Playoff Avatar Theme Discussion

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
MOD (DSL) EDIT:
For those interested in doing this, we probably need to start talking about it, to give us time to settle on something and to give folks a chance to get them made. I went back and pulled out the handful of posts on the subject from the II thread and put them here.

I'm gonna say that, of stuff that's out there so far, I like the "unsustainable" idea and would prefer not to have a theme that revolves around one opposing team in particular. But let's discuss and get some consensus going.

Feel free to develop visual concepts and post them in here for discussion as well. I think Viqsi did some of these in 2009 when we did this last, so please feel free to post questions about file type and size in here too (although I know bubkis about it).

When can we pick our playoff theme? I want the penguins from Madagascar just smile and wave boys.

Last edited by a moderator:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
When can we pick our playoff theme? I want the penguins from Madagascar just smile and wave boys.

I hope we have some sort of theme, but in 2014 we didn't.

Actually, the last 'theme' I remember around here was the Call to Arms year, when we got Carter and Wis. So all the way back to 2011.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

We'd seriously entertain having Penguins for playoff avatars?

I don't remember they why and/or why not. Totally open to the idea. Mostly so I can ruin it. (Not really. That's just mod humor.)

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
An unsustainable theme?

397184-a14cd92c-5eae-11e4-9c68-d403f5dcc36d.jpg

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I think pretty much anything would be awesome... but question is who's doing them? Has Visqi offered?

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
First - I sincerely apologize for my lame "who let the dogs out"

Since the CBJ lack a superstar skater and are finishing a regular season as a complete surprise to everybody in the league, I submit the following phrase as consideration for the CBJ Playoff Theme. Again, the whole league, media outside Columbus, national sportswriters, the entire nation of Canada, opponents of every round, and especially that punk Lambert could well be asking (and better yet - are forced to answer);

"Who Are Those Guys"

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

Since the CBJ lack a superstar skater and are finishing a regular season as a complete surprise to everybody in the league, I submit the following phrase as consideration for the CBJ Playoff Theme. Again, the whole league, media outside Columbus, national sportswriters, the entire nation of Canada, opponents of every round, and especially that punk Lambert could well be asking (and better yet - are forced to answer);

"Who Are Those Guys"

I like it!

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
+1 for anything around unsustainable, but that's probably a hard one to come up with images. I'd probably go for an image of Boomer for myself :)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

"Who Are Those Guys"

This one's my favorite, and if folks are looking at me to get things rolling, it's what I'd start with.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I have no idea how this works? You just go find an image that fits? Or does someone (Viqsi?) make them?

As for a theme I vote for the "who are these guys".

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
This one's my favorite, and if folks are looking at me to get things rolling, it's what I'd start with.

I'll give you a test of something to work with, if you can do a multiple/changing panel idea. Can you give me a still of Redford and Newman with "Who are those guys?" in white text in the first panel? (This would be a universal start.) A second panel concept would be a CBJ player or some representation of the team or city or whatever. I'd need a stylized pancake bunny, of course, at your discretion.

I expect this will be just the start of a modification process, as I don't really have a knack for creative visuals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad