Playoff Avatar Theme Discussion

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
I have a multipanel idea involving panel 1 being a player and description of some stat or accomplishment of said player, followed by one of a few variants on movie stills and the "who are those guys" quote, followed by a CBJ/Cup Playoffs logo. Think as follows:
  • Photo of Bob; text: "40+ wins and 4 shutouts?"
  • Movie stills and quote - one variant: "I couldn't do that. Could you do that? How can they do it? Who are those guys?"
  • CBJ/Cup Playoffs logo
Just don't know if it'll work size-wise as that's a lot of panels, and I need to get time together to work on it (was about to start this afternoon, but an extended conversation with my poor overworked sister happened instead - priorities, y'know ;) ).

I actually like this very much.
"I couldn't do that. Could you do that? How can they do it?"
"Who are those guys?"

Embrace the disrespect. Proving them wrong is the sweetest revenge!

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
53239-jerry-seinfeld-Im-out-gif-0qdn.gif

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Could someone here check on the filesize limit for non-sponsor avatars for me? I can't find it anywhere, and I'm to the point where small amounts matter. Thanks! :)
(I already have the filesize limit for sponsors - 49kb)

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. This is going to be... interesting.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Okay! Got two examples - the one I described, and one I went ahead and did for DSL to show that "interesting" requests can also be done.

Sponsor size:
Bob-WinsAndShutouts-SponsorSize.gif
PancakeBunny-SponsorSize.gif

Regular size:
Bob-WinsAndShutouts-RegularSize.gif
PancakeBunny-RegularSize.gif

Feel free to make requests. Eventually I'll have sane templates up. (Right now I'm using three different programs to make this work, so it's not a sane process. Yet. :) )

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Okay! Got two examples - the one I described, and one I went ahead and did for DSL to show that "interesting" requests can also be done.

Sponsor size:

Regular size:

Feel free to make requests. Eventually I'll have sane templates up. (Right now I'm using three different programs to make this work, so it's not a sane process. Yet. :) )

Looks damn good to me!

I'd love something with the cannon blast, "did you hear that?" who are those guys, etc.. :naughty:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
They keep playing the way they have and its going to be a "who were those guys?"

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Looks pretty damn good to me. I would love something with Wennberg please. Maybe Wenns' statline as the quote? Its hard to do right now since the season isn't done. But maybe :laugh:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Can someone who is tech savy make me one that says "Great moments are born from great opportunity" from Miracle and then the next panel be Gagner and then the next one be the Stanley cup playoffs logo?

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
If I could get a "who are these guys?" themed one with a photo or two documenting Calvert's face-bandaged game-winner as the interstitial, that'd absolutely rule.

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio

Sponsor size:

Regular size:

May I please place dibs on Cam "Little Brother" Atkinson with his final stats?.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I'd love one with JMFJ plus/minus career vs this season stat if possible.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
FYI, I'm a tad slowed down because I managed to cut my thumb last night on a misbehaving pizza cutter, but still working on this stuff.

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
Not a part of this main theme but could someone with GIF experience make me one that has

e64e9a17f700c76b79cd613a4c37dc50.jpg

this picture followed by "Experience CBJ Playoff Hockey" and then the playoff logo? That'd be amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad