GWT: PL Matchweek 5

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Dive is the wrong word. Running out of your way to initiate contact and then fall over is a better description than dive. Not sure what you would call that.
I mean Coufal still throws his leg out and that makes it pen worthy. Ronaldo doesn't get out of the way, as he should, and I get why they didn't call it.. It could go either way and I don't think it'd be the wrong call.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You know I don’t mean stabbing someone with a knife. Sticking your leg out isn’t a penalty worthy offense.

Several former players who are pundits these days have been saying for year that players shouldn't give the ref chance to give penalty with plays like that. Even before VAR, those were called penalties about 90% of the time.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's incredibly clear knee on knee contact?
They called a foul for the boot to the knee.

upload_2021-9-19_11-45-44.png

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Mount and Havertz have been having some Willian moments in possession recently

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I mean Coufal still throws his leg out and that makes it pen worthy. Ronaldo doesn't get out of the way, as he should, and I get why they didn't call it.. It could go either way and I don't think it'd be the wrong call.
Just putting your leg out isn't a penalty. If someone blocks a shot and another player goes and runs into the outstretched leg, it isn't magically a penalty. Ronaldo didn't run after the ball, he ran after Coufal's leg. That shouldn't be a penalty.
Several former players who are pundits these days have been saying for year that players shouldn't give the ref chance to give penalty with plays like that. Even before VAR, those were called penalties about 90% of the time.
Oh good we have the former players arguments. But it doesn't even help your argument because what they're saying is yeah, the reason they say you shouldn't give the refs the chance is because it shouldn't be a penalty but a ref might call it that way.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Actually decent by Spurs. I think we would have needed 1-0 as Chelsea will definitely grow into this game But nice to see that we are decent when we actually try to play.

Silva is so good. Ridiculous considering his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad