Player Discussion: Adam Gaudette (#882)

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Just like you can't blame Benning for everything, you can't give him all the credit.

We have a fantastic College scout in Judd Brackett who's responsible for a lot of our late round and late 1st round hits

Yeah, I think that we should Brackett a whole lot of credit.

If you want to credit Benning I guess you can say that he had the eye to promote Brackett.

We don't really know what went on besides the scenes. Maybe it was all Brackett or maybe Gaudette was identified based on the criteria Benning was looking for.

What we do know is that Brackett went from a part-time scout to the director of amateur scouting under Benning in basically a year's time.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I thought speed was suppose to be a problem? From that goal it is a plus at least in the NCAA. He looke liked McDavid there.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I thought speed was suppose to be a problem? From that goal it is a plus at least in the NCAA. He looke liked McDavid there.

Watch a lot of his highlights this season, he has clearly improved his speed. Skating isn't a issue anymore

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Guess that means he'll be wearing 42 for us.

Yep, crazy ol' Joseph we used to call him. :loony:

7065.Beranek%20Jersey.bmp

:P

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Well, there goes the nitpicking from some posters......"no breakaway speed and scores all his goals on the pp".......spotted the d-man half the distance between and offensive blueline and center ice and still blew past him to score a shorty.....based on my limited viewing in the prospects development camp, this kid will fill some role in an NHL lineup.....as a fifth rounder, even a third-line center role would be a huge bonus.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Craig Button believes he has top 6 potential. He's incredibly high on him just like he was with Boeser. Excited to hopefully see him in some games at the end of the year.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yes...and Button also saying that Gaudette is a candidate for the U.S. Olympic team in February he's been so good....and Juolevi also a candidate for the Finns......maybe a reason to follow the men's hockey Olympic Tournament after all.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Not too reassuring. In the next couple years. I guess if it is in the first year and a half good. Last half year bad. I think he comes after his university is done. It will be more money he seems very confident so why wait. Could get injured any time quite a risk for him.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
The anxiety over NCAA players not signing is incredibly annoying.

Any prospect who gets drafted from any league can elect not to sign and become a free agent, but for some reason people only worry about it for college prospects.

He will sign. It is literally not even worth talking about, and the trolling of M2B is getting old.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Lol, who was it that made Coach AV laugh hysterically when he suggested Wellwood was a man possessed? I can't seem to remember who it was. It wasn't Botch, was it?

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
The anxiety over NCAA players not signing is incredibly annoying.

Any prospect who gets drafted from any league can elect not to sign and become a free agent, but for some reason people only worry about it for college prospects.

He will sign. It is literally not even worth talking about, and the trolling of M2B is getting old.

I might be making your point, but when's the last time a non NCAA player refused to sign w a team and then signed elsewhere as a FA? I can think of just a handful of NCAA examples, but zero non NCAA.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I might be making your point, but when's the last time a non NCAA player refused to sign w a team and then signed elsewhere as a FA? I can think of just a handful of NCAA examples, but zero non NCAA.

Happened recently with Reid Duke. Drafted by Minnesota in 2014 out of the WHL. The Wild were unable to sign him by last off-season and lost his rights; he ended up being the first free agent signing of the Vegas Golden Knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad