Playoff Couturier

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
not at all. coots is clearly better than those guys.

I just found it to be a very alarming stat that is all.

If you used that "context" thing I've mentioned you wouldn't find it remotely alarming. You'd have an understanding.

However, it's all been explained to you numerous times and you choose to reject it. Wonder why.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
If you used that "context" thing I've mentioned you wouldn't find it remotely alarming. You'd have an understanding.

However, it's all been explained to you numerous times and you choose to reject it. Wonder why.

ok cool. So the fact that coots has scored in 1 game in his entire 300 minutes on ice is justifiable. Glad to see that you are so unbiased. meanwhile 30 other teams and fans would be ridiculing the player and not the person who brought this stat to light.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
ok cool. So the fact that coots has scored in 1 game in his entire 300 minutes on ice is justifiable. Glad to see that you are so unbiased. meanwhile 30 other teams and fans would be ridiculing the player and not the person who brought this stat to light.

Still rejecting context that would let you understand the stat? Cool.

No agenda though lol.

Get real. Our fanbase turns on players in a heartbeat. Look at Giroux last year. Simmonds this year. Hell, Voracek gets slammed repeatedly. People don't turn on Couturier because they understand why his numbers are his numbers. They understand his value. You choose not to.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Still rejecting context that would let you understand the stat? Cool.

No agenda though lol.

Get real. Our fanbase turns on players in a heartbeat. Look at Giroux last year. Simmonds this year. Hell, Voracek gets slammed repeatedly. People don't turn on Couturier because they understand why his numbers are his numbers. They understand his value. You choose not to.

in the 11-12 cup run. Martin Brodeur recorded 4 assists. That is equal to the amount of career playoff points Coots has.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If you could just for one second acknowledge that this is the first playoff series where he has even had a chance to score,.

Because that is blatantly not true. Other 3rd liners have scored. Other 4th liners have scored. If he's never been used before now with a chance to score, then how did he score in the 1 game he did score in? I mean, that proves that he CAN score in that role..... he just can't do it well.

But again, in the history of the playoffs, plenty of players have been better than o pts in 18 games playing on the 3rd line. This dude might have an agenda, but denying the basic fact: Courturier hasn't been a good playoff performer.... just makes you look like you have your head in the sand.

Reactions: Amen evil king

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Because that is blatantly not true. Other 3rd liners have scored. Other 4th liners have scored. If he's never been used before now with a chance to score, then how did he score in the 1 game he did score in? I mean, that proves that he CAN score in that role..... he just can't do it well.

But again, in the history of the playoffs, plenty of players have been better than o pts in 18 games playing on the 3rd line. This dude might have an agenda, but denying the basic fact: Courturier hasn't been a good playoff performer.... just makes you look like you have your head in the sand.

In those series he had the hardest usage in the league in those years. No other 3rd or 4th liners were playing minutes like his, especially when you account for quality of competition and quality of linemates. Strict defensive zone starts. No PP time.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
There is nothing wrong for calling him out for last night. But you can’t really call out his numbers before this year in the playoffs. He more than doubled his previous career numbers.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
In those series he had the hardest usage in the league in those years. No other 3rd or 4th liners were playing minutes like his, especially when you account for quality of competition and quality of linemates. Strict defensive zone starts. No PP time.
Can you show me a link that shows that he had the hardest minutes, worst quality of linemates and hardest competition. I'm not questioning your source, but I'd like to look at it.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
All of Coot's playoff points have come on April 13th in Pittsburgh.

Both times were Friday the 13th.

Reactions: Haanz

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Jtown, everyone on our board is sick of this crap so don’t bring this here. Just stand at home screaming at the wall like you used to.

just because the flyer fanbase does not want to acknowledge unflattering stats about our team/ players don't mean that they should go unannounced.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
just because the flyer fanbase does not want to acknowledge unflattering stats about our team/ players don't mean that they should go unannounced.

Our fanbase has hardly been one to shy away from criticising our own.

We just don’t tend to do so with our stars who are deservedly labelled so.

Reactions: Amorgus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad