BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 7 - 8:14 PM - THE BRUINS SEASON WILL NOT END TONIGHT - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM, 1050 CHUM-AM

Winner of Game 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
GDT designed by @Alicat from HF Bruins

full

full

full

full

1714799256460.png

ECQF Game 7
Boston Bruins (3-3) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (3-3)
8:00 pm ET

National TV:
ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS
Boston TV/Radio: 98.5 FM The Sports Hub
Toronto TV/Radio: TSN1050 Radio

GAME 7 OFFICIALS

1714799146846.png
1714799173489.png

Referees Eric Furlatt (27), Kelly Sutherland (11)
Jon McIsaac (2)*
Linespersons Jonny Murray (95), Matt MacPherson (83)

TONIGHT’S GAME- The Bruins host the Maple Leafs tonight in game 7 of their best-of-7 Round One series ... The Bruins and Maple Leafs are even at 3-3 in the series.- Boston is in the post-season for the 8th straight season and 77th all-time in their history ... Their 77 post-season berths are second all-time in NHL history to MTL’s 85.- This is the 9th Round One series for Boston since the NHL adopted the format in 2013-14 and they are 5-3 in those series ...Overall, they are playing their 38th first round series (preliminary series, division semifinals, conference quarterfinals and round one series) with a 19-18 record entering this post-season ... They are 16-13 in those series which have been best-of-7formats.- The Bruins enter tonight’s game with a 15-15 record in a best-of-7 seven game series.

GAME 7s- The Bruins are playing the 31st game 7 in their playoff history and enter tonight’s game with a 15-15 all-time game 7 record ...The 31 games and 15 wins are both NHL records (wins tied with Montreal) ... This is their third straight series to be decided in seven games (2022 Round One vs Carolina; 2023 Round One vs Florida; 2024 Round One vs. Toronto).- They have a 4-4 record in game 7 overtimes.- 17 Bruins have played previous game 7s - Brad Marchand (6-5), Pat Maroon (4-3), Hampus Lindholm (1-5), Charlie Coyle,Jake DeBrusk, Charlie McAvoy and David Pastrnak (2-3 each), Matt Grzelcyk, Danton Heinen and James van Riemsdyk (2-2each), Brandon Carlo (1-3), Kevin Shattenkirk (2-1), Morgan Geekie (1-1), Derek Forbort and Trent Frederic (0-2 each) andPavel Zacha (0-1).- Jeremy Swayman has an 0-2 record in 2 game 7s.- Jim Montgomery has an 0-2 game 7 coaching record.

BOSTON vs TORONTO, LIFETIME SERIES- The Bruins and Maple Leafs have played 16 lifetime playoff series with each team holding an 8-8 series mark ... They haveplayed 89 games with Boston holding a 45-43-1 edge in games and a 242-216 goals for/against advantage.- The Bruins have won their last six series vs. Toronto, including their last three battling to seven games each ... Their previous series was played in the 2019 Round One with Boston winning in seven games.- Ten current Bruins have previously faced the Maple Leafs in a playoff series - Brandon Carlo (2019 Round One), CharlieCoyle (2019 Round One), Jake DeBrusk (2018 Round One, 2019 Round One), Matt Grzelcyk (2018 Round One, 2019 Round One), Danton Heinen (2018 Round One, 2019 Round One), Brad Marchand (2013 Round One, 2018 Round One, 2019 Round One), PatMaroon (2022 and 2023 Round One with Tampa Bay), Charlie McAvoy (2018 Round One, 2019 Round One), David Pastrnak(2018 Round One, 2019 Round One), Kevin Shattenkirk (2017 with Washington).- James van Riemsdyk played 20 NHL playoff games as a member of the Maple Leafs in 2013, 2017, and 2018.- The Bruins have played one Stanley Cup Final series vs. Toronto with Boston taking the Cup in 1939.- The Bruins have played five seven-game series vs. Toronto, winning the 1941 Semi-final series, 4-3; dropping a 1959 Semi-final series, 3-4; winning the 2013 Quarter-final series, 4-3; 2018 Round One series, 4-3; and taking the 2019 Round Series series,4-3 ... The 2013 game seven was decided in OT (Patrice Bergeron, 6:05)

The last time Toronto won a Game 7 in Boston was April 7, 1959 23,769 days ago.

full

TD Garden, Boston, MA

full

full

Maple Leafs top Bruins in Game 6, push Eastern 1st Round series to limit

full

full

full

full

Jeremy Swayman
5 GP | 3-2 | .947 Sv% | 1.60 GAA

full

full

Joseph Woll
3 GP | 2-0 | .964 Sv% | 0.86 GAA

full

full

Cookie Time!

L7yV.gif

*all stat and line graphics are by Alicat. Please ask permission to use them and give proper credit when doing so.*

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Well, well, well. Another Game 7. At home. I wish I could go rah rah rah, we got this! But, history (0-6) isn't on our side. However, history is meant to be broken, right? I dont know which Bruins team will show up. But I hope its the one with heart that we've seen. The one who grinds. Who has grit. The one who forechecks. The one who feeds off the crowd and their teammates. The one who gets to the net. Takes no shit, willing to give everything to win. I want to see  that team. Because we've have seen that one. Sure, it's been in spurts. But it's in there. I hope they bring it out. Give it your all. That our stars show up. We can't win without them. Show us that you care and give a damn. Not intimidated by the moment. Give us something we've haven't seen. Win game 7 at home. Send them packing. Do it for yourselves. Do it for the spoked B on the front of your jersey. Do it for your teammates. And do it for us.

I don't know what's going to happen. But I sure hope the boys show up. History is meant to be broken. So break it. Smash the whole f***ing thing down. And be ready from puck drop. Often and early. No excuses. Get the job done. You need it. And we need it. Believe.

Hopefully this isnt the last time I get to post this.
giphy.gif

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Either we win and eliminate that sorry ass franchise while breaking Steve Dangle or we lose and I’m excited about the offseason which would undoubtedly be crazy following another collapse

Also I’m on an epic cold streak and I just beat the leafs, you’re welcome I did it for each and every one of you

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Either we win and eliminate that sorry ass franchise while breaking Steve Dangle or we lose and I’m excited about the offseason which would undoubtedly be crazy following another collapse

Also I’m on an epic cold streak and I just beat the leafs, you’re welcome
Right. If we have to lose I'd rather it be tomorrow which would bring about significant structural change then to win and then go out in a boring listless five to Florida while running it back next year with the same roster. Winning would be great just for it running Dangle's life.

I'm not sure if I'm pessimistic or optimistic.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
If the B's lose tonight it could be curtains for Monty

My heart says Bruins win.....my head says bad ice and bad coaching will screw the B's

I have to go with my heart

Go Bruins!!!

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I posted this in the pregame thread but if you missed it please listen to it.

Pierre McGuire observed that the Leafs after Game 4 embraced the NJ Devils trap from the 90s and it is working.

He also observed that the ice in Boston for Game 5 was crappy but the Leafs adapted to it and the Bruins did not - something I ranted about after Game 5 because the Leafs knew hours before the B's how bad the ice would be.

Bruins need to move the morning skate to TD Garden instead of Warrior especially during the playoffs.

Remember when Mike Milbury did this?

If they lose tonight Monty is gone........and Cam will have to explain to the Jacobs Family why Don should be kept and of course himself.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I don't want the season to end tonight. Both teams have demons to slay, both fan bases are on edge because so much change is coming with a loss. Some will be happy if the Bruins lose but I am hoping for a dominating win, I don't want the tradition of making the Leafs cry to end either, I know it will at some point but, please Hockey Gods, not tonight.

I'm not answering the poll, I'm not predicting anything. I want them to make us proud tonight.

GO BRUINS!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
the Bruins won’t hoist the Cup if they win tonight but they will have their reputation

They are to me the better team especially with Matthews illness

The Leafs bounced back from adversity after two horrific loses with character questioned

Can the Bruins

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Feeling good this morning.
Let’s f***ing do this!

the Bruins won’t hoist the Cup if they win tonight but they will have their reputation

They are to me the better team especially with Matthews illness

The Leafs bounced back from adversity after two horrific loses with character questioned

Can the Bruins
GAME 7 OFFICIALS

1714799146846.png

1714799173489.png

Referees Eric Furlatt (27), Kelly Sutherland (11) Jon McIsaac (2)*

Linespersons Jonny Murray (95), Matt MacPherson (83)

from @BruinsFanMike82 in the other thread:
Kelly Sutherland was one of the refs in Boston's Game 4 win.

Bruins with Sutherland as a ref this season
  • 3-1-2
  • 2.25 Goals For per game
  • 2.00 Goals Allowed per game

Maple Leafs with Sutherland
  • 3-4-0
  • 3.00 Goals For per game
  • 3.00 Goals Allowed per game

The Bruins beat the Maple Leafs with Furlatt on March 4.

Bruins with Furlatt
  • 3-2-1
  • 3.83 Goals For per game
  • 3.17 Goals Allowed per game

Maple Leafs with Furlatt
  • 1-3-0
  • 2.50 Goals For per game
  • 4.25 Goals Allowed per game

Combined totals with either ref

Bruins
  • 6-3-3
  • 3.20 Goals For per game
  • 2.70 Goals Allowed per game

Maple Leafs
  • 4-7-0
  • 2.82 Goals For per game
  • 3.45 Goals Allowed per game

* All of the above stated knowing that if the Bruins come out with the same compete-level as their last 2 games, the refs aren't going to matter.

** I'm just glad not to see Chris Lee and/or Steve Kozari. That pair reffed both Game 7 losses to the Panthers and Hurricanes.

Last edited:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I believe the Bruins will win.

The adjustment to having morning skate at the Garden tells me they’ve already made one adjustment that was needed.

I am not going to believe my rant about it played a role in the change but it was done so....

Warrior is an excellent practice facility but it is a pain to drive to. On a gameday if TD Garden has the ice down and the visiting team skates there then the B's should do the same.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Please don’t lose solely because I don’t want to see the graphic that bruins are the first team in NHL/MLB/NBA history to lose back-to-back 3-1 season leads. We will see that in every sport for years to come if it happens.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul

My heart says Bruins win.....my head says bad ice and bad coaching will screw the B's

Go Bruins!!!

Go Bruins!!!
You forgot bad Zebra's

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
So if we buy into the NHL conspiracy theory, there are already two Canadian teams through to the next round, do they really want a third Canadian team in? I doubt it, so I am sure we will win because they would rather have a Boston/Florida matchup - I mean, there is more rivalry there from last year. Am I doing it right? Shoo-in, Bruins get put through by Bettman and the refs. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad