Playoff Push Thread

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I knew counting on the Wild was going to be tough. They just fold under any pressure. Product of their awful, mentally soft coach. So brutal. Worst possible result for us.

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
Wild have had multiple chances to help the Blues lately. Any chance you guys see the Wild falling out? They have a pretty brutal remaining schedule. Also you gotta think LA loses tomorrow on a b2b in winnipeg

vs NSH
vs BOS (b2b)

@ NSH
vs DAL
vs EDM

then cali trip for 3 with a b2b in ANA/LA

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Wild have had multiple chances to help the Blues lately. Any chance you guys see the Wild falling out? They have a pretty brutal remaining schedule. Also you gotta think LA loses tomorrow on a b2b in winnipeg

vs NSH
vs BOS (b2b)

@ NSH
vs DAL
vs EDM

then cali trip for 3 with a b2b in ANA/LA

I don’t think anyone would be shocked if the Wild fell out of the playoffs. Every night from here on out the standings will shift around. The Blues need to win almost every game remaining. The best thing they have going for them is the brutal schedules of some other teams.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Sportsclubstats has us at about a coin flip to make the playoffs if we go 6-4 down the stretch and a 74% chance of making the playoffs at 6-3-1. If we can get to 7-3, that gives us a 90% chance of making the playoffs, so I'm not calling every game must-win at this point. We play enough bad teams that I'd be surprised if we weren't right in the hunt in the last week of the season. I'll be at the Pepsi Center on April 7th for what is hopefully a meaningful game!

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The good news is that the Avs play LA two more times and Anaheim one more time before the season ends. So there's three games were at least one of those teams won't come away with any points barring OT.

LA and Anaheim also play each other before the season is over. That's a big help for us.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Imagine if regular season last game against Avs would define are we in playoffs or not?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’m really thinking its going to take 7-2 for 99 points for us to make it. LA and Anaheim arent going away

Reactions: PiggySmalls

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales
I’m really thinking its going to take 7-2 for 99 points for us to make it. LA and Anaheim arent going away
Think you maybe correct , especially with the Ducks . Something inside me thinks Colorado will fall apart , maybe wishful thinking but you never know . Mckinnon may have other ideas though & keep them on his back & carry them there on his way to the hart.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Think you maybe correct , especially with the Ducks . Something inside me thinks Colorado will fall apart , maybe wishful thinking but you never know . Mckinnon may have other ideas though & keep them on his back & carry them there on his way to the hart.

I was more worried about COL after seeing MacKinnon tear it up, but I noticed their last 10 is about the same as ours (2 more OT losses) and they got smoked by the Kings. The way I see it, if we win our games today and tomorrow, Ducks lose to WIN, and COL loses to LV....we'll be in playoff position and trending the right direction.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I still think we miss.

I'm really excited to see the team finally digging deep, coming from behind, and getting victories. It's what I expect from them and it makes me a proud Blues fan: win or lose we play our hearts out.

The sad part is that mid season was more than just a few lost games. It was a complete collapse in team work ethic to show up and finish games. That dark period will haunt us. It will be the reason we miss the playoffs by a few points. If only back in Dec and Jan they put in the effort to at least get to OT in some of those games we wouldn't be here scoreboard watching.

Reactions: Bluenatic

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Call me an eternal optimist, but one thing this recent push has done (in my mind anyway) is set us apart from the Islanders in how we're handling adversity and the push to make the playoffs. The Islanders have pretty much folded up and dropped to last in the Metro and we're fighting for our lives every night. Even if we don't make the playoffs, I think we've made enough of a statement that Army can reasonably assure Tavares and his agent that moving from the Islanders to the Blues would not be a lateral move in terms of how close we are to competing for a Cup. Other teams may be able to present a better argument, but I think we've at least set ourselves apart as an organization as a better option to win than staying put.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I was more worried about COL after seeing MacKinnon tear it up, but I noticed their last 10 is about the same as ours (2 more OT losses) and they got smoked by the Kings. The way I see it, if we win our games today and tomorrow, Ducks lose to WIN, and COL loses to LV....we'll be in playoff position and trending the right direction.
Can't forget about Minnesota (NSH & BOS) either. That's 3 teams that are playing teams 10+ points above them this weekend.

I don't see Minnesota falling out, but their final 3 games is the west coast trip (ANA, LAK & SJS). Having them needing points in those games would help our cause.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Can't forget about Minnesota (NSH & BOS) either. That's 3 teams that are playing teams 10+ points above them this weekend.

I don't see Minnesota falling out, but their final 3 games is the west coast trip (ANA, LAK & SJS). Having them needing points in those games would help our cause.

Good point, their schedule is toughest. I was just looking at the next two days, but seeing that MIN has Nash and BOS for their next two paints a picture where we could be 1 point out of 3rd in our division with games played even at 75.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I still think we miss.

I'm really excited to see the team finally digging deep, coming from behind, and getting victories. It's what I expect from them and it makes me a proud Blues fan: win or lose we play our hearts out.

The sad part is that mid season was more than just a few lost games. It was a complete collapse in team work ethic to show up and finish games. That dark period will haunt us. It will be the reason we miss the playoffs by a few points. If only back in Dec and Jan they put in the effort to at least get to OT in some of those games we wouldn't be here scoreboard watching.
I am thinking we miss, too. I keep envisioning all of those games against bottom feeder teams that we didn't show up and took the game as a given where we lost points. The difference between this year and last is that last year we pulled out last minute wins, much like the last few games we've played, or found a way to get the loser point. This season was mostly filled with we win decidedly or lose decidedly. It's like they lost that mental focus where you go out and just make things happen and decided to kind of wait and see instead. They still have that , as is evident these last few games, but I fear it is a case of too little too late at this point.

Reactions: Bluenatic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad