GWT: PL Matchweek 4

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Struijk ways seems like one of those guys that are just never in control. There's a few guys like that that just tackle first and worry about everything else later.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The quality of Mane finishing and decision making is shockingly bad. He should focus on his shot placement instead of always going for power. At some point he had the gk and the defender down and had a wide open net if he placed the ball at the net instead of going down with power.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Yeah I don't really want to watch it again, but it almost looked too high up for me to be just his ankle but I just hope whatever it is he can come back from it. Young enough, hopefully, to make a full recovery.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Not sure it's an ankle break, maybe fibula. Bad injury but here's hoping he recovers well during this season. Too many years ahead, don't rush it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Dislocated Ankle at minimum (official)

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

This statement pisses me off more than the actual game. Spurs had zero shots in the first half compared to Palace's seven. What control?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Even considering the Elliott injury...that was the best Liverpool have played in at least a year. And they have everyone else fit and ready to go so it could be worse. Thiago, Salah, Matip, Jota were all brilliant here.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Even considering the Elliott injury...that was the best Liverpool have played in at least a year. And they have everyone else fit and ready to go so it could be worse. Thiago, Salah, Matip, Jota were all brilliant here.
There were worries. It was not perfect and yes had they been more clinical (Mane) the game would have been more lopsided but opposite teams are still too often able to play long balls behind the line.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
E_HCzj_XIAUHdqj

I can see why Klopp lost his mind from this angle. Seriously wtf.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
E_HCzj_XIAUHdqj

I can see why Klopp lost his mind from this angle. Seriously wtf.
That is a great view. His right leg is "fine" because he can win the ball (and he did) ahead of Elliott the problem is the jump with a trailing leg and that is exactly what happened the defender left leg landed on Harvey Elliott and that is exactly why it is a leg breaker challenge and an obvious red card. Now hopefully Elliott can return in full form.

The rule is not just winning the ball it's also being in control of your body.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad