Playerunknown's battleground

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Played a duo game with my buddy, got super looted in the first couple minutes, go to check the last house, completely unlooted on the bottom floor, go upstairs and theres a guy hiding around the corner with a shotgun...

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Played a duo game with my buddy, got super looted in the first couple minutes, go to check the last house, completely unlooted on the bottom floor, go upstairs and theres a guy hiding around the corner with a shotgun...

I feel like my odds of getting cheesed dramatically increase based on how good of gear I have.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So I really struggle strategically in the end game, with <15 people left. When I try to stick to the outer ring of the circle, I usually get shot at by several people waiting for people to enter the circle. If I manage to get towards the middle, I'm often in positions where I'm pretty out in the open, and I have to protect myself from all over the place. Obviously there are times where you can gain a field advantage based on hills, houses, etc., but not always.

I'm not at all a high-skill player, so winning may never happen. But any general tips/strategies people use when it comes down to the final ~15-20? I die most often in the 15-35 range.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
So I really struggle strategically in the end game, with <15 people left. When I try to stick to the outer ring of the circle, I usually get shot at by several people waiting for people to enter the circle. If I manage to get towards the middle, I'm often in positions where I'm pretty out in the open, and I have to protect myself from all over the place. Obviously there are times where you can gain a field advantage based on hills, houses, etc., but not always.

I'm not at all a high-skill player, so winning may never happen. But any general tips/strategies people use when it comes down to the final ~15-20? I die most often in the 15-35 range.

Close your eyes, spray bullets, win games.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
In the last few circles, people shouldn't be able to kill people inside the circle when they're outside of it. So many games ruined by people who just camp outside waiting for you to come out and run.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA

I suggest watching different streamers. They'll usually tell you why they play the way they do. Disguised Toast has even been playing PUBG lately. He's terrible at the game and he's even won a few games. You'll win some eventually. There's still luck to play a factor. I consider myself a pretty good FPS player but have only won 2 games in 40 hours. Lately I've been trying less to win and more to just have fun and it seems to be working for me. Just try different playstyles. I feel like I personally play a lot better in an aggressive style, although it does leave me in more vulnerable positions.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I suggest watching different streamers. They'll usually tell you why they play the way they do. Disguised Toast has even been playing PUBG lately. He's terrible at the game and he's even won a few games. You'll win some eventually. There's still luck to play a factor. I consider myself a pretty good FPS player but have only won 2 games in 40 hours. Lately I've been trying less to win and more to just have fun and it seems to be working for me. Just try different playstyles. I feel like I personally play a lot better in an aggressive style, although it does leave me in more vulnerable positions.

Thanks, I enjoyed watching Summit play when he actually did a while back, and as a Hearthstone guy, I have watched Toast a little bit as well, but without paying close attention. I have five top-10s in about 60 games, but I feel like a sitting duck when it gets down that low. I'll try out some different tactics, I feel like I could certainly be more aggressive.

I am definitely loving this game, though. Can't wait for another map to come out too! I wonder how far down the road that is.

Just won my first solo game today.

Pro-tip: go prone through grass, it's great cover. That absolutely helped me get the win.

I'll have to try that too. :naughty:

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Thanks, I enjoyed watching Summit play when he actually did a while back, and as a Hearthstone guy, I have watched Toast a little bit as well, but without paying close attention. I have five top-10s in about 60 games, but I feel like a sitting duck when it gets down that low. I'll try out some different tactics, I feel like I could certainly be more aggressive.

I am definitely loving this game, though. Can't wait for another map to come out too! I wonder how far down the road that is.

I'll have to try that too. :naughty:

Yeah, I've also been watching Toast and you learn some good coward strategies from him. :laugh:

Definitely watch a variety of streamers though. You can pick up small things that one might not do that others do. I watch Cohh a lot in the mornings on my days off. He's not that good at the game but he of all people was who was saying to prone through grass. It seems like a very good strategy when late game ends in the woods.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I started watching him the other night.

He's such a beast.

I think he gets more kills than I have career kills in every round.

Started watching him once you guys mentioned him. Wow. One game last night he was at two kills with 50 people left, and he ended winning the round with 13 kills. 100% offense. He basically shoots at (and usually kills) every person he sees in a reasonable range, chasing them down if necessary. Very, very different from how I play. :laugh: Skill level certainly plays a big role there though. It's definitely fun to watch.

I actually managed back-to-back top-5s last night, with kill counts of 0 and 3 (my record sadly). At least I've got the stealthy side of the game down. I think I have 5 top-5s now, but still never done better than fourth.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Anytime I feel like I'm getting bored of this game, I watch a video like this

and want to grind it again

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
This game has definitely has a SOCOM feel to it.

Can't wait for the ps4 release. Should be out by Christmas.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I made it to #2 just now. I maybe could have won, but I was forced to run at the other player due to being outside the circle. Oh well, I will get first eventually.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Finally won my first solo game, and with 8 kills to boot. Painkillers, energy drinks, and crawling prone on the ground are all major keys.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Haven't won a game yet, but a bunch of top 10s and 5s. Used to try to jump to places where I didn't think anyone else would be at, but I've recently started jumping to cities and the schools just looking for confrontation. Some of my games only last like a minute because of it, but if I can win the battles I'm pretty much fully looted and prepared for the end game. I usually just grab a vehicle and try to find a nice spot in the middle of the zone. It's working better, but I still haven't won one.

If this was on console I'd be so much better. This is the only shooter I've ever played on PC with a keyboard and mouse so even just navigating around is a bit difficult at times much less trying to kill people :laugh: Pretty much just spray and pray when I'm in relatively close proximity.

I really like this game. For such a relatively simple concept it has a ton of replayability. My friends and I still have a ton of fun with it. Can't wait for the new update with vaulting and diving out windows.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Haven't won a game yet, but a bunch of top 10s and 5s. Used to try to jump to places where I didn't think anyone else would be at, but I've recently started jumping to cities and the schools just looking for confrontation. Some of my games only last like a minute because of it, but if I can win the battles I'm pretty much fully looted and prepared for the end game. I usually just grab a vehicle and try to find a nice spot in the middle of the zone. It's working better, but I still haven't won one.

One thing you could try that's seemed to work better for me so far is to stick to the outside of the playzone, getting inside the white and hiding, and then waiting for people to come in to ambush them. That way you aren't getting fired on from 360 degrees and you can be the one to sneak up behind people too.

Obviously everyone has their own strategy and is good at different styles of play, but that's at least something that worked for me.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
One thing you could try that's seemed to work better for me so far is to stick to the outside of the playzone, getting inside the white and hiding, and then waiting for people to come in to ambush them. That way you aren't getting fired on from 360 degrees and you can be the one to sneak up behind people too.

Obviously everyone has their own strategy and is good at different styles of play, but that's at least something that worked for me.

Yeah I've tried that too but with limited success. I always felt like I was chasing the zone and spent more time distracted by the kill wall than looking for players. It just hasn't worked for me even though I understand why it would be beneficial not to have to worry about your 6.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
My friend keeps harassing me to get this game. It looks so bad by the videos that I'm watching, what am I missing here?

It might simply not be your kind of game. I haven't had this much fun playing video games in a long time.

The adrenaline rush you get when you're in a top 10 situation is incredible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad