Player Discussion: Adam Gaudette (#882)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
http://www.tsn.ca/hot-button-issues-gaudette-turns-heads-watch-for-merkley-and-thomas-1.883999

Button loves him.
Vancouver Canucks pick Adam Gaudette may earn a place on Team USA at the 2018 Winter Olympics, judging by his performance early this season. The 21-year-old centre has one goal and five points in two games with Northeastern after scoring 26 goals and 52 points in 38 games in 2016-17. Gaudette, 6-foot-1 and 184 pounds, was a Canucks’ fifth-round pick in 2015 (149th overall). Since then, he has developed into an authentic NHL prospect.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Have a good feeling about this Gaudette pick.....reminding me more and more of a poor man's Mark Scheifele......plays with some sandpaper in his game, along with the skill.....Canucks looking solid down the middle with Horvat, Pettersson and Gaudette by 2019.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Okay @Reseob ot Etteduag I need to get this straight since you know a lot about Gaudette.....is he really considering pro tennis over hockey?? That would be such Canucks luck to have a quality prospect like that spurn the team in favour of a pro tennis career!!

I heard that too but not sure if true and if is never saw anything saying hes gonna quit hockey for tennis. But some people here seem SOOO negative on all our prospects. Some crap (Juol) some great (Gaudette Boeser)

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
The Olympic thing is rumor I have heard elsewhere recently and it's scares me a little. Seems like the perfect pathway to unrestricted free agency to me.

Well he’d have to return to college for one more year plus couldn’t sign until after July so essentially pushed back his post-ELC contract by two full years. Strong disincentive for him to do that.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The Olympic thing is rumor I have heard elsewhere recently and it's scares me a little. Seems like the perfect pathway to unrestricted free agency to me.

just paranoia he aint going anywhere else hes pretty much confirmed it. Check out his twitter too

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014

just paranoia he aint going anywhere else hes pretty much confirmed it. Check out his twitter too

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Aint workin pal
Works fine for me, pal. You're missing out.

0ae6546c0d140ebe8f83e8a69fe20939.png

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Quinnipiac scores in OT. Gaudette is a minus on the play.

No more Gaudette until Friday. Must be midterm week.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Too bad

Didnt watch much of the game infact just a few of his shifts and altho nothing happend he did have a tendancy to always be going to the smart areas looking for a play. He kinda seemed ahead of the other players in planning what would happen next. Mauybe im just looking for that tho as Im a big fan of his but impressed with his hockey IQ

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
I haven't loved his game so far this year, I feel like he isn't playing with quite as much pace and isn't as dynamic as last year. Perhaps playing too many minutes. He's been a bit of a slow starter in the past though so maybe he'll pick it up. Dylan Sikura looks like the better player right now.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Watched Gaudette play in Rochester last weekend. Good skater and overall good player but honestly I was expecting a little more.

He did have two assists....the first a nice primary assist when he went down the left side and hit a trailer coming down the middle in stride. The second was a secondary assist as Northeastern moved the puck around on the power play. However I expected him to be more noticeable and drive the play more than he did especially against what should have been a weaker RIT team.

On the positive side Gaudette was very good on faceoffs and did make a number of nice little plays defensively in his own end.

The game was great as RIT jumped out to a 3 - 0 lead before Northeastern came back to tie it. Neither team scored in OT so the game ended at 3 a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad