Player Discussion: Brock Boeser | III | Our Boy in College

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I wonder if he'll get invited to Team USA for the IIHF world championships

Larkin and Eichel made it last year. Wonder if team USA is going to go with a young team again.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
I realllllly doubt it.

This was last years Team USA's IIHF world championships roster

jf03BXu.png

If they go with the same strategy as last year I think Boeser can make the team.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
I wonder if he'll get invited to Team USA for the IIHF world championships

Larkin and Eichel made it last year. Wonder if team USA is going to go with a young team again.

Ahh they probably have Connor and White ahead of him, but if Connor doesn't make it due to USA hockey having issues with him Boeser might have a chance.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city

jf03BXu.png

If they go with the same strategy as last year I think Boeser can make the team.

I forgot to take into account that players playing in the World Cup will probably not be playing in the World Championships, that might increase his chances.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
I think it all depends if they take a young team or not.

I really liked what team USA did last year.

Treated it more like a developmental tournament where they can take their young up coming players rather then their normal stars.

I hope canada does the same.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015

jf03BXu.png

Only two guys from 96, Eichel, and Larkin. Don't think Boeser is quite (Larkin and better) their level but close. Could see him make it if not many similar competitors.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
So to be clear, Brock won the three star awards which is for the player that has been selected as one of the three stars the most and the rookie of the year for NCHC.

Surprised he wasn't a finalist for forward of the year, he cleaned up that entire division.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Best draft pick since..........

In first round?

Would say ...

Kesler (23rd in 2003)

Ohlund (13th in 1994)

Would add Sedins but at 2 and 3 you're expecting something pretty good. 23rd is a crap shoot if they'll turn into anything at all.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Best draft pick since..........

Schneider in 2004. In the first round anyways.

Edit: well if he continues his trajectory. Horvat or even Shinkaruk could end up the better player in 5 years, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad