Contract Termination: Players that weren't extended a Qualifying Offer (2022)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Brendan Lemieux. Is it a locker room thing or is he just not worth it anymore? Seems like a decent 4th line aggravation guy for cheap?

His QO is a bit high vs. the Kings cap this year is all, I'm willing to bet he comes back cheaper.

Was excellent before his injury, came back and wasn't the same player at all.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Some very interesting pieces about to become UFA

Kubalik
Strome
Samsonov
Milano
Steel
Kase

some potential gems on that list

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
The real surprise is Ilya Samsonov. That must mean that Washington is the landing spot for Darcy Kuemper. Lemieux sounds like a cap crunch issue.

Also, curious: did anyone qualify to become UFA under Group 6 (3 or more pro seasons, less than 80 NHL games for skaters or 28 for goalies)?

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
If Sam Steele doesn't find another NHL Job, He can Always Go into the adult entertainment industry. With His Name all Doors are Open.

• Haha
Reactions: cannucky

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Some interesting names there for sure. How far Lemmy has fallen. Can we take him back for the 4th line?

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Frank Serravelli said that the Kings may circle back on Lemieux like Arizona did with Fischer.
They obviously didn’t want to deal with an arbitrator.
This is the thing most don't seem to grasp on HF , the player can be worth a raise but a smart agent will demand 4.5M for a guy with a 2-3M QO number and he refuses then the stats comp will probably put him up against a dozen overpaid 4-5M comps at arbitration , the team can't walk away from anything 4.5m or under so now your stuck with him at that price , nobody will take him in a trade at that price so he plays out the 1 or 2 years , makes 9M which is 7 years of what he was really worth then he goes overseas if nobody wants him here .

Reactions: Riptide

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
The real surprise is Ilya Samsonov. That must mean that Washington is the landing spot for Darcy Kuemper. Lemieux sounds like a cap crunch issue.

Also, curious: did anyone qualify to become UFA under Group 6 (3 or more pro seasons, less than 80 NHL games for skaters or 28 for goalies)?
now that you mention it I think I saw a couple of Group 6 guys on Capfriendly but don't remember which teams .

Even funnier is the number of 30 point per year guy's that suddenly fans think are worth 6 million .

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Seattle let go of Haydn Fleury and Dennis Cholowski. I guess they didn't take the expansion draft very seriously...

By my count they only have like 18 guys left from their original expansion draft...

Reactions: Artemi Panarin

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Seattle let go of Haydn Fleury and Dennis Cholowski. I guess they didn't take the expansion draft very seriously...

By my count they only have like 18 guys left from their original expansion draft...

For some of them, especially those who weren’t signed as free agents (Adam Larsson, Philipp Grubauer, and Chris Dreigher, as examples), this may have been their last chance. Among those not qualified was Daniel Sprong.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
What was the deal with Dylan Strome? Chicago has loads of cap space, his QO is fairly low and he played at a 26g/57pt pace. As a 25 yr old... seems like someone they'd qualify and if he gets overpaid, so be it.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
F Sam Steel (24)
F Sonny Milano (26)
F Dylan Strome (25)
F Dominik Kubalik (26)
F Nicolas Aube-Kubel (26)
F Brendan Lemieux (26)
F Rem Pitlick (25)
D David Farrance (23)
G Tyler Wall (23)
F Adam Gaudette (25)
F Danton Heinen (26)
F Jonathan Dahlen (24)
F Ondrej Kase (26)
G Ilya Samsonov (25)

IMO here are the best player that don't get QO's
Right there you have a better team than Francis drafted for his expansion franchise 🤣

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad