Player Discussion: Nazem Kadri - January 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
So Nylander and Marner will fail? You a scout for a NHL team?

I highly doubt they both become centers for one. Two, you can trade Kadri if they both do. I was taking more about the holes that would be left in the top 6 if lesser prospects (Kap,Brown,Leipsec) don't end up as top 6 players.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Great goal from Nazem "Third Line Player" Kadri. Crazy that a third line player like Kadri is on pace for 45 points.

mikebel111*

Great goal from Nazem "Third Line Player" Kadri. Crazy that a third line player like Kadri is on pace for 45 points.

Kadri is so good that people refer to those point totals from a 3rd line player

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I don't really think he actually does anything to draw penalties other than being kinda weak on his skates, to the point that he can be knocked down by a cool breeze. Not really a virtue, but it's a net positive I guess.

It amazes me that people who have watched Kadri all these years, don't realize this. He has terrible balance, as witnessed the other night when he fell with nobody within ten feet of him.

I also love the ego on some people who think that they can spot a dive. There are a ton of subtle things that can happen when a player falls and it can happen at any time. It makes me feel that these people have never been on the ice before, which is fine but your opinion is invalid, IMO.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Hmm, another muffin in the boxscore for Naz. Another weak wrister from the point I guess. :naughty:

Last edited:

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
According to some posters on here, I guess the TSN panel was only talking about how great of a season Kadri has had to pump up his trade value for Bell :laugh:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Man kadri is starting to take of, wouldnt be surprised if he got 50 or 55 points this year. No way should we trade him unless we get a massive overpayment. In a few years, kadri will have talent to work with, he will be more consistent next year or 2 with manrer, nylnader, kaps, brown, etc coming up.

mikebel111*

Didn't see the game but judging by the score,

No one came to play? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

mikebel111*

Man kadri is starting to take of, wouldnt be surprised if he got 50 or 55 points this year. No way should we trade him unless we get a massive overpayment. In a few years, kadri will have talent to work with, he will be more consistent next year or 2 with manrer, nylnader, kaps, brown, etc coming up.

I wouldn't say massive overpayment. But I do agree it would take a pretty sweet deal to trade Kadri at this stage

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
kadri's combination of skating, skill, and that edge that he plays with is rare in hockey...its great

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Leafs have 11 goals in the past 9 games, and Kadri has 5 points in that span.

As for the diving nonsense:

He moves his feet, is a great stickhandler, and is very agile, despite not being very fast.

He regularly dekes past defenders and keeps skating. When they hook, hold, or trip him, it is blatantly obvious.

Keeping your feet moving is a fundamental hockey skill. He does it better than most while deking, which is the primary reason he draws so many calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad