2.6%!

Good to beat the Flames. Hoping to get a lottery pick out of them! That'll give us 2

Reactions: dood

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
and to think what could , no,, what would have been if Calvin Dehaan never got hurt. We bad and that's not slang

or if Ho-Sang was never sent down, it seemed our offense and defense went to crap after that move, not surprising since he is one of the few guys on this team who can generate chances.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
350.png

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Playoff chances have DOUBLED in the last 2 days to a whopping 3.1% now!

Isles can now leapfrog the Jackets, Panthers, and Devils if they go 10-2-1 and:

Jackets get 11 points or less in final 12 games
Panthers get 15 points or less in final 15 games
Devils gets 15 points or less in final 13 games

Would need to catch 2/3 of these teams to get in.

Honestly, after that quick evaluation, I'd say the chances are less than 3.1%, but hey can't argue with an algorithm

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Playoff chances have DOUBLED in the last 2 days to a whopping 3.1% now!

Isles can now leapfrog the Jackets, Panthers, and Devils if they go 10-2-1 and:

Jackets get 11 points or less in final 12 games
Panthers get 15 points or less in final 15 games
Devils gets 15 points or less in final 13 games

Would need to catch 2/3 of these teams to get in.

Honestly, after that quick evaluation, I'd say the chances are less than 3.1%, but hey can't argue with an algorithm

Don't be a chicken little! :sarcasm:

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Don't be a chicken little! :sarcasm:

You're right, who was I kidding?

Optimistic spin: Isles need to beat Devs and Panther sin regulation to have nay shot, so Isles can get in if they go 8-2-1 outside of those 2 games and Devs get 15 points or less in their other 12 games and Panthers get 15 points or less in their other 14 :)

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Right now the Isles chances of winning the draft lottery and getting Dahlin are at least twice as good as their chances of making the playoffs.

Reactions: Faterson and dood

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
It ain't happening. Brutal schedule. Caps 2x. Pens. Bolts. Leafs. I can't see it.

Right now the Isles chances of winning the draft lottery and getting Dahlin are at least twice as good as their chances of making the playoffs.

Isles going 13-0, making playoffs, winning lottery and having Ross Johnston’s fist handshake Tom Wilson’s face repeatedly! BOOK IT!

Actually, don’t book-it. In fact just disregard everything just written...

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Regardless of our situation I will always cheer the boys on. That said, I would be bringing up the youth right now and giving them some valuable experience. We might not make it into the playoffs, but getting some wins could have a significant effect on the players confidence for next year.

I don't see Snow making any significant trades as he only seems to have two trading partners in, Edmonton and Las Vegas. It's possible but I think the chances are pretty slim. Unlike most here, I really hope he does make a few big trades. He hasn't been able to pull the trigger much in the past, but given the John Tavares situation, I hold onto a bit of hope.

I think our most reasonable hope for a significant addition is to sign Raanta as an unrestricted free agent. I haven't looked closely at the other teams rosters, but I don't believe there will be a large number of teams competing for his services. Detroit? Florida?

I get the feeling that Tavares will not re-sign if we go with Gibson and Greiss in net. And I don't think he resigns if we count on Soderstrom or Sorokin. Too risky, IMO.

I really think that us acquiring a top goalie is the key to the direction of this team. Whether it's Raanta or a trade for someone like Fleury, I see this as pivotal.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
I get the feeling that Tavares will not re-sign if we go with Gibson and Greiss in net. And I don't think he resigns if we count on Soderstrom or Sorokin. Too risky, IMO.

I really think that us acquiring a top goalie is the key to the direction of this team. Whether it's Raanta or a trade for someone like Fleury, I see this as pivotal.
I apologise, probably I misunderstood you ... but do you think that Tavares signing or not signing depends on Gibson, Greiss, Söderström, and Sorokin?

Reactions: WangMustGo

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Regardless of our situation I will always cheer the boys on. That said, I would be bringing up the youth right now and giving them some valuable experience. We might not make it into the playoffs, but getting some wins could have a significant effect on the players confidence for next year.

I don't see Snow making any significant trades as he only seems to have two trading partners in, Edmonton and Las Vegas. It's possible but I think the chances are pretty slim. Unlike most here, I really hope he does make a few big trades. He hasn't been able to pull the trigger much in the past, but given the John Tavares situation, I hold onto a bit of hope.

I think our most reasonable hope for a significant addition is to sign Raanta as an unrestricted free agent. I haven't looked closely at the other teams rosters, but I don't believe there will be a large number of teams competing for his services. Detroit? Florida?

i wish there was something to cheer about ... i will be in ny this thursday and will not attend the game as i'm absolutely disgusted of how this team is run ... the only thing that winning a few games now can do is hurt our draft position...i hope snow has no chance of making trades because he has been dumped into the fn dumpster ... he's an fn amateur who has given the fans the worst defense in the league ... just my opinion

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
I apologise, probably I misunderstood you ... but do you think that Tavares signing or not signing depends on Gibson, Greiss, Söderström, and Sorokin?
i think a top goalie will be enough to sway JT to stay (coupled with the new arena), and none of these in-house options are good enough.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
i think a top goalie will be enough to sway JT to stay (coupled with the new arena), and none of these in-house options are good enough.

You really think the Isles are only a good goalie away from being a Cup contender? Because that's essentially what you're saying -- Tavares' decision to stay because he thinks the Isles are a good goalie away from contending.

I'd argue that Tavares and his camp, if they're evaluating the roster, would also see the massive gaping hole on defense as an issue more so than whether or not Raantta or Halak is their #1 goalie.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
You really think the Isles are only a good goalie away from being a Cup contender? Because that's essentially what you're saying -- Tavares' decision to stay because he thinks the Isles are a good goalie away from contending.

I'd argue that Tavares and his camp, if they're evaluating the roster, would also see the massive gaping hole on defense as an issue more so than whether or not Raantta or Halak is their #1 goalie.
If they upgrade the talent and depth on defense, get a good goalie and implement a more defensively responsible system they will be a playoff team. Not just a bubble team but a legit playoff team team in my opinion.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If they upgrade the talent and depth on defense, get a good goalie and implement a more defensively responsible system they will be a playoff team. Not just a bubble team but a legit playoff team team in my opinion.

Right. But that's why I was asking for his clarification because he made it sound like Tavares' decision to re-sign hinged on whether the Isles upgraded the goalie situation or not.

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
This might sound crazy but I so much like what I see in Gibson and Davidson that I can see a 6-2 run here making the last 5 games worthy of watching. I wish we didn't have a damn home and home with the Capitals for it means we'll probably see a washed up Halak in one of those games. To me Davidson has made a DeHaan resigning into maybe a doubter from a no doubter.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I’m hoping they don’t make the playoffs. I do not want to see them go on a tear and sneak in. They’ll get destroyed by Boston it Tampa. It’s. It even worth it. This is not usually my stance, but at this point, I’d rather see two shots at the top pick then a first round embarrassment. I don’t think making or not making the playoffs will affect Tavares’ decision. I believe the guys mind is made up. The only thing that making the playoffs will do, is buy Weight and Snow another season. If by some miracle the isles can grab the first two picks, they can fast track this rebuild. Hopefully.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
This might sound crazy but I so much like what I see in Gibson and Davidson that I can see a 6-2 run here making the last 5 games worthy of watching. I wish we didn't have a damn home and home with the Capitals for it means we'll probably see a washed up Halak in one of those games. To me Davidson has made a DeHaan resigning into maybe a doubter from a no doubter.
Davidson cant hold CDH's jock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad