Player Discussion: Brock Boeser | III | Our Boy in College

Status
Not open for further replies.

castanza

May 30, 2015
Benning said that Boeser will return to college next year but I'm not too sure about that.

I bet if boeser says he feels he's ready that he'll get signed. I also heard you aren't allowed to talk to the team till after the season ends. So we'll have to wait till after Boeser's season ends.

Benning said it was only his gut feeling that Boeser will return to college, nothing set in stone at this moment. I agree, if he feels he's ready and wants to turn pro then it just might happen.

Benning suggests his gut is telling him that Boeser returns to NCAA and maybe Demko turns pro. Far from official, but that's his "sense"

— Blake Price (@BlakePriceTSN) March 9, 2016

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Benning said it was only his gut feeling that Boeser will return to college, nothing set in stone at this moment. I agree, if he feels he's ready and wants to turn pro then it just might happen.

Benning suggests his gut is telling him that Boeser returns to NCAA and maybe Demko turns pro. Far from official, but that's his "sense"

Well bennings a idiot so not sure what it all means at this point and time

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
Demko had damn well better be turning pro.

Considering the learning curve for most goaltending prospects, it's in his interest to move up to the A to start getting a feel for the pro game as soon as possible. Not much left for him to gain in college hockey.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013

Wow I'll consider that movement from earlier this year when Jim and Trev sounded certain Boeser would be back in NCAA next year. I'll consider this a step forward. Maybe they've recieved a signal from Boeser's camp?

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Wow I'll consider that movement from earlier this year when Jim and Trev sounded certain Boeser would be back in NCAA next year. I'll consider this a step forward. Maybe they've recieved a signal from Boeser's camp?

I hope so, would like him to get time with the big team at camp next year.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
If he continues to progress the way he is playing, then he's a lock to be in the top 6 in 2017. Likely follow a TJ Oshie career path.

Maybe, would like to see him in camp before making that decision.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Sounds exactly the same, just a little more vague the second time.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls

Linden visited Boeser at UND not long ago, so the "signals" might be in fact a face-to-face conversation between Boeser and Linden (and Boeser's "representative"/ agent too?)

Other NCAA draftees (Schroeder, Raymond, Schneider) reported periodic in-season communication between various management types and themselves, so the lines are open, at very least. Then there's communication with the representative, which could be weekly for all we know. I suppose the Benning regime could be less communicative that previous regimes (except for Linden's personal visit lol), but with Jimbo being such a hands-on scout type, I doubt it.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC

Well, Benning said he felt that the Canucks were a 100 point team going to make a playoff push, Prust was a character player and Sbisa was worth targeting in the Kesler deal, so his opinions sometimes turn out...different.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Well, Benning said he felt that the Canucks were a 100 point team going to make a playoff push, Prust was a character player and Sbisa was worth targeting in the Kesler deal, so his opinions sometimes turn out...different.

Yes, every time you think the Canuck braintrust finally has realistic grasp of where this team is at, you shudder to recall Jimbo's assessment of the squad before the season....and then you come to grips with the Miller, Dorsett and Sbisa contracts, and the dread about the future starts up all over again.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
Id like to see Boeser play another year in college. I dont want him around the tire fire that is the canucks for at least another year.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Id like to see Boeser play another year in college. I dont want him around the tire fire that is the canucks for at least another year.

Me too.

He will have Tyson Jost as his line-mate next year, and potentially schmaltz if he returns.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Tonights game I didn't think Boeser had a great night.

Only a couple scoring chances. Colorado was playing very physical on Boeser specifically. They gave Boeser very little space to shoot and mostly forced him to the outside.

Even then Boeser still got 2 points. You really can't shut down this UND team it's incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad