Playoff Avatar Theme Discussion

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I'll give you a test of something to work with, if you can do a multiple/changing panel idea. Can you give me a still of Redford and Newman with "Who are those guys?" in white text in the first panel? (This would be a universal start.) A second panel concept would be a CBJ player or some representation of the team or city or whatever. I'd need a stylized pancake bunny, of course, at your discretion.

I expect this will be just the start of a modification process, as I don't really have a knack for creative visuals.

Feel free to find this hilarious... but I just now realized the bunny in your picture had pancakes on its head. LOL, good times.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Feel free to find this hilarious... but I just now realized the bunny in your picture had pancakes on its head. LOL, good times.

gc.gif

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'll give you a test of something to work with, if you can do a multiple/changing panel idea. Can you give me a still of Redford and Newman with "Who are those guys?" in white text in the first panel? (This would be a universal start.) A second panel concept would be a CBJ player or some representation of the team or city or whatever. I'd need a stylized pancake bunny, of course, at your discretion.

I expect this will be just the start of a modification process, as I don't really have a knack for creative visuals.
I have a multipanel idea involving panel 1 being a player and description of some stat or accomplishment of said player, followed by one of a few variants on movie stills and the "who are those guys" quote, followed by a CBJ/Cup Playoffs logo. Think as follows:
  • Photo of Bob; text: "40+ wins and 4 shutouts?"
  • Movie stills and quote - one variant: "I couldn't do that. Could you do that? How can they do it? Who are those guys?"
  • CBJ/Cup Playoffs logo
Just don't know if it'll work size-wise as that's a lot of panels, and I need to get time together to work on it (was about to start this afternoon, but an extended conversation with my poor overworked sister happened instead - priorities, y'know ;) ).

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I like the movie spoof idea.

What's Eating Ryan Lambert?
The Unsustainables
Miracle on Nationwide Blvd.
All About Bob
Tortsie

I'm grasping at straws, I just hope everyone has some fun. I just have a feeling this run might be different than the last time. Better roster, more skill, better defense.

Torts in that last Behind the Battle said when they clinched that is was the start of the road. ROAD TRIP!

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I have a multipanel idea involving panel 1 being a player and description of some stat or accomplishment of said player, followed by one of a few variants on movie stills and the "who are those guys" quote, followed by a CBJ/Cup Playoffs logo. Think as follows:
  • Movie stills and quote - one variant: "I couldn't do that. Could you do that? How can they do it? Who are those guys?"
  • CBJ/Cup Playoffs logo
Just don't know if it'll work size-wise as that's a lot of panels, and I need to get time together to work on it (was about to start this afternoon, but an extended conversation with my poor overworked sister happened instead - priorities, y'know ;) ).

I'm sure your concepts are an improvement on mine, but let's ask if the "Who are these guys?" element should be the first panel...

I'm grasping at straws, I just hope everyone has some fun. I just have a feeling this run might be different than the last time. Better roster, more skill, better defense.

Yeah let's get soke more use out of these!

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
  • CBJ/Cup Playoffs logo

I'd want a Werenski one like that.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
+1 for anything around unsustainable, but that's probably a hard one to come up with images. I'd probably go for an image of Boomer for myself :)

I second the #unsustainable and call dibs on the Adkins diet for my avatar.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
All season long the national narrative was "good start, but they can't keep it up all season" then they won some games and it was "it's a high PDO and an easy schedule" then they won 16 games in a row and it was a "complete fluke" then they played at a playoff pace since the streak and that's used as evidence against them. It has been about how this team shouldn't be this good, they're not as good as their record, they have a high differential because of one game, it's all luck, it's all Bob, they don't have any superstars, they don't have any good forwards, Seth Jones isn't a first pairing guy, Tortorella isn't this good of a coach, and how they're actually a bad team because of "one isolated analytic while ignoring all the good ones in their favor".

I'm thinking photos of players with "#ActuallyGood" below them

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I say we all have portraits of players - but, get this - they have the wrong name!
As in having a picture of Bob with Hartnell as the name or like wrong names that's are similar like Jack Werenski? I'd be on board for the joke 100%.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Then I would need a hare with a waffle...:laugh:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Working on this stuff now. Might actually have something to show folks before the Canes game tomorrow.

Oh, and I'm not touching any of the unsustainable/Lambert stuff, because the last thing in the world we need to do is glorify him. He's Mark May - getting annoyed with him only gives him more power. (But if folks want to do that stuff themselves, I intend to make templates available)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Working on this stuff now. Might actually have something to show folks before the Canes game tomorrow.

Oh, and I'm not touching any of the unsustainable/Lambert stuff, because the last thing in the world we need to do is glorify him. He's Mark May - getting annoyed with him only gives him more power. (But if folks want to do that stuff themselves, I intend to make templates available)

Thank you for doing this. :)

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Thank you! Pretty pumped for this :yo:

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Don't Butch and Sundance die at the end?

Of course, Butch and Sundance are the ones asking "who are those guys," so...

WWT, I made the exact same connection in a different thread...not thinking through that the "those guys" are the large group of soldiers, etc... that kill Butch and Sundance.

And that "those guys" are the CBJ.

I guess we all want to be Newman and Redford - lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad