Recalled/Assigned: Players recalled/reassigned - Bodie called up, McKegg sent down

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
But really, there's no reason for him to play so little when he gets called up. Either play him with regular minutes or just don't call him up. I don't understand the logic Carlyle is implying here. Wake up coach.

I've also never understood the logic that NHL coaches have when it comes to back to back games.

9 times out of 10, they ice the same line up from the night before with healthy bodies in the press box. Why? Fresh legs wouldn't make a difference?

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Well for one development isn't linear nor is it the same from player to player. There's ups and downs in pro sports.

With that said, McKegg has only improved in terms of his overall play from what I've seen in the AHL. With that said, I've never thought of him as a NHL regular and never really liked his potential all that much. I don't think his size and skating ability will ever be good enough to be a top 9 center or even winger. He's just pretty average.

But really, there's no reason for him to play so little when he gets called up. Either play him with regular minutes or just don't call him up. I don't understand the logic Carlyle is implying here. Wake up coach.

Your first mistake was assuming that Carlyle is employing some form of logic. ;)

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Wow yes!!! Bodie called up that's great news. He must have his truck drivers license and can steer this 18-wheeler away from the cliff

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Hopefully he hasn't forgotten how to hit, because the current Leafs forwards have. Even Komarov shied away last game (he's probably protecting his head).

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Hopefully he hasn't forgotten how to hit, because the current Leafs forwards have. Even Komarov shied away last game (he's probably protecting his head).

I think Komarov had 9 hits in his first game back. I think this is the case of his conditioning not being fully back yet, and he simply ran out of gas in the 3rd game in 4 nights.

Countryjunkie

Oct 17, 2014
Nice to have Troy Bodie back in the line up. This team is way too soft, and needs all the toughness they can get.

member 147413

Big changes boys. Looks like all our protesting has worked. :sarcasm:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I thought to myself
Hmmmm, good reaction by management after the Jets game as it clearly showed we lack grit.

Lirl. Why does it not surprise me? More Ashton!

This management should wear those little hats with propellars on them in the press box

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
James Mirtle @mirtle · 44m 44 minutes ago
Leafs recalled Sam Carrick

Probably a Spott decision. Carrick seemed to be playing well under him in the Marlies. Good for Carrick, well deserved.

Countryjunkie

Oct 17, 2014
Very excited to see Sam Carrick back up with the Leafs. Without Randy Carlyle behind the bench, players like Sam Carrick should get a better opportunity to play more than 4 minutes a night.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I don't think McKegg is an NHLer, but I think Carrick is. He looked good the last time he was up.

studebaker17

Jan 24, 2010
subtle move already but i like it , he's a player that works his ass off and plays with passion.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Sam Carrick is also good on the draws. Something we've been lacking since our overall FO% is 48.6%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad