Playerunknown's battleground

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Definitely agree with the slow beginning game. And depending on where you drop, mid game can crawl at a snail’s pace, too. Unless you drop into Los Leones, you probably won’t see too much action during that round.

The one issue I have with the new terrain has to do with the hitboxes of the ground. I was crouch walking over a ridge during a game yesterday, and I saw someone about 200m off. I took out my Kar98 and shot at the dude, but because I was crouched and not totally on top of the ridge, my bullet hit the ground in front of me and totally gave away my position. I could completely see the guy through the scope, though. It’s things along those lines that are holding the map back right now, in my opinion.

That was an issue on the old map too though, because what you see in the scope doesn't actually mean you can hit the target. The two story houses with bars on the windows are a real pain to shoot out of because of that, you can continually hit the bar if you don't step away, move closer, or lean. It's realistic, but one of the aspects I wish they'd take out of the game.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Well they sure aren't stellar anywhere. Graphics aren't really a selling feature.

The X has the horsepower to run it at an okay rate. The original Xbox (like my poor little 500GB over here :laugh:) ...

The sub-par optimization is okay for an Early Access title (it's kind of par for the course there and you know what you're getting into with Steam Early Access), but being released on Xbox in this state is a bit rude IMO.

Yeah I agree, if it was a free beta or alpha it would be different. Hopefully they put some work in to it.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
That was an issue on the old map too though, because what you see in the scope doesn't actually mean you can hit the target. The two story houses with bars on the windows are a real pain to shoot out of because of that, you can continually hit the bar if you don't step away, move closer, or lean. It's realistic, but one of the aspects I wish they'd take out of the game.

Yeah, good point. I knew going in I couldn’t shoot out of the barred windows, so I totally forgot that was a limitation on the original map. It’s just such a pain not knowing what you can and can’t shoot through/over, so I’m with you that I wish they’d take that out of the game. I thought it’d be different since I was outside and there wasn’t anything else in my scope apart from my target during my run-in, but I guess I didn’t know the full extent of their aiming limitations.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So right now I'm trying to drop in to the most populated areas and I'm just trying to get to use fighting and dying. I can make it into the top 30 pretty easily next scavenging and avoiding people, but I can never get any kills. I'm trying to force myself at getting better at confrontations and really knowing the metió

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
So right now I'm trying to drop in to the most populated areas and I'm just trying to get to use fighting and dying. I can make it into the top 30 pretty easily next scavenging and avoiding people, but I can never get any kills. I'm trying to force myself at getting better at confrontations and really knowing the metió

It's a good idea to get used to the weapons. I try to use the AR's on burst or single as auto has so much recoil unless you have an attachment

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Good god the videos coming out of the Xbox port of this game are horrible. It’s not even a beta at this point from what I’ve seen.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Good god the videos coming out of the Xbox port of this game are horrible. It’s not even a beta at this point from what I’ve seen.

And they are basically making it the main game to get for the console. Kinda hilarious how that are kind of throwing Gears, Halo and Forza under the bus for the Xbox One X in favor of something that clearly isn't finished yet. The definition of desperate by MS, if you ask me.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
And they are basically making it the main game to get for the console. Kinda hilarious how that are kind of throwing Gears, Halo and Forza under the bus for the Xbox One X in favor of something that clearly isn't finished yet. The definition of desperate by MS, if you ask me.

They have a 3 month exclusive window on Consoles and are negotiating to extend it for much longer. Given the massive numbers the game has on PC, I don’t blame MS for doing this.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Gahhhhh. 2nd place for the third time. Still no chicken dinners for me. Had a great chance at this one, close combat with the guy less than half health. Some day I will get one.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Got 2 chicken dinners in duos tonight, and one 3rd place in solo. Not thrilled about the 3rd place finish since I died to a guy who was prone crawling up to me. I can’t stand losing to people who play like that.

Oh, and the completely kitted Vector with a suppressor is a hell of a weapon up close. Probably my favorite short-range weapon in the entire game after tonight.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Finally got my first solo win. Happened on the old map and I finished with 5 kills. Had a guy laying in the grass in the middle of nowhere almost kill me, but I managed to kill him and escape with a sliver of health. Oh, man, that’s such a good feeling.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
my squad got a win today with 0 kills. entire squad had no kills and barely a shot fired xD

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Finally got my first solo win. Happened on the old map and I finished with 5 kills. Had a guy laying in the grass in the middle of nowhere almost kill me, but I managed to kill him and escape with a sliver of health. Oh, man, that’s such a good feeling.
Congrats!

Finally got my first solo win today now too on the new map!

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Did the last of your opposition crash their car and explode, or cook a grenade too long, or something?

we basically showed up very late to the circle, eventually sneaked our way onto the mountain where the circle closed, the other two remaining teams were stuck on a side of the mountain with no easy way up and they all either killed each other or died to circle

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Congrats!

Finally got my first solo win today now too on the new map!
Nice, good job! I’m still looking for my first solo win on the new map, but at least now I know I can potentially pull it off. Just need to learn these damn desert hills better.

we basically showed up very late to the circle, eventually sneaked our way onto the mountain where the circle closed, the other two remaining teams were stuck on a side of the mountain with no easy way up and they all either killed each other or died to circle

Ahh, that makes sense. I was wondering how an entire squad could make it to end game and win without killing at least one other player. I forgot how much end game circle hurts, though, so that makes sense. Congrats on the win!

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Where is it said it's the main game for the console. It's an exclusive and a very popular game overall on the market right now. The same team that worked on Gears helped with the port over to Xbox. You might as well promote it.

PUBG performs badly on Xbox One - and X

That being said it's being marketed as a game preview. For $30.00 it's a good deal of fun. Fix the frame rate and lag.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So let me ask this, as a serious question from someone who knows very little about the actual shit going on inside my Xbox. What makes the game so hard to run? Is it the massive size of the maps and having 100 players? If so and even high end pcs are having trouble running than it kinda makes sense to push the game on the high end Xbox and show that it can play it as well. Once they get an update or two I would imagine itll start running a lot better (I hope)

I play during off hours and I very rarely have any issues.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
So let me ask this, as a serious question from someone who knows very little about the actual **** going on inside my Xbox. What makes the game so hard to run? Is it the massive size of the maps and having 100 players? If so and even high end pcs are having trouble running than it kinda makes sense to push the game on the high end Xbox and show that it can play it as well. Once they get an update or two I would imagine itll start running a lot better (I hope)

I play during off hours and I very rarely have any issues.

It's a good question I was thinking of as well. Obviously you have 100 players in a match at one time and a pretty big map. I don't know a ton about the developer but considering how long it's been in preview on PC, they may not have all the resources needed.

I did read enhancements will come to Xbox quicker than the PC version with the additional resources. I guess the question is can it run smoothly with this size and amount of players on the Xbox X or high end PC. It sounds like the game has always had issues, especially in the early stages.

Also I'm not sure if this matters but the game is 5GB.... 5GB is like an update for most games! Gears is like 108GB, not I know that's for multiple maps that you are not on during the same time. Somebody with a tech background could answer this.

Last edited:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Also, if I think what I read was right, the game is a CPU hog for a lot of things, and that can cause issues for the Xbox One X. The XOX has a great GPU for a console, however, the CPU is still something that is decently old and really can bottleneck the rest of the system. That could be another issue right there as to why it may not run as well on consoles compared to PC.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
It might be in here somewhere but how long does a match last typically?

I am on the fence about this one. Lots of mixed reviews. But kind of want a new game.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

That's definitely the way to do it. Getting comfortable in close quarters combat and learning how each weapon functions is key to winning later on. You can loot faster and know exactly what you're looking for because you know what you're comfortable with. It also allows you to win the early game a bit easier if you're familiar with every gun. If I'm not in a pressure situation there are certain weapons I just pass completely and won't ever pick up (like the tommy gun). But I still know how it works so if I need it on a particular drop I have a fighting chance.

The one set of weapons you can't do the quick drops with are the care package crates. You should spend some time speeding to them in a vehicle and grabbing what you can so you can familiarize yourself with those as well. Nothing worse than getting an AWM or Groza and not being familiar with the shooting patterns.

It might be in here somewhere but how long does a match last typically?

I am on the fence about this one. Lots of mixed reviews. But kind of want a new game.

Depends completely upon the game and how quickly you die. They can last literally 30 seconds if you don't survive your first encounter or they can last ~20-30 minutes if you get a chicken dinner.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad