Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sunday 26 December

Liverpool x Leeds - postponed
Wolverhampton x Watford - postponed
Burnley x Everton - postponed

Man City x Leicester
Norwich x Arsenal
Tottenham x Crystal Palace - not postponed?
West Ham x Southampton
Aston Villa x Chelsea
Brighton x Brentford

Monday 27 December

Newcastle x Man Utd

Tuesday 28 December

Arsenal x Wolverhampton - postponed
Crystal Palace x Norwich
Southampton x Tottenham
Watford x West Ham
Leeds x Aston Villa - postponed
Leicester x Liverpool

Wednesday 29 December

Chelsea x Brighton
Brentford x Man City

Thursday 30 December

Everton x Newcastle - postponed
Man Utd x Burnley

Last edited:

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Everton has 5 COVID-19 cases and 6 injuries, guess who is still being made to play Boxing Day heh

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Leicester get screwed again, now they get a rested Liverpool lol
Leicester have the miracle cure. They’ll be okay. At least game will be on normal rest now

Good News- I can sleep in now.
Bad News - Robertson out of Chelsea game now. Can’t boost GD against Leeds C team like City did.

Horrible Everton’s request was denied.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I'm just happy that Spurs have dealt with their Covid-outbreak already. No new positives and most of them are getting boosters now.

Reactions: robertmac43

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Leicester have the miracle cure. They’ll be okay. At least game will be on normal rest now

Good News- I can sleep in now.
Bad News - Robertson out of Chelsea game now. Can’t boost GD against Leeds C team like City did.

Horrible Everton’s request was denied.
That is the main problem I have with this... that and not watching LFC on the 26th

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Change of heart after a Second request

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Only because the first time they asked they didn't meet the criteria for cancellation (<14 players). Second time they actually met the criteria so the game has been postponed.
Right but the criteria is bologna. Who decided what numbers it should be and why is it not arbitrary

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I agree with Savant that we're getting to a point here where there's a way bigger asterisk to this season than Project Restart. The competitive balance is completely getting screwed here with these cancellations - some teams are about to actually get the backhand of the Christmas schedule and others aren't. Forget for a moment that some clubs have had to play shorthanded and/or against weakened sides.

I don't have a solution, but it sucks.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I agree with Savant that we're getting to a point here where there's a way bigger asterisk to this season than Project Restart. The competitive balance is completely getting screwed here with these cancellations - some teams are about to actually get the backhand of the Christmas schedule and others aren't. Forget for a moment that some clubs have had to play shorthanded and/or against weakened sides.

I don't have a solution, but it sucks.
Reckon clubs who had that advantage will eventually have to play without their key players vs clubs who got their players back from COVID protocol.

Think it will all balance itself out.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Right but the criteria is bologna. Who decided what numbers it should be and why is it not arbitrary

Well I was going to say it's not arbitrary, it's the minimum you need to play a game - 11 starters and 3 subs, including a goalie.

But then we see Palace gets a game called off because 2 backroom staff test positive?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I saw that Tuchel mentioned the 5 sub-rule should come back and I totally agree. The schedule is going to be wild with postponed games coming back in rapid succession.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad