Player Discussion: Prospects Off Season ... including Gauthier

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Hmm, do the Leafs not do "behind the draft?" anymore?

Would be interested to know this as well...
Although the last couple were significantly more restricted in their access than what was revealed in earlier editions.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Would be interested to know this as well...
Although the last couple were significantly more restricted in their access than what was revealed in earlier editions.

yeah. i went looking for them, they did "the Leaf" version for Nylander but it wasn't as awesome as the one they did for Morgan etc.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Behind the Draft is now a "The Leaf" feature I believe.

Won't get released until Septemberish

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
There is a noticeable drop-off in the volume of material coming out of this camp compared to previous years - I think by design.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Awesome, as he should. Great news on Finn coming out as well, nice to know they haven't given up on him at all after a rough first pro season.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I thought he would have a shot at the Leafs this year. I guess they don't think so. They're gonna be bad enough he should be one of the better offensive players even for the Leafs.

Or they give him the full year at Center on a winning Marlies team, instead of playing wing on the 2nd/3rd line, with a team that won't be winning much, and a lot of them will be gone in the next couple of years.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Or they give him the full year at Center on a winning Marlies team, instead of playing wing on the 2nd/3rd line, with a team that won't be winning much, and a lot of them will be gone in the next couple of years.

The way they talk about a player having to earn a spot, I have a hard time thinking he won't be one of our better players in the pre-season. I understand if he's really sloppy defensively as he needs to be coached more to learn that stuff, but I doubt he won't be better then Holland or Arcobello or some other hump we carry this year.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I like how they just shut it down from now.
Nylander is going to be playing centre with the Marlies, this year. end of story. Stop the whole "will he, won't he" drama all summer and into Camp. So regardless of what the Media (and fans) demand, Dubas can go "I told you from July, that Will's playing centre on the Marlies"

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Hello Toronto, wild fan here. I really like nylander, but just have a random question. Who do you think has more upside, nylander or marner? Cheers.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Hello Toronto, wild fan here. I really like nylander, but just have a random question. Who do you think has more upside, nylander or marner? Cheers.

If you had a gun to my head and made me choose, i'd eventually say Marner, but both look like they are outstanding prospects for us.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

They've taken different paths so it's hard to directly compare them, but they're close. Call it a draw for now.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

I think we are all hoping it's like asking the question who has more upside: Datsyuk or Zetterberg.
They both have tremendous potential. Where they reach, time will tell.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON

For the Leafs sake, I hope Marner proves to be better because Nylander is looking like a franchise piece. He had a few knocks on him when drafted, the knocks being the reasons why he fell to 8 and he has dispelled them with relative ease.

1) He was small - Now he's around 190 and just looking built every time he's interviewed.

2) He was cocky and arrogant; basically coming off as not being a team player. Now we have Mike Babcock himself praising Willie for how he handles himself, calling him a real team player and all that. He also pulled the Marlies out of a downward spiral after dominating the SHL and WJC.

So if Marner proves to be the better player? Wow, that will be quite the player.

JMilne*

3 centers

The leafs have been open on Marner playing the center position in the NHL. over the last couple days Nylander told the origination that he would also like to play center, today the leafs confirmed that, " Kyle Dubas confirms William Nylander will play centre for the Toronto #Marlies in October. " . We are now left with kadri, Babcook feels that kadri is going to be an elite player one day ( under his coaching ). Kadri also play the center role . do we really need 3 "elite" centers ?. we know for a fact that marner and nylander are special players with huge upside potential. and kadri will be a good second line center if he improves that way babcook believes, he can be a first line center one day (maybe). i feel like the leafs would be wasting one of their talents by putting all 3 of them on the center postion (the third line usually gets less time) Do you think marner should stay on the wing now ? its been rumoured that he plays a similar game to Patty kane , he would be an amazing asset on the wing for the leafs, if we had the one 2 punch centers we are projected to have. or is kadri expendable in the future ? 2-3 years? and Marner constitutes to develop as a center ? i dont know just my though

( would like someone else's insight on this )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad