Recalled/Assigned: Players recalled/reassigned - Bodie called up, McKegg sent down

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Might as well have a separate thread up for players being recalled due to injuries.

Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050
Tyler Bozak absent from practice today due to a death in the family. Kadri, van Riemsdyk, Santorelli also missing. Unclear why as of yet.

^Probably maintanence day for Kadri, JVR and Santorelli

Leafs recall Greg McKegg from the Marlies.

Was hoping to see Leivo or even Carrick up.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Leafs PR @LeafsPR
Peter Holland has also returned to Toronto for further evaluation after suffering an upper body injury #TMLtalk (2/2).

Leafs PR @LeafsPR
The @MapleLeafs have recalled forward Greg McKegg from the @TorontoMarlies and placed Joffrey Lupul on IR #TMLtalk (1/2)

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Great idea, OP. Could you edit the title for who's ever recalled and assigned (for example McKegg)

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Might as well have a separate thread up for players being recalled due to injuries.

Tyler Bozak absent from practice today due to a death in the family. Kadri, van Riemsdyk, Santorelli also missing. Unclear why as of yet.

^Probably maintanence day for Kadri, JVR and Santorelli

Leafs recall Greg McKegg from the Marlies.

Was hoping to see Leivo or even Carrick up.

McKegg earned it. He's taken the first line center role from Smith and ran with it... Probably the reason why we weren't in any sort of rush to send Smith back down. Him, Abbott, Carrick and Brown (all except Carrick I believe play on the same line) are the only guys who have consistently been producing on the AHL level. Also, it's probably a top 9 center spot, because Carrick would probably have been called up for 4C duties and Leivo for any sort of top 9 winger spots (though McKegg can play LW himself).

Besides Carrick and Leivo, McKegg may be the next top forward candidate from the AHL to make the jump (Brown needs one more year like Leivo and will be a top call up).

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Leivo is injured also.

I'm interested to see what we actually have in McKegg if he does get in a game cause we have a few players who could be challenging him for a spot on Leafs and as a top centre down with the Marlies by next season.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Paul Hendrick
@HennyTweets
Bozak will play tomorrow and it's expected that Panik will be available to play in Minny as well.#TMLtalk

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Players absent due to too much drinking/partying

Also the Bozak family death .. wow that has gotta suck very first day of the New Year

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I would shift Santo back to center and call up Brown, not mckegg.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Paul Hendrick
@HennyTweets
Bozak will play tomorrow and it's expected that Panik will be available to play in Minny as well.#TMLtalk

I was wondering about Panik.
Would've preferred Carrick over McKegg and move everyone up.
Brown for Lupul....or has he deserved it.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
I was wondering about Panik.
Would've preferred Carrick over McKegg and move everyone up.
Brown for Lupul....or has he deserved it.

I think they want to see what they have in Mckegg going forward.

He's only played 1 game as a Leaf, so good chance to see if he can play at this level.

It seems Holland was hurt from the two huge hits from yesterday.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Wasnt so long ago people were big mckegg. I am glad he got the call up and hope to see him in some games, brown deserves his chance and will get it, but there are others who have been waiting in line.

buttman*

There is a serious lack of faith in our own prospects. At least give the guy some legitimate icetime.

He's not that good. Most of the prospects has regressed. Broll, Ross, McKegg, Biggs etc. etc. all had promise last year and now? None will ever be regular NHL'ers.

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
How did McKegg regress? I don't think he has. He have to give the kid a chance, Carlyle can't afford to though or he will lose his job, hence why he ices the first line 20+ min a night.... And during back to back nights.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
How did McKegg regress? I don't think he has. He have to give the kid a chance, Carlyle can't afford to though or he will lose his job, hence why he ices the first line 20+ min a night.... And during back to back nights.

Well for one development isn't linear nor is it the same from player to player. There's ups and downs in pro sports.

With that said, McKegg has only improved in terms of his overall play from what I've seen in the AHL. With that said, I've never thought of him as a NHL regular and never really liked his potential all that much. I don't think his size and skating ability will ever be good enough to be a top 9 center or even winger. He's just pretty average.

But really, there's no reason for him to play so little when he gets called up. Either play him with regular minutes or just don't call him up. I don't understand the logic Carlyle is implying here. Wake up coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad