Playerunknown's battleground

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I don't think they are going to do that unless they notice sales dipping. In fact, they are still trending upwards.

I think something like in the first 2 months they sold 2 million copies and in in the last month they plopped over 4 million copies sold.

Yeah, and quite frankly it's well worth the full price even in its current early access state. It's hysterical how much they've updated/improved the game in the past few months compared to what H1Z1 has done in a couple of years, and they don't plan on slowing down anytime soon. Though I will say the game is much more enjoyable when you're playing with a friend or two or three.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Bump. Got this game about a week ago for $22. It's definitely a lot more fun than I was expecting from watching videos. There are some things that get annoying, but I've been getting better as I go. Got my first solo victory yesterday night with 7 kills, was intense. I honestly can't remember the last game that I've played that caused my heart to race like this game does.

Sep 19, 2008
Still getting used to this game. Get shot like two minutes in then getting used to finding a new server.

Sep 19, 2008
Bump. Got this game about a week ago for $22. It's definitely a lot more fun than I was expecting from watching videos. There are some things that get annoying, but I've been getting better as I go. Got my first solo victory yesterday night with 7 kills, was intense. I honestly can't remember the last game that I've played that caused my heart to race like this game does.

The first team game I played i had no idea how to drop items. They shot this guy and i took the health pack and you could hear him say give me the pack on mic. Then when I looted another guy and took his AK they had enough and team killed my ass

Sep 19, 2008
Yeah someone on discord hooked me up with a gmg code. Thanks.

Game is kinda hard to play without a mic.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just got 4 more wins today after a week long streak of nothing. Feels good to get the chicken again!

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I was playing with a friend of mine the other night and we always play pretty seriously. We don't win that often but usually finish top 10. We decided to do a complete 180 on our play style and decided to just look for quick weapons, then both got cars, heading straight on into action and trying to run people over. We were having so much fun and were pretty successful.

It's an amazing strategy in duos. Circle a building you know someone is in until they're forced to come out. They'll duck the first car and then run away, leaving the second car a clear shot at the guy. We were getting so many kills just running people over, I never thought it would be such a strong strategy. One game the circle was on the southern island so we landed just north of it, found assault rifles, and both went for the bridge in our own cars. There was a battle there before and we set up a road block with all the cars on the bridge. We both ended up with 8 kills each, mostly on the bridge. We just stayed in our cars the rest of the game but got killed when one of us landed a bit sideways and turned into a tree with an enemy behind it. I ended up trying to avenge him and killed the guy he got killed by but quickly got killed by someone else almost immediately.

I continued that strategy in solos and just won my second solos game today! I literally looted level 1 helmet, level 1 vest, AKM with 60 rounds, and a double barrel shotgun. I got in the first car I found and just drove around looking for people. I didn't even see the first three kills I got, I only knew they were there after they shot at me. I got the last four kills with my UAZ because it ended in the wheat field near Yosnaya Polana and I just drove over people when I saw them prone in the grass. I swear, people don't seem to know how to deal with cars and if you play very aggressively, you can get some easy kills. Just remember you always exit a car on the left side so if you are going to exit, make sure to have the car between you and your enemy.

You'll find plenty of ammo and first aid from the people you kill so just look for an AR and car, then just get going to kill people. My win was with 8 kills, 4 or 5 of them were just running people over.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Hate to double post but feel like this will get missed otherwise. I used the same strategy, get a UMP with a hundred rounds and a UAZ. Same thing, another 8 kill chicken dinner. You don't need a long range weapon because you're only using a gun when you're close. Just drive up to people. They don't know how to react, it's great.

One great thing is doing it in the final 10 when the circle is pretty small, it will lure out people. I was driving around and didn't see anybody. One guy shot at me which gave away his position, then another guy shot at him giving away his position. The second guy killed the first guy, then I quickly killed the second guy. Nobody hit me with a single shot. I even ran over the final two to kill both of them.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Definitely not a strategy suited for squad tho where you'll simply get killed in a car explosion under a rain of bullets

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I do think there needs to be some sort of anti-car mechanism. Sure, you can waste all of your ammo on a car, but trying to run people over is a very strong strategy if you're playing solo or duo. I'd love to have landmines that you can plant on the ground. It makes it less spammy than rocket launchers. It'd also be neat if you could get an M82 from a crate and completely disable a vehicle with one shot. Then again, the M82 is so rare.

Sep 19, 2008
Running over people with a car is hilarious. Some guy tried to knock me out just firing at my car and I was down to like 15% health and ran him over :laugh:

I'm still trying to find out what to do in the zone. Today I was driving my car into the play zone. Then I started to reverse my tracks and this car drives past me and starts shooting so I begin to flee, then I got killed on the outskirts of town :laugh:

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
When's the Ps4 release date? Sony will get this right and fix all the problems.

Way too many bugs on pc. And you know Bill Gates aint gonna fix em when it comes to xbox.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

Way too many bugs on pc. And you know Bill Gates aint gonna fix em when it comes to xbox.

The Devs are fixing the problems alright... They're doing an incredible job.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Why do you play an early access game and expect there to be no problems?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY

This is either incredible satire or you're everything I hate in this world.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

Star-Wars-X-Men-The-Lord-of-the-Rings-Harry-Potter-Charles-Xavie-Use-The-Force-Harry-Gandalf-Movie.jpg

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto

When's the last time Microsoft actually improved a game from pc??
Exactly.

There's a reason why Sony is taking their time releasing it. They want it done right. Microsoft just wants the money, they have no problems rushing that mess of game.

I'm sure in a year or so the game will be running ok, but you better believe Sony won't touch it until then. Not to sound like a fan boy but they have way higher standards.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Microsoft and Sony aren't developing/publishing the game. How would Microsoft "improve" the game? It's a mess of a game because it's in beta. What do you expect?

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Microsoft and Sony aren't developing/publishing the game. How would Microsoft "improve" the game? It's a mess of a game because it's in beta. What do you expect?

Yet, Bill Gates and Microsoft are rushing this mess as fast they can to make a quick buck.

You won't see Sony do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad