Line Combos: Playoff Line up

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
When Bruce tried Etem - Getz - Palms on the 1st line in game 4 they got hemmed in their zone for 3 straight shifts. Etem and Palmieri aren't ready to take on the likes of Datsyuk & Zetterberg at this point.

Good thing we are at home in G7 then. Boudreau should be able to get the matchups to his advantage.

Point is RPG has failed to generate any offense through 6 games. I'd rather take a risk at the start of Game 7 to try and get something going early, rather than have to claw back late, while relying on the 4th line, yet again.

Last edited:

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Everyone Etem is on the ice something good happens you haters can say all you want about his scoring but if you have watched any of the games you cannot disagree

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
If we're going to go deep into these playoffs the Big Line needs to produce as a line. We need their combined fire power or we don't have a chance against teams like Pittsburgh or Chicago whose depth is as good as ours or better. Bobby scored a big goal last nogjt but Perry needs to do something. It's not his linemates either it's him. Splitting up that line weakens other that are actually working.

QuackAttack90

Nov 29, 2011
yeah Perry and Ryan are struggling. Bobby receives more passes while he is standing absolutely still than anyone in the NHL. He needs to get his feet moving away from the puck.
Overall the big line has glimpses of brilliance but their cycling isn't getting anything done scoring wise.

Teemu finally is looking his age. I truly believe this will be the end of the line for him so they need to win this game 7 so I won't have to say goodbye yet :( I think he is actually hurting our 2nd line but there is no where else in the lineup that he really fits.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
It seems like Detroit knows how to play against the 1st line. Ericsson in particular. They just seal them off to the outside and allow them to cycle endlessly as long as they can't get to the middle.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Why does Perry do the same exact toe drag move everytime he crosses the blue line into Det zone...It NEVER works....

DaDucks*

Time to unleash the secret weapon... Time to unleash THE DVORAK!

I'm not joking

Although
It does sound like an ancient beast

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Etem has been spectacular as has Beleskey
At this point I wish Maroon would be inserted for Teemu or Winnik
But that will never happen. A horrid Detroit team should have been taken out in 5 games real pathetic its going 7 games

gradeAducksfan

Mar 29, 2010
Anaheim
Etem has been spectacular as has Beleskey
At this point I wish Maroon would be inserted for Teemu or Winnik
But that will never happen. A horrid Detroit team should have been taken out in 5 games real pathetic its going 7 games

Yup! That's why I think the Ducks are done. I hate to say and think that but COME ON....

Slow plays and no heart from the 8.7 million dollar man! (Perry)

gradeAducksfan

Mar 29, 2010
Anaheim
Haven't you been saying all season the Ducks are done?

Yes because this team is not built for a long playoff run. THEY CAN'T EVEN FINISH OFF THE 7th SEEDED WINGS.

Sorry Sojourn but I've been watching hockey for a very long time and know want it takes to win. Kings (Hate to say it) Have that!

If Perry (2 points) can't find the back of the net we are not making it out of this round. He got his money didn't he! Remember he was been worthless since that big payday. I LOVE Perry but he's not getting it done.

gradeAducksfan

Mar 29, 2010
Anaheim
Yes because this team is not built for a long playoff run. THEY CAN'T EVEN FINISH OFF THE 7th SEEDED WINGS.

Sorry Sojourn but I've been watching hockey for a very long time and know want it takes to win. Kings (Hate to say it) Have that!

If Perry (2 points) can't find the back of the net we are not making it out of this round. He got his money didn't he! Remember he was been worthless since that big payday. I LOVE Perry but he's not getting it done.

Since the "Big pay day"

6 goals 6 assists -4

Oh and lets not forget the playoff numbers (2 Assists)

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Uh, okay. I've been watching hockey all of my life, and I've been playing hockey all of my life, and since I'm older than you I've got more experience to my credit. Does that mean I win? That means I win, right? When do I get my award?

Detroit was one of the hottest teams in the NHL coming into the playoffs. They aren't some cinderella team. They're an experienced NHL team, with a great goalie, and some serious playoff talent. The only reason this series is still being played is that our best offensive talent is not playing well, and Hiller has been mediocre. In other words, the series is going to 7 games because the Ducks just haven't played at their best. In my opinion, that's a pretty good argument that this team is built to go deep. Whether they do or not, well, that's up to the players.

What are you going to say if Anaheim wins Game 7? "Uh... nevermind. We're going to lose in Round 2 instead. We're done."

Since the "Big pay day"

6 goals 6 assists -4

Oh and lets not forget the playoff numbers (2 Assists)

That might be significant to me if I saw a lack of effort from Perry. I don't. What I see is a player who just hasn't been able to bury his chances. Perry, this season, reminds me of Getzlaf from last season. Plenty of hard work, the points just aren't there.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
IF we win tomorrow and Hiller doesn't have a play a great game, that would be the time to give Fasth a try. Switching in the middle of a series isn't really an option to me.

Ducksgo*

Yup! That's why I think the Ducks are done. I hate to say and think that but COME ON....

Slow plays and no heart from the 8.7 million dollar man! (Perry)

Ducks are NOT done. The wings came in this series with a super hot streak. We have youth movement carrying this ********. I understand Perry hasn't done his job this season, or post season to be exact. But to put all the blame on one player is stupid. You might want to throw Selanne and Ryan under the bus as well. Both have been **** also this season just not Perry.

Ducksgo*

Everyone Etem is on the ice something good happens you haters can say all you want about his scoring but if you have watched any of the games you cannot disagree

Man!!!!! I ignored the haters since this kid was drafted. People always saying **** about this kid. He's SHOWN up EVERY game! He fing scores goals also! Sets people up! Gets assists! DOES PK work! What the **** more do you want?!?!?

It's ******** Anaheim Duck, all this kid gets is criticism I don't understand.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Man!!!!! I ignored the haters since this kid was drafted. People always saying **** about this kid. He's SHOWN up EVERY game! He fing scores goals also! Sets people up! Gets assists! DOES PK work! What the **** more do you want?!?!?

It's ******** Anaheim Duck, all this kid gets is criticism I don't understand.

Come again? All he gets is criticism? It's not like everyone here has been complimenting him, and saying that they think he's got a bright future. What criticism is Etem getting? I think you're confusing criticism with realism. There are no Etem haters, here, Ducksgo. I'm not sure I've seen a single person hate on him, unless you're going to say that opinions that disagree with you that he's some star right now is hating.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ducks are NOT done. The wings came in this series with a super hot streak. We have youth movement carrying this ********. I understand Perry hasn't done his job this season, or post season to be exact. But to put all the blame on one player is stupid. You might want to throw Selanne and Ryan under the bus as well. Both have been **** also this season just not Perry.

Blah blah blah youth movement. How old is the average age of our defensemen again? There is no youth movement - we have a couple of young forwards helping us out just like every other playoff team.

You want to see a youth movement - go watch an Oilers game.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Blah blah blah youth movement. How old is the average age of our defensemen again? There is no youth movement - we have a couple of young forwards helping us out just like every other playoff team.

I think having the young forwards helping us is what Ducksgo probably means. I don't know why you bring up the average age of our D. They haven't been very good so seems like that argues against your point.

Ducksgo*

Okay ill bite and reply. We have a rookie 2nd in points this post season. Palms and Etem has single handedly been having an outbreak year and an amazing season for us being ROOKIES "not expected btw" Soj didn't even think Etem would be called up, cool fact btw gj Soj. I don't understand how you can say youth movement blah blah. If we didn't have them? You do understand this series would be over? You can calculate the goal difference and assists for youth movement I'm not going to do it for you. Include Boner, Etem, Palms, Beleskey.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Okay ill bite and reply. We have a rookie 2nd in points this post season. Palms and Etem has single handedly been having an outbreak year and an amazing season for us being ROOKIES "not expected btw" Soj didn't even think Etem would be called up, cool fact btw gj Soj. I don't understand how you can say youth movement blah blah. If we didn't have them? You do understand this series would be over? You can calculate the goal difference and assists for youth movement I'm not going to do it for you. Include Boner, Etem, Palms, Beleskey.

I agree that we would be out already without Bonino, Palmieri and Etem but I don't think you can include Beleskey in a "youth movement".

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Bonino is a 25 year old 3 year vet. We have two young forwards contributing - that's not a youth movement whatsoever.

Every time I bring up facts all you can come back with is omg youth movement lolz for realz hell yeahz!!!

You do realize without Beauchemin, Getzlaf and Koivu this series would be over right? Vet movement FTW!!!

I think having the young forwards helping us is what Ducksgo probably means. I don't know why you bring up the average age of our D. They haven't been very good so seems like that argues against your point.

Apart from Souray most of the D have been doing their jobs. Beauch has been victimized by Datsyuk a couple of times but Datsyuk makes the best defensemen look foolish frequently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad