Player Discussion: Frank Corrado

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

Hes a beast. Hahaha
Let's hope this is what he is and if he is this player regularly the what a steal.
Fingers crossed.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Especially with Polak leaving, Corrado should have every chance to play a full season for us next year.

RayNibbs

Mar 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2016/02/13/the-provies-the-night-the-earth-shifted-in-vancouver/

To this point, no one knew that Corrado suffered a separated shoulder during the playoffs and played through it. It depends on degree, but generally it’s a 3-5 week rehab for NHL players before they can play again.

Q: Did that impact you for weeks?

Corrado: Months.

“It happened in the first round. It was Game 3 against Chicago. At home. I separated my shoulder. I played the rest of the playoffs with it.

“It’s one of those things that take a long time to heal. Throughout the summer, especially when you have a late summer like that, there wasn’t much I could do.

“I had to let it heal. When it got time where I could really push it, it was basically training camp.â€

Corrado missed five games during the playoffs. Missing those games was not because of the separated shoulder.

In fact, in Round 2, Corrado broke his hand. The five games he missed were spent icing it.

So, he just played through a broken hand and a separated shoulder and was given up on by a team who concluded he had a poor training camp even though he couldn’t work out in the summer?

That’s some story, and it changes the complexion of what went down.
It also was a reason Corrado didn’t play much with the Leafs when he arrived.

"It was easier in (Toronto) because there was a plan. I knew they had a plan for me.

“They had a picture of when they wanted me to play. Knowing that there was a group who had a plan for me, made things easier.

“They talked to me, let me know."

“‘Keep getting stronger", they said.

“The time off, I got a lot of time to work out and that helped because I missed the time in the summer.â€

Yes, he’s bitter.
Would you be?

Just came across this, very surprised at how Vancouver management treated Corrado, as the nucks fans I talked too seemed excited about him before he was waived. Yet on another note I'm even more excited at how OUR management has treated him, it bodes well for the future. Prospects feeling comfortable and focused because there is a clear concise plan now after all the years of toiling in mediocrity and the media pressure is excellent. Man am I happy with management. Back to Corrado, he's been playing well and from limited viewings you can tell he's getting more and more dialed in and his confidence is starting to show. Love seeing all these prospects come up and not look out of place. Hopefully he can grab hold of a spot, seems like a very focused player with a good all around game.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Well, at least he'll have a long summer break to work with this year :laugh:

TheJet11

Nov 8, 2013
Corrado was a quality defender in the OHL, and really stood out in his short time playing in Kitchener after breaking in with Sudbury.

I think the kid can be a quality NHL defender, and I'm glad that the organization took their time letting him get healthy and learn the system. Hopefully he continues to play well down the stretch, and earns a consistent role for 2016-2017.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2016/02/13/the-provies-the-night-the-earth-shifted-in-vancouver/

Just came across this, very surprised at how Vancouver management treated Corrado, as the nucks fans I talked too seemed excited about him before he was waived. Yet on another note I'm even more excited at how OUR management has treated him, it bodes well for the future. Prospects feeling comfortable and focused because there is a clear concise plan now after all the years of toiling in mediocrity and the media pressure is excellent. Man am I happy with management. Back to Corrado, he's been playing well and from limited viewings you can tell he's getting more and more dialed in and his confidence is starting to show. Love seeing all these prospects come up and not look out of place. Hopefully he can grab hold of a spot, seems like a very focused player with a good all around game.

Corrado was injured? That's truly....... an unfortunate set of circumstances.

snizzbone*

lol wow.. so I guess we weren't ruining him after all? Just letting him rehab basically lmao.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
He's been very good. Really like his game.

Corrado
Leipsic
Leivo

All 3 have been great and deserve NHL spots

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
[L
I'm on my phone, so I didn't read the actual article, but the excerpts say he separated his shoulder in the Chicago series, then broke his hand in the 2nd round.

Vancouver lost to Calgary in the first round last year, so there was no Chicago series or round 2.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
To this point, no one knew that Corrado suffered a separated shoulder during the playoffs and played through it. It depends on degree, but generally it’s a 3-5 week rehab for NHL players before they can play again.

Q: Did that impact you for weeks?

Corrado: Months.

“It happened in the first round. It was Game 3 against Chicago. At home. I separated my shoulder. I played the rest of the playoffs with it.

“It’s one of those things that take a long time to heal. Throughout the summer, especially when you have a late summer like that, there wasn’t much I could do.

“I had to let it heal. When it got time where I could really push it, it was basically training camp.â€

Corrado missed five games during the playoffs. Missing those games was not because of the separated shoulder.

In fact, in Round 2, Corrado broke his hand. The five games he missed were spent icing it.

So, he just played through a broken hand and a separated shoulder and was given up on by a team who concluded he had a poor training camp even though he couldn’t work out in the summer?

That’s some story, and it changes the complexion of what went down.
It also was a reason Corrado didn’t play much with the Leafs when he arrived.

"It was easier in (Toronto) because there was a plan. I knew they had a plan for me.

“They had a picture of when they wanted me to play. Knowing that there was a group who had a plan for me, made things easier.

“They talked to me, let me know."

“‘Keep getting stronger", they said.

“The time off, I got a lot of time to work out and that helped because I missed the time in the summer.â€

Yes, he’s bitter.
Would you be?

Completely changes the perception people had about the long term benching.

I am I

Feb 18, 2010
I'm on my phone, so I didn't read the actual article, but the excerpts say he separated his shoulder in the Chicago series, then broke his hand in the 2nd round.

Vancouver lost to Calgary in the first round last year, so there was no Chicago series or round 2.

Corrado was playing for Utica. Basically he played through the injuries and ended June 13th. Then couldn't really work out over the summer while it healed.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Corrado was playing for Utica. Basically he played through the injuries and ended June 13th. Then couldn't really work out over the summer while it healed.
Thanks for the clarification. Makes the article clearer, but not nearly as surprising as people are making it out to be.

A fringe NHLer was waived, it happens.

I am I

Feb 18, 2010
Thanks for the clarification. Makes the article clearer, but not nearly as surprising as people are making it out to be.

A fringe NHLer was waived, it happens.

For my part I was interested to learn why the Leafs plucked him off waivers and then didn't play him. I always found that puzzling and now I know why.

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Does anyone have advanced stats on Corrado? Does his advanced stats suggest he is a better player than the eye test? How does his advanced stats compared to other Leafs D ?

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
He is in a real battle to make the team next year.

Agreed. Rielly, Gardiner and Hunwick are the only three on the roster today I see on opening day. Even then, I imagine two of the three are available via trade.

Hypothetically if we are in on say a Yandle, I see Gardiner being shipped out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad