Playoff Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Kulemin listed as day to day. Practiced in Vancouver on a line with Nelson. He may just be our big pick up for the playoff push if the season doesn't end first. Finding a spot for him should not be difficult.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Kulemin listed as day to day. Practiced in Vancouver on a line with Nelson. He may just be our big pick up for the playoff push if the season doesn't end first. Finding a spot for him should not be difficult.
Another stellar year by our GM/President!

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
8 regulation wins in 41 games

Astounding.

What happened to parity?

Who knows maybe that Calgary pick turns into Dahlin. The hockey gods know that the isles could use some luck.

If Garth has a strategy, you have to believe "prayer" is a key component. But then again, he's too smug to think God is better to pray to than himself.

I wonder if Florida will lose again the rest of the season. Up 4-0 on Flyers. Unreal how we cannot win a game and Florida cannot lose a game.

They've been without Luongo most of the year too. They look like a really good team and I think Barkov may be the NHL's best kept secret. Every time I see him play he seems to be the best player on the ice - just as good defensively and offensively.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Astounding.

What happened to parity?

I think parity exists, but the problem is it's forced in the standings. Those three point games are ridiculous and there is no reason for a team who has more losses to be seeded higher than a team with more wins. Now, I know that wasn't why you brought it up but it is beyond stupid to me the way the NHL has the standings.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Guys, we need to focus on the important things.

Is it failin' for Dahlin? (Day-lin)

Or

Fallin' for Dahlin? (Doll-in)

Or something else? I don't know how to pronounce his name :(

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Guys, we need to focus on the important things.

Is it failin' for Dahlin? (Day-lin)

Or

Fallin' for Dahlin? (Doll-in)

Or something else? I don't know how to pronounce his name :(
How about:

Yo Rasmus be losin'

?

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
We got a point last night! Our 4% playoff chances remain alive as ever. A loss by Florida, Columbus, New Jersey, and Caroline tonigth and our chances will rise to between 7-8%. Let's go!!!!!

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
67 points in 67 games. I think we'll need 92 points to have any shot, 93/94 should get us in. So... 25 points in 15 games. 12-2-1 finish?
:)

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
67 points in 67 games. I think we'll need 92 points to have any shot, 93/94 should get us in. So... 25 points in 15 games. 12-2-1 finish?
:)
Right now Columbus is on pace to finish at 88 points and get the last WC. So even 10-4-1 may be enough.

Either way, not happening.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Right now Columbus is on pace to finish at 88 points and get the last WC. So even 10-4-1 may be enough.

Either way, not happening.

Panthers are on pace for 91. Devils are on pace for 92. Those are the 2 WC teams right now based on points%.

Either way, not happening. But at the same time I'd rather root for the team to win and keep themselves alive longer. Not one to root for losing, especially considering we have a chance at the #1 pick even if we miss the playoffs by 1 point.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I think parity exists, but the problem is it's forced in the standings. Those three point games are ridiculous and there is no reason for a team who has more losses to be seeded higher than a team with more wins. Now, I know that wasn't why you brought it up but it is beyond stupid to me the way the NHL has the standings.
Another discussion for another day, but I totally agree. Shootout is stupid. Play a 10 minute 3v3 then, and if still tied after that, call it a night and each team gets 1 point. No more loser points.

Reactions: Poulin 0n My St1ck

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Another discussion for another day, but I totally agree. Shootout is stupid. Play a 10 minute 3v3 then, and if still tied after that, call it a night and each team gets 1 point. No more loser points.

The idea that the Islanders were a .500 club going into last night's game is ridiculous. Either go straight wins and losses or adjust the amount of points per win.

Pittsburgh has more wins than Washington, but it still behind them in the standings. If you asked a 1st grader they'd be able to identify that shouldn't the case.

Reactions: Big L

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY

It's idiotic. NYI had more wins than the leafs last year and didn't make it. In 2014-15 NYI had 2 more wins than caps but caps had home ice. The whole thing makes no sense

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Panthers are on pace for 91. Devils are on pace for 92. Those are the 2 WC teams right now based on points%.

Either way, not happening. But at the same time I'd rather root for the team to win and keep themselves alive longer. Not one to root for losing, especially considering we have a chance at the #1 pick even if we miss the playoffs by 1 point.
Ah good point re: the other teams. Didn't consider that. Agree on rooting for W's as opposed to tanking. Also agree that it ain't happening. :)

HyeDray

Jul 13, 2006
New Hyde Park, NY
Actually watched last night — and the entire team — JT to Halak — look complete disinterested.

See how they "skated" how they looked — I saw players who appeared and played like they would rather have open heart surgery without an anesthetic while the surgery was being performed in a room laced with ebola, and small pox by a surgical team of 6 year olds!!!!

I have heard many people say "they're professionals… they don't quit… they don't tank seasons…"

If these are professionals — then the definition must have changed significantly over the last 46 years I have been on this planet!

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
It's idiotic. NYI had more wins than the leafs last year and didn't make it. In 2014-15 NYI had 2 more wins than caps but caps had home ice. The whole thing makes no sense
Wins should be worth 3 points with continuous 3v3, no shootout. Solves everything.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
But at the same time I'd rather root for the team to win and keep themselves alive longer. Not one to root for losing, especially considering we have a chance at the #1 pick even if we miss the playoffs by 1 point.
agreed. even if we 'tank' and wind up getting the 10th pick instead of the 15th, is there really such a significant difference? i choose to keep cheering until we are mathematically eliminated.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Actually watched last night — and the entire team — JT to Halak — look complete disinterested.

See how they "skated" how they looked — I saw players who appeared and played like they would rather have open heart surgery without an anesthetic while the surgery was being performed in a room laced with ebola, and small pox by a surgical team of 6 year olds!!!!

I have heard many people say "they're professionals… they don't quit… they don't tank seasons…"

If these are professionals — then the definition must have changed significantly over the last 46 years I have been on this planet!

Glad to see you post here, always a fresh perspective

As for this team, it is what happens when you have a coach who really doesn't coach, he just submits lineups, and changes lines (yet we are very bad with line changes). Additionally I think Weight is too much of a friend to guys like Ladd and JT and that always contributes to a lack of accountability. It is really bad when Barzal gets called out after games. Watch Beau sit after that mistake in OT, but Ladd makes mistakes like that all game.

Watch Ottawa and you can see the team has tuned out Boucher, Isles have become apathetic to winning and losing, they would run through a wall for Cappy for sure.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
there's so much blame to go around when you ice a sub-par roster night after night. Look at the roster and you can assemble a series of coaching from Scotty Bowman to Al Arbour and good luck.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
NJD seemed to have little trouble with those powerful habs.
I agree 100%. This team is a mess obviously. Pains me to think we had something here late October/November time. Heck, we were seeing Hockey News acticles mentioning the Isles may be for real this year. From top to bottom this year stings way more than last year. Can anyone tell me Garth Snow envisioned #13 being so good this year? More points than JT, better plus minus a point per game player and a calder winner? Snow lucked out with a great center in Barzal to compliment #91 and we miss out again for the vaunted #8 spot? c'mon already, let's make some big changes already Ledecky...

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
NJ won, CBJ won, FLA got a loser point.

The playoffs pushed even further to 6 points

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
The idea that the Islanders were a .500 club going into last night's game is ridiculous. Either go straight wins and losses or adjust the amount of points per win.

Pittsburgh has more wins than Washington, but it still behind them in the standings. If you asked a 1st grader they'd be able to identify that shouldn't the case.

Not quite sure, seems like perfect common core math to me, lol.

Reactions: PK Cronin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad