Playoff avatars?

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Ok, so we clinched our spot. What are we doing for playoff avatars this year? I had a lot of fun last year, my first playoffs as a part of these boards with the Duck Trek theme.

Jim Mora - playoffs?! I just hope we can win a game

Photoshop players onto his face, add some text in regards to beginning of the year

For Coach B, playoffs? I just wanna keep my job!

Idk.. Just a thought

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I forget who mentioned it (BigDaddyCool maybe?)

But I thought the idea of, since this is gonna be our fourth straight choke (#ReverseJinx), all of us using avatars of Bills players from the teams from 1990-1994 was pretty funny :laugh:

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
I was going to suggest a theme of "NOT playing every game like it is game 7!"
or
Bob Murray's failed magic tricks : "Hey Bruce, watch me pull a Beauch replacement out of my hat...(Bieksa)..wrong hat" "For my next trick I will make our team faster by trading Etem for (Hags)...I mean skill (Perron)"

That said I am good for any theme.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
3 suggestions I posted in another thread

Since this has kind of become the avatar/GDT theme thread...

What about advanced tats?

And show pictures of tattoos put on players?h

edit: one step further: the tats are all equations.

Option 2: playoff chockers.

Famous choking scenes. I can't think of many. Only the one from Alien.
I had a somewhat related side idea. Word play off of chokers. So yes, one would be playoff Joker. Another would be playoff chockers (show the guy who puts the things under the airplane wheels). Also playoff tchotchkes. I got stuck there though.

But I also have a more comprehensive idea. Duck powers. Which would be super powers. Examples:

Horcoff: PEDs (incredible Horc)
Despres: levitation or ice launching
Kesler: face offs (Nick Cage)
Vatanen: coffeekinesis
Rakell: jersey splitting (the Swedish guys that came in double jerseys)
Andersen: soft serve
Fowler: the power of "McIlrath - 1"

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Bieksa: illusions (only works on Boudreau and Murray)
Silfverberg: illusions (only works on a specific Jets fan)
Lindholm: the ice warps beneath his feet into trip hazards
Cogliano: super healing

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Unfinished business.

Made me burst out laughing, seriously.

The 4th choke theme seems good.

Before i had a thought about an Oscars theme as Leo got his Oscar finally this year. But that would be quite opposite :laugh:
So yeah i`m on board with the Bills although idk the story, i guess they were supposed to win but didn`t :laugh:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Made me burst out laughing, seriously.

The 4th choke theme seems good.

Before i had a thought about an Oscars theme as Leo got his Oscar finally this year. But that would be quite opposite :laugh:
So yeah i`m on board with the Bills although idk the story, i guess they were supposed to win but didn`t :laugh:

From 1990 to 1994, the NFL's Buffalo Bills were arguably the League's most dominant team and won four consecutive AFC Championships, thus playing in four consecutive Super Bowls. And lost all four in hilariously different fashion each time.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
From 1990 to 1994, the NFL's Buffalo Bills were arguably the League's most dominant team and won four consecutive AFC Championships, thus playing in four consecutive Super Bowls. And lost all four in hilariously different fashion each time.

We haven`t gotten to finals yet though :laugh: But messege understandable, thanks for explaining

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I also thought about everyone using Heimlich maneuver animation with photoshopped players with 'Nurse Player X'

Manual choking cartoons are funny to me for some reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad