Proposal: Playoff Avatars?

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
We too hip to do these still? Too despondent? Or just spondent enough? :: peers into the abyss ::

Anyway, if we do decide to do them, my two thoughts would be "We like our group"...

IMG_3829 2.JPG

or something connected to the "Oh, no, we suck again" meme.

1680883153199.png

Feel free to reflect, rant, rabble etc.

ETA: I WILL HAPPILY PASS ON THE AVATAR MANTLE TO SOMEONE ELSE this year if we go forward lol.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I'd rather not feed into the general board negativity with any theme we do.
Its going to happen anyways. A certain few will fuel the fire when we are eliminated despite our injury problems and drop in goalie performance.

Might as well live it up and join the negativity even sarcastically.

I personally will use a 10 million in space with three flashes of ghost, JP and we like our group.

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Its going to happen anyways. A certain few will fuel the fire when we are eliminated despite our injury problems and drop in goalie performance.

Might as well live it up and join the negativity even sarcastically.

I personally will use a 10 million in space with three flashes of ghost, JP and we like our group.
Fair enough if everyone is on board with that. I'd just sit it out.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Question for our members who take seriously superstitions around things like who starts the GD thread, or mentioning a possible shut out in the closing minutes of a game: ever consider that putting forth significant negative vibes towards the team might have a negative impact on said team?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I favor BANNER OF VENGEANCE RAMPANT ON A FIELD GULES.
Please don't feed my pedantry...

Gules, a banner of VENGEANCE rampant sable.

... this actually would pretty much be the storm warning flag.

Question for our members who take seriously superstitions around things like who starts the GD thread, or mentioning a possible shut out in the closing minutes of a game: ever consider that putting forth significant negative vibes towards the team might have a negative impact on said team?
No.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Please don't feed my pedantry...

Gules, a banner of VENGEANCE rampant sable.

... this actually would pretty much be the storm warning flag.

I am delighted for someone more skilled in heraldry to take up this effort

So we choose to go to the playoffs and do the other things, not because they are easy but because they are hard
"We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy."

--the programmer's creed

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
After seeing one of Svechnikov earlier this year on this board, I thought AI generated images of the players was good given how topical AI has been in recent months.

Plus the ones of Svech on this board actually weren't bad.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Just make the avatar a blender theme: "Who's on the first line?", the pictures of three random forwards, then a funny Rod face gif.

Done.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
FYI: I’m a fan of self-deprecating humor, which is why I suggested the first two ideas. I honestly don’t feel negatively about the team but it does marry well with those who do lol.

As always, I’m up for whatever.

I favor BANNER OF VENGEANCE RAMPANT ON A FIELD GULES.
So sorry, this went completely over my head.
Can someone explain this?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
So sorry, this went completely over my head.
Can someone explain this?
Oh, that's easy to explain, @Navin R Slavin is a nerd, first and foremost.

He's talking about heraldry, as in a coat of arms. To translate into normal speak, he "favors (wants) BANNER (a flag) OF VENGEANCE RAMPANT (rampant means rearing up, but I'm unsure exactly which animal he would prefer to be his avatar of vengeance) ON A FIELD GULES (with a red background)."

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I'm gonna bump this topic from the 2nd page of HF26. Gotta figure out what we're gonna do soon.

Also, I'm gonna shamelessly quote my suggestion from this topic:

After seeing one of Svechnikov earlier this year on this board, I thought AI generated images of the players was good given how topical AI has been in recent months.

Plus the ones of Svech on this board actually weren't bad.
Even if we don't go with that idea, I'll be fine. Let's just figure something out.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Can an artsy person make a picture of the black knight bleeding everywhere that says I'm not dead yet.

Photoshop Svechs head on it pls 🙏

The I'm not dead yet theme could also have Raanta and Wizniewski.

Reactions: AD Skinner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad