Line Combos: Playoff Line up

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Okay ill bite and reply. We have a rookie 2nd in points this post season. Palms and Etem has single handedly been having an outbreak year and an amazing season for us being ROOKIES "not expected btw" Soj didn't even think Etem would be called up, cool fact btw gj Soj. I don't understand how you can say youth movement blah blah. If we didn't have them? You do understand this series would be over? You can calculate the goal difference and assists for youth movement I'm not going to do it for you. Include Boner, Etem, Palms, Beleskey.

Let's break this down:

First off, Bonino and Beleskey are 24+ years of age, and both just finished playing their 3rd NHL (regular) season. It's more than a little misleading to call them part of any "youth movement" and I'm pretty sure this has been pointed out to you a number of times. You just keep ignoring it. Just because Bonino and Beleskey have taken that next step doesn't make them a youth movement. They're established players by now, and not much younger than Getzlaf and Perry.

Secondly, it's important to note when the goals, and assists, were accumulated. Out of all of the points put up by Palmieri and Etem, do you know which ones were in games the Ducks won? Two. Palmieri scored in Game 5(this one is actually significant), and Etem put up an assist in the 4-0 Game 3. The rest of the points? They were tallied in losses. So, to point to their point totals and say that we'd be out of this series if it wasn't for them is just disingenuous, and blatantly wrong. Don't get me wrong, points are points, and they deserve major props there, but don't make it sound like their performances have single-handedly kept Anaheim in this series. Anaheim is not winning games because of the 4th line. That line has done a great job of helping us get back into games that, unfortunately, we fell short in, but that really goes to show how important it is for our top six players to show up, doesn't it? In other words, the youth movement isn't going to take us anywhere without our top six actually showing up, because those are the players we need to be sharp.

Finally, I stand by my opinion of Etem at the beginning of the season. He didn't look ready. Not for the role that some people(you included) were expecting. Do you really think it's a coincidence that, when Etem returned, it was in an energy/grinding role? He wasn't ready for a scoring role, and he didn't belong in the NHL in that role. I think he's done a terrific job of making adjustments, but don't pretend you called this. You've practically been pleading all season for him to be in a top six scoring role, hoping to get him out of the very same energy/grinding role that he's been successful in this season. You can't say "I told you so" when the coach is, so clearly, not using Etem the way you think he should. My primary criticism of Etem heading into the season was that he was too one-dimensional, and I didn't think he would be able to stick so soon until he could start playing a more complete game. So, yeah, good job. That's exactly what happened, isn't it? Does that mean I get to say I called it? It happened sooner than I thought it would, which is certainly a testament to Etem's ability and work ethic, but it seems like I hit the target pretty much dead on.

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Finally, I stand by my opinion of Etem at the beginning of the season. He didn't look ready.

As you should. He wasn't ready. If there was no lockout he would have probably spent the exact same amount of time in the AHL as he did anyway.

Wasn't ducksgo the poster who predicted last offseason - before Etem even spent a day in the NHL that he would score 30 goals in his first full season? I'm pretty sure it was him anyway.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
As you should. He wasn't ready. If there was no lockout he would have probably spent the exact same amount of time in the AHL as he did anyway.

Wasn't ducksgo the poster who predicted last offseason - before Etem even spent a day in the NHL that he would score 30 goals in his first full season? I'm pretty sure it was him anyway.

It might have been Occupy(KEEROLE now). They were both pretty bubbly about him.

Etem's learning curve has been pretty impressive, and I didn't expect that at all. In my opinion, it looks like Anaheim sent him down and (in conjunction with the coach in Norfolk) asked him to focus on specific areas to round out his game. It seems pretty clear he took their request to heart, and here we are.

His offensive game still looks pretty raw to me, but he seems to be learning, and in the meantime he's been an excellent energy/grinder player for us in the bottom six. Not to mention how dangerous he is on the PK with his speed. The kid is impressive, no doubt, and I could see him challenging for a top six role next season(and I hope he does).

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Let's break this down:

First off, Bonino and Beleskey are 24+ years of age, and both just finished playing their 3rd NHL (regular) season. It's more than a little misleading to call them part of any "youth movement" and I'm pretty sure this has been pointed out to you a number of times. You just keep ignoring it. Just because Bonino and Beleskey have taken that next step doesn't make them a youth movement. They're established players by now, and not much younger than Getzlaf and Perry.

Secondly, it's important to note when the goals, and assists, were accumulated. Out of all of the points put up by Palmieri and Etem, do you know which ones were in games the Ducks won? Two. Palmieri scored in Game 5(this one is actually significant), and Etem put up an assist in the 4-0 Game 3. The rest of the points? They were tallied in losses. So, to point to their point totals and say that we'd be out of this series if it wasn't for them is just disingenuous, and blatantly wrong. Don't get me wrong, points are points, and they deserve major props there, but don't make it sound like their performances have single-handedly kept Anaheim in this series. Anaheim is not winning games because of the 4th line. That line has done a great job of helping us get back into games that, unfortunately, we fell short in, but that really goes to show how important it is for our top six players to show up, doesn't it? In other words, the youth movement isn't going to take us anywhere without our top six actually showing up, because those are the players we need to be sharp.

Finally, I stand by my opinion of Etem at the beginning of the season. He didn't look ready. Not for the role that some people(you included) were expecting. Do you really think it's a coincidence that, when Etem returned, it was in an energy/grinding role? He wasn't ready for a scoring role, and he didn't belong in the NHL in that role. I think he's done a terrific job of making adjustments, but don't pretend you called this. You've practically been pleading all season for him to be in a top six scoring role, hoping to get him out of the very same energy/grinding role that he's been successful in this season. You can't say "I told you so" when the coach is, so clearly, not using Etem the way you think he should. My primary criticism of Etem heading into the season was that he was too one-dimensional, and I didn't think he would be able to stick so soon until he could start playing a more complete game. So, yeah, good job. That's exactly what happened, isn't it? Does that mean I get to say I called it? It happened sooner than I thought it would, which is certainly a testament to Etem's ability and work ethic, but it seems like I hit the target pretty much dead on.

Hater. :sarcasm:

Right now Etem doesn't need more top 6 time necessarily, he needs Boudreau to manage his lines so that the 4th line gets out there on favorable match ups so they can abuse the appropriate Wings defensemen with the 4th line's speed. The problem of course being that the goal is to get RPG out against the same pairing. If Cogliano could settle in at center that would be one hell of an energy line in the future.

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
Ducks wouldn't be in this spot without the veteran leadership and the energy of the young players. We have the right mix and need both in order to be successful. We've won the games where all have contributed. We need all of them to play their best tomorrow night.

eenok*

anaheim is NOT playing good . there is something missing an there is something wrong. some things are wrong i mean say. wrong mix wrong players play etc. too much to point right on. i see some things are easy to point on an correct but BB is not gonna change anything i see that. i say anaheim has not palyd good this season but still had enough win to play playoff. sometimes team win despite game not working. see that.

koivu should have more offensive role an vatanen should have keerole.also for example fasth should be trusted. hiller no good.

next season vatanen for big icetime or WEIRD!!! vatanen is best in offense an defense in TEAM ROSTER! still small brother lydman play! an sbisa,an allen, an fowler...xoxo.

anaheim team where all is right? just forget about it. if you listen to professor you know game is not working for anaheim. ive said these long time now. thank you

defens is clumpsy an not talanted. best defensman(vatanen) both offens an defens is not seen. this shows the problem. = wrong players are on ice ===== would have wanted selanne to be seen playing last season? w superstar vatanen but no!! coach narrow selannes icetime an let vatanen sit. grrr

EENOK/HOCKEYPROFESSOR/IL/FINLAND

Last edited by a moderator:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
You lose any credibility when you imply that Vatanen should be instead of Fowler. That is beyond absurd.

eenok*

not instead of fowler but instead of many others. also i say vatanen is better than fowler yes. BIG PROBLEM...also kind of usual in teams i think? that often coachstuff dont seem to knowing some players capasity . vatanen is a superstar. yeah

i see it..in detroit game defens is throwing icing pucks in panic for forwards to suck on . yeah. is this what we wanna? superstar vatanen the turbotalanted offensive/defensive machine superstar is really needed. poor vatanen.an next season there is not the great combo/selanne/vatanen to feed us...propably most not. what would have been magic will never be. playin team foolish will only happy the opponent!

EENOK/PROFESSOR

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Vatanen isn't better than Fowler. Period. It's pretty clear you know nothing about this team, and only care about Vatanen.

eenok*

iknow the way to play better w this roster yeah. i say anaheim is not playing good in long time. start of season koivu was much of monster but hes now frustrated in doing PK stuff jobs all time . give him offensive role. hes frustrated he doesnt get paid for his job.

coach is kinda stoned. same thing all nights. team is NOT playing good. where is change? steel defense. christ give them some vatanen atletics an team smile better!!!

vatanen will solo up pucks an solve many problems! no need of sbisa icing pucks that sucks gamejoy from forwards. thank you

when vatanen destroys the game thinking ideas from the mighty coaches by setting huge numbers on table next season...can i then be seen here an have a PROFESSIONAL job somewhere in anaheim organisation!!!??? i know hockey.please mark my words an share. thank you.

EENOK/PROFESSOR/IL/FINLAND

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Koivu knew he was going to be in a 3rd line role to begin the season. Don't make **** up, dude. It's disrespectful to Koivu to question his character like that.

eenok*

this series have proven all things ive said all season of anaheim team to be 100percnt true

im going to sleep. maybe some icing puck will end up in detroit goal. i dont xpect it but somtimes it happens.good luck guys.

EENOK/PROFESSOR/IL/FINLAND

eenok*

It's only proven you don't pay attention to the games.

i rarely see just little minutes of games but when i see a player i see his capasity an skills. thats enough many times. putting man in corner and favor baby is not right way for winning at NHL level.

goodnight america..wherever you are

EENOKthe nighthawk/PROFESSOR/IL/FINLAND

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad