Playoff avatars?

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
From 1990 to 1994, the NFL's Buffalo Bills were arguably the League's most dominant team and won four consecutive AFC Championships, thus playing in four consecutive Super Bowls. And lost all four in hilariously different fashion each time.

We're not as good as those Bills teams seeing as we haven't made the finals yet, but ducks have bills so it could work.

Or we could photoshop our best players into Sabres jerseys and Buffalo's plugs into Duck jerseys.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I'm on board with Duck powers, but how would we even do that in avatar form?
Something I was thinking of was show a picture of the player. Then circle part of it. Then text saying what the power is.

So for example Despres ice launching. Show a picture of the hit. Circle Barrie's feet. Then a big text box with the power "Ice launching".

That was just an idea though. There's probably better artists who could come up with something better.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Buffalo Bills trading cards, every player has a superpower listed on their card, along with Drake listed as their favorite artist. We can do it all !

And when I say we, I mean hopefully someone with the skill to do any of that which is not me whatsoever.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
I'm not sure how to expand on this idea, but how about a zoom in on Getzy's shiny, bald head with the caption "Look/peer into your future" (or past) and then something follows.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
During the course of the season, HFDucks poster evomacky has photoshopped a couple of masterpieces for us.

FreddieGF_zpszuhnvbhs.jpg

grtg-timeline-wall-post_zpsnbn3dcld.jpg

Especially the first one made me think of a Godfather-style mafia theme for our playoff avatars. Snarktacular suggested that we do some kind of super powers for the players -- how about giving them "italian" names and some mafia jobs instead? The GDT potential would also be almost limitless.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Buffalo Bills trading cards, every player has a superpower listed on their card, along with Drake listed as their favorite artist. We can do it all !

And when I say we, I mean hopefully someone with the skill to do any of that which is not me whatsoever.

I can do this with ease. Might take some time and I will use the program Microsoft Paint because it is OG, but avatars are 125x125, text might be hard to read.

Suggestions if we go this route?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Here, I just made this right now as a test to see how it would turn out.

What y'all think?

Dunno how it would look as an avatar, but I think it turned out okay.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
During the course of the season, HFDucks poster evomacky has photoshopped a couple of masterpieces for us.

FreddieGF_zpszuhnvbhs.jpg

grtg-timeline-wall-post_zpsnbn3dcld.jpg

Especially the first one made me think of a Godfather-style mafia theme for our playoff avatars. Snarktacular suggested that we do some kind of super powers for the players -- how about giving them "italian" names and some mafia jobs instead? The GDT potential would also be almost limitless.

lol just let me know guys and I am more than willing to help put some together for everyone (time-permitting) :laugh:

Also, here are some that may (or may not) have seen the light of day:

SUCKIT_zpsphm2kagx.jpg

LINDHOLM_SAIYAN2_zpshmgy2pkv.jpg

THEO_zpsiyoafyus.jpg

dealwithit2_zpsru13tan0.jpg

softie_zps2lndrr2j.jpg

10425434_10152963932638743_7096207354350541853_n_zpsp3ucgp0p.jpg

:laugh:

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Since all of Canada is out of the playoffs, our theme has to be Make America Great Again. That would be funny stuff. Trump quotes and all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad