Playerunknown's battleground

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I still wish they had those shorter timed circles. Those were outstanding.
It was too fast imo. You still want to give enough time to get into fights before having to run into the next circle. I'm talking those that actually require a bit of strategy, not just seeing someone before they see you.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
All 3 maps and war mode coming to PUBG. And possibly changing seasons in the winter? Or most likely just a map with snow.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
So I just played with SmaK by joining a random squad team, nice! He didn't say a word and died first tho. (I'm Lester)

CweixX.jpg

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So I just played with SmaK by joining a random squad team, nice! He didn't say a word and died first tho. (I'm Lester)
I always love watching Doc jump into random duos with unsuspecting players. Almost all of them know who he is, but had no idea they could potentially play with him at the time. It's pretty cool that streamers do play with randoms on occasion.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I played Erangle for the first time in like a month yesterday and I have no idea how I put 500 hours into those huge maps. There’s no loot anywhere. It takes 10 minutes just to get a decent load out. The small map is just so much more fun. Loot everywhere. I’m pretty much Sanhok or bust for the future. Such a great map.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I played Erangle for the first time in like a month yesterday and I have no idea how I put 500 hours into those huge maps. There’s no loot anywhere. It takes 10 minutes just to get a decent load out. The small map is just so much more fun. Loot everywhere. I’m pretty much Sanhok or bust for the future. Such a great map.
Same, the new map is awesome, and there's little reason to go back other than to change things up for a bit. The combination of 100x better loot and being able to parachute to any place on the map at the start of the game is a massive improvement.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Anyone here play PUBG Mobile? I'd love to play PC, but am a Mac user and can't afford a gaming rig right now.

That is not in the filing, they are specifically saying they copied the battle royal mode. Pug B also licenses the engine from Epic so this interesting.

According to Forbes you cannot copy write a game type like Battle Royale especially when you didn't even create the format. Imagine every game going after one another for domination or TDM game types.

PUBG's Lawsuit Against 'Fortnite' Is Utterly Silly And Absurd [Updated]

Yes, Fortnite absolutely jumped on the battle royale bandwagon, but PUBG wasn't the first game to try this, either. It built off of mods from Arma III and various other survival games like H1Z1 and DayZ.
The entire concept of a last-man-standing battle royale comes from the Japanese film Battle Royale which is based off a novel of the same name by Koushun Takami, which is the story of a group of junior high kids who are forced to battle to the death by the Japanese government.
Sound familiar? That's because the mega-hit book/movie series Hunger Games uses the exact same concept. Both Battle Royale and Hunger Games pre-date PUBG. All these works of fiction, whether in book, film or video game format, use this same concept. Fortnite is merely joining a long list of battle royale concepts. PUBG Corporation in no way owns the notion of a battle royale game, any more than Koushun Takami isn't the only novelist allowed to write books about battle royale

The real problem for Pub G is how much Fortnite is eating in to their playerbase

In Six Months, 'Fortnite: Battle Royale' Has Cut PUBG's PC Playerbase In Half

The issue isn't with the game-type so much, but moreso want you briefly touched on: the Unreal Engine.

Unreal Engine is what is used to run PUBG and Fortnite both. It is essentially the backbone of each game. Epic Games (the creator of Fortnite) created and owns Unreal Engine. However, they signed a contract with Bluehole (PUBG creators) allowing them to use it to create PUBG. In this contract, part of the agreement is supposedly that Epic Games agreed to not create their own Battle Royale game within a certain time (I want to say 10 years, but don't quote me on that) of PUBG's release. That obviously hasn't happened.

The lawsuit is for a breach of contract and actually seems pretty clear from Bluehole's standpoint. It certainly doesn't hurt that PUBG has a lot more to benefit from the lawsuit as well.

Whether these facts are entirely accurate or not is hard to tell and we won't know until it's settled, if at all.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Anyone here play PUBG Mobile? I'd love to play PC, but am a Mac user and can't afford a gaming rig right now.

The issue isn't with the game-type so much, but moreso want you briefly touched on: the Unreal Engine.

Unreal Engine is what is used to run PUBG and Fortnite both. It is essentially the backbone of each game. Epic Games (the creator of Fortnite) created and owns Unreal Engine. However, they signed a contract with Bluehole (PUBG creators) allowing them to use it to create PUBG. In this contract, part of the agreement is supposedly that Epic Games agreed to not create their own Battle Royale game within a certain time (I want to say 10 years, but don't quote me on that) of PUBG's release. That obviously hasn't happened.

The lawsuit is for a breach of contract and actually seems pretty clear from Bluehole's standpoint. It certainly doesn't hurt that PUBG has a lot more to benefit from the lawsuit as well.

Whether these facts are entirely accurate or not is hard to tell and we won't know until it's settled, if at all.

PUBG dropped the lawsuit like 2 weeks ago because they knew they had no chance at winning it.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I don't know anyone who is even playing the PC game anymore. My friends and I have switched off to other things instead. Too unstable and janky.
It's just fun though... the desync issues happen occasionally, but no other game gives me the rush that this game does. It has improved (somewhat) and they say they're committed fully to fixing the game over the next few months.

Oh and I've played the mobile version a few times. It's surprisingly well done for how complicated it is. Not that it's a great experience, but I don't know how they could have done much better with it.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It's just fun though... the desync issues happen occasionally, but no other game gives me the rush that this game does. It has improved (somewhat) and they say they're committed fully to fixing the game over the next few months.

Oh and I've played the mobile version a few times. It's surprisingly well done for how complicated it is. Not that it's a great experience, but I don't know how they could have done much better with it.

I played the mobile game once, with the bots and whatnot. I actually thought that it played pretty well, but I don't like those types of mobile games. I'm more into puzzles and whatnot.

The game itself always lagged at the worst times and what really had me stop playing was the amount of hackers I encountered when the new map was launched (the jungle one). I played a handful of games and there were hackers in at least three of them that totally ruined the experience for me. I wish they allowed larger squads too, but that's nitpicking. Maybe I'll go back eventually, but it really didn't run as smoothly as it should.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I played the mobile game once, with the bots and whatnot. I actually thought that it played pretty well, but I don't like those types of mobile games. I'm more into puzzles and whatnot.

The game itself always lagged at the worst times and what really had me stop playing was the amount of hackers I encountered when the new map was launched (the jungle one). I played a handful of games and there were hackers in at least three of them that totally ruined the experience for me. I wish they allowed larger squads too, but that's nitpicking. Maybe I'll go back eventually, but it really didn't run as smoothly as it should.
Yeah I think the number of hackers is over-exaggerated by the community, but I've definitely come across my fair share. The most common is the "radar" hack where they know where everyone around them is.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Yeah I think the number of hackers is over-exaggerated by the community, but I've definitely come across my fair share. The most common is the "radar" hack where they know where everyone around them is.

It ebbs and flows, especially since they do large waves of bans from time to time. The last game I played I racked up a few kills. Was slowly making my way into a better position when I get shot out of nowhere in the head and I'm insta-killed.

So I watch the killcam. I was killed by a guy who was in the middle of fighting at least three other people in the opposite direction. He stops shooting at them, spins and turns around and takes a single shot through a bunch of tress (no vision of me) killing me. He then immediately spins back and continues fighting everyone else. I was hundreds of meters away and there was no visibility, and I wasn't shooting. Zero reason for that guy to turn around and do that. That was enough for me to stop playing.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
It ebbs and flows, especially since they do large waves of bans from time to time. The last game I played I racked up a few kills. Was slowly making my way into a better position when I get shot out of nowhere in the head and I'm insta-killed.

So I watch the killcam. I was killed by a guy who was in the middle of fighting at least three other people in the opposite direction. He stops shooting at them, spins and turns around and takes a single shot through a bunch of tress (no vision of me) killing me. He then immediately spins back and continues fighting everyone else. I was hundreds of meters away and there was no visibility, and I wasn't shooting. Zero reason for that guy to turn around and do that. That was enough for me to stop playing.
Wow. I've never had anything like that happen to me, but I know those types of cheats exist. I seriously don't think I've ever been affected by anything other than the radar hack.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Haven't run into a blatant hacker in a long time. Definitely have heard about the radar hack and people knowing where you are and what gear you have, but I haven't felt cheated on a death in quite some time. I still can't get enough. My friends and I play pretty much every night still. Nothing has hooked me this hard before. Like 16 months into the game and it's still intense. My only major complaint about the game is the community in the pregame lobby. Just the absolute worst of humanity in that cesspool, but it's easy enough to mute it until the game starts.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Is pubg finally leaving game preview? Can't play on console as it says they're updating servers but when I hit the guide it says full game now.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The new training mode on the test servers is sweet. You can just experiment with a whole bunch of stuff. There are a few improvements needed (infinite ammo, etc.), but I've been waiting for that for a long time.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
not really relevant to the game but Dr Disrespect ended his stream after his house was shot at for the 2nd time in two days. crazy times

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad