Playoff Push Thread

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
No matter what, Blues need to either get in or barely be out. Give the Flyers nothing better than a #15 overall pick. Really hope the Blues go on a tear and make the playoffs tho. Schwartz is on fire.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I haven't seen it mentioned here, but the Blues officially control their own destiny for the top Wild Card spot. I'm still scoreboard watching like crazy because the odds of going undefeated are incredibly slim. However, if we win the rest of our games, the worst we could finish is in the top WC spot. No matter what, we would pass Colorado and one of LA and Anaheim since they all play each other down the stretch and we play Colorado. Again, we're not going to go undefeated, but it is equally unlikely that those 3 teams all go undefeated (and take the games against each other to OT). We have to take care of our business as much as possible, but it's nice to know that we control our own fate at the moment.

A bit off topic, but I'll be at the Vegas game next Friday and the Colorado game to close the season. I'm really hoping that each of those games still caries playoff implications for us (unless we have already clinched before playing the Avs, at which point I'm hoping we give Husso the game as a reward).

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
I haven't seen it mentioned here, but the Blues officially control their own destiny for the top Wild Card spot. I'm still scoreboard watching like crazy because the odds of going undefeated are incredibly slim. However, if we win the rest of our games, the worst we could finish is in the top WC spot. No matter what, we would pass Colorado and one of LA and Anaheim since they all play each other down the stretch and we play Colorado. Again, we're not going to go undefeated, but it is equally unlikely that those 3 teams all go undefeated (and take the games against each other to OT). We have to take care of our business as much as possible, but it's nice to know that we control our own fate at the moment.

A bit off topic, but I'll be at the Vegas game next Friday and the Colorado game to close the season. I'm really hoping that each of those games still caries playoff implications for us (unless we have already clinched before playing the Avs, at which point I'm hoping we give Husso the game as a reward).
Hey ill be at the Colorado game too!

Reactions: Brian39

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Hey ill be at the Colorado game too!

There are always a good chunk of Blues fans at the Pepsi Center when the Blues are in town. I was at the game where the NHL blew the offside call in the 3rd period and the atmosphere was great. I can't imagine what it will be like if that game winds up being an elimination game for the loser.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
There are always a good chunk of Blues fans at the Pepsi Center when the Blues are in town. I was at the game where the NHL blew the offside call in the 3rd period and the atmosphere was great. I can't imagine what it will be like if that game winds up being an elimination game for the loser.
I'm pumped. a group of us are traveling to Colorado for a bachelor party from St. Louis/KC. So if its a make or break game even better! I never thought that was going to be an option when we planned this thing 2 months ago!

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Plz beat the Jackets.

Best regards,
The Devils
puddy_devils_medium.jpg

Leaving for St.Louis in an hour...Looking forward to the game Tuesday night against the Sharks.

Reactions: jura and thedustman

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

IF The Blues would somehow win all their remaining games (not going to happen with Allen's weaknesses popping up in almost every game), they would not only finish higher than any other Wild Card contender, but, they would overtake The Wild for 3rd Place in The Central

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
vegas avalanche game is absolutely nuts
Yeah, got a bit crazy in the last few minutes the the Söderberg-Perron collision and then MAF coming out to prevent the breakaway.

Colorado should be out of sight at this point, but MAF doing everything to keep Vegas in it.

Edit: Varlamov gets lucky that a puck goes through him bounces inches wide.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Yeah, got a bit crazy in the last few minutes the the Söderberg-Perron collision and then MAF coming out to prevent the breakaway.

Colorado should be out of sight at this point, but MAF doing everything to keep Vegas in it.

Edit: Varlamov gets lucky that a puck goes through him bounces inches wide.
whoa, this game is exhilarating... it makes me think this season will come down to that last avs game for the blues

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
That OT was crazy. To the shootout, so at a minimum the Avs won't be getting a ROW.

Edit: Colorado win the shootout. That attempt from Marchessault was a joke, no wonder his is 0-for-4 now.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
That hurt. Blues need to win this tough road game tonight to keep pace

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Edmonton up 1-0 early on LA.

Might as well stay up until 5:30 watching this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad