Playoff Couturier

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Our fanbase has hardly been one to shy away from criticising our own.

We just don’t tend to do so with our stars who are deservedly labelled so.

so up until today couturier had only scored in 1 game. Now to make it freakier he has only scored on 1 day. Coots has not been a good playoff performer. It is ok to acknowledge. I am glad he dominated today, because we won't win without him.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
so up until today couturier had only scored in 1 game. Now to make it freakier he has only scored on 1 day. Coots has not been a good playoff performer. It is ok to acknowledge. I am glad he dominated today, because we won't win without him.

You don’t just criticise in the playoffs though. It’s all the time. It’s ridiculous. He’s proven you wrong, please be quiet.

Reactions: Tripod

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
You don’t just criticise in the playoffs though. It’s all the time. It’s ridiculous. He’s proven you wrong, please be quiet.

have i criticized him this year? Guess what i will criticize a significantly better player on the flyers. Giroux has sucked so far in these two games. Had ghost not saved him , he would have been responsible for two breakaways.

Should i be quiet about that?

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

he has only been a 1C for a total of 2 playoff games. he was mostly used as a shutdown defensive player until recently. it wasn't his job to carry the load offensively and score goals.

plus he was only 21 the last time he played a full playoff series. ffs, give the guy a break. this entire thread is just stupid.

Reactions: Patrick Division

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
he has only been a 1C for a total of 2 playoff games. he was mostly used as a shutdown defensive player until recently. it wasn't his job to carry the load offensively and score goals.

plus he was only 21 the last time he played a full playoff series. ffs, give the guy a break. this entire thread is just stupid.

he had played in 20 games, he registered points in 1 of those games. Don't hate me for that fact. I am not saying that it is good or bad. I am just stating it as a fact. I am glad i no longer have to state it.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
he had played in 20 games, he registered points in 1 of those games. Don't hate me for that fact. I am not saying that it is good or bad. I am just stating it as a fact. I am glad i no longer have to state it.

He was a 19 year old rookie playing on the 3rd line for 11 of those games. Why are you expecting any production from him then? He did just fine.

Since then he’s only played in one full playoff series. A 7 game series vs the Rangers a few years ago.

You decided to tear apart your team’s amazing #1C simply because back when he was 21 and used as a shutdown centre he didn’t score any goals in one series? Are you kidding? Are you even a fan or are you just trolling?

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
He'll be fine. He had only played 1 playoff game over 21 years old before this year, his previous stats are meaningless to predict his current play at 25.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Players get their first tastes of playoff action in different points of their careers and in different circumstances. Some players have their first runs when they’re already in their primes, some players are already stars when they enter the league, some play on great teams right off the bat and play in ideal situations in a winning environment, some need few kicks at the can before they figure it out etc.

Couturier’s biggest sample size in the playoffs so far was his rookie year when he did his job and did it well. I don’t think not scoring goals was seen as a big issue for a guy who had 27 pts in the regular season.

Since then - before this season he only played 8 games, while not being considered more than a 3C and the team not a serious cup contender.

You’ll find star players who have great numbers in the playoffs overall and when looking at their stats season by season see a year or two when their team lost in the 1st round and that player didn’t produce more than a point or two. I mean first thing that comes to mind is Panarin who just tripled his last years point totals in 1 game. Circumstances are different every time you play in the playoffs and sometimes things work out, sometimes they don’t.

You’re basically calling out Couturier for being a bad playoff performer based on an extremely small sample size that happened before he had established himself as a top line player.

That’s just unfair to be honest.

What he does in the next 5 years or so is going to be a much better indicator of his play in the playoffs than anything he’s done so far.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
All the flyers need to do is tell him its friday the 13th everyday and that he has a concussion and cant remember the days changing.

Gauranteed playoff success Couturier.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
Haha was lurking on this thread a couple days ago.....saw that cooter blew up last night and was hoping this jtown poster was being fed heaping helpings of crow......classic

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
It's best when you ignore people who post such drivel..... I love that option on HF - sometimes I wonder how I can read anything at all.... haha

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Disclaimer: He made this stupid thread in the team forum and it got closed because everyone there knows his history of bashing Couturier. Now he runs to the main boards for back up. To top it off, Coots got a goal and two assists last night. Someone close this thread.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Jtown, I think you're a solid poster and you'd have a great point if you bashed Couturier playoff performance by itself but it seems like you have a clear agenda against the man from what I've read over the years

Reactions: Tripod

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Jtown, I think you're a solid poster and you'd have a great point if you bashed Couturier playoff performance by itself but it seems like you have a clear agenda against the man from what I've read over the years

I think we need to clear up what is opinion vs what is fact. Opinion, flyers are the greatest franchise in nhl history. Fact, they have only won 2 cups and are not the greatest franchise in nhl history.

If i said the flyers have won 2 cups in their history is that me bashing the flyers?

"Sean Couturier scored 3 goals, 1 assist in his 2nd playoff game ever. Coots has failed to score in his next 18 playoff games.

Out of 20 playoff games , Sean has 1 game in which he has had points.

When does his streak end? Has there ever been such a streak for a player who gets his ice time?"

Now reread my post and ask yourself again, where do I bash him. imerely pointed out a very unusual aspect of his playoff performance. A playoff performance that continues to get even more weird by the second.

should he too be criticized for pointing out a fact?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Disclaimer: He made this stupid thread in the team forum and it got closed because everyone there knows his history of bashing Couturier. Now he runs to the main boards for back up. To top it off, Coots got a goal and two assists last night. Someone close this thread.

Clearly hfflyers has an issue with facts which in of itself is its own issue.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Clearly hfflyers has an issue with facts which in of itself is its own issue.
No one has problem with facts. People have problem with your agenda. When Coots is playing well you can't be found anywhere, when he has tough stretch you are starting these nonsense threads.

FlyerEra2010

May 20, 2010
Lakeville, MN
I think we need to clear up what is opinion vs what is fact. Opinion, flyers are the greatest franchise in nhl history. Fact, they have only won 2 cups and are not the greatest franchise in nhl history.
Okay, I think I'm starting to get it. Now where do alternative facts come in?

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

It is unbelievable. I thought he finally gave up on that shit after the ridiculous "He should hit weights in the gym, that would help him more than going to play with top Canada players in the IIHF WHC" and that one time when he decided to point out 1 (ONE) of 41 40-game streaks to bash Sean. And he even brought this shitty thread to the main board after it got immediately locked on our board. f***ing pathetic.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It is unbelievable. I thought he finally gave up on that **** after the ridiculous "He should hit weights in the gym, that would help him more than going to play with top Canada players in the IIHF WHC" and that one time when he decided to point out 1 (ONE) of 41 40-game streaks to bash Sean. And he even brought this ****ty thread to the main board after it got immediately locked on our board. ****ing pathetic.

kudy i respect you, i understand your feelings are hurt and i just want to apologize. I did not realize the emotional toll of posting a statistic would have on you. Can you ever forgive me?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad