Rumor: PK Subban on Tradeblock

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Yet he only got Zadorov, now he's worth P.K Subban? Please tell me what ROR has done since leaving the avs to up his asking price 1000%? Is it because he won a few more faceoffs?

He stopped being a rental. Not that he's worth PK, but there's a value increase from having a contract.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
If you downgrade Nylander to Brown and Toronto adds something else, I'd listen. That is still quite a haul for you.

Brown would fit right into nashville and would be financially prudent.

Also, after resigning Nylander, you would add likely 6m+zaitsevs 4/4.5 I forget. I don't know how much room you're going to have.

Subban 9,000,000 (Nylander Estimated RFA (4,000,000) + Zaitsev (4,500,000)= Net cap gain for the Preds 2,500,000. Current cap space at an 80 million cap. 11.8 Million.

I can hear Toronto fans screaming "Only 4 million!!!" 1. RFA years 2. Signing with Nashville means no income tax. To give you a hint, moving PK from Montreal to Nashville paid for the donations to the Montreal hospital. 10 million dollars over 7 years = 1.428 Million dollars.

And Brown is a downgrade on Nylander. In the post, I said the moon not just the Sea of Tranquility. Just be lucky I did not say Marner.

Jan 21, 2018
He stopped being a rental. Not that he's worth PK, but there's a value increase from having a contract.

that's just hfboards garbage logic, especially when it comes to RFAs. Unless you think ROR was going to quit playing hockey because he was an unsigned RFA, there's no logic to believe his value went up because he re-signed with Buffalo. He would have re-signed with basically any team that paid him a tonne of money, which is exactly what Buffalo did.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
that's just hfboards garbage logic, especially when it comes to RFAs. Unless you think ROR was going to quit playing hockey because he was an unsigned RFA, there's no logic to believe his value went up because he re-signed with Buffalo. He would have re-signed with basically any team that paid him a tonne of money, which is exactly what Buffalo did.

I don't think it's a garbage logic for a pending UFA.

Do you suppose Tarvares is worth more in trade now, or after he signs a contract?

Jan 21, 2018
I don't think it's a garbage logic for a pending UFA.

Do you suppose Tarvares is worth more in trade now, or after he signs a contract?

Irrelevant, because any team that trades assets to acquire Tavares will already know that they can re-sign him.

There's a lot of players where you point holds true though, that's why I was speaking about RFAs.

Anyways to stay on topic my point is that ROR's value didn't increase just because he re-signed with Buffalo. Maybe if he signed a sweetheart deal but he was easily overpaid at the time.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Irrelevant, because any team that trades assets to acquire Tavares will already know that they can re-sign him.

There's a lot of players where you point holds true though, that's why I was speaking about RFAs.

Anyways to stay on topic my point is that ROR's value didn't increase just because he re-signed with Buffalo. Maybe if he signed a sweetheart deal but he was easily overpaid at the time.

How can a team know the UFA they trade for will be resigned by them? Is Nash 100% resigning in Boston?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why is there this rumour??? From things Predators players and management have said, they seem to like him there!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
How can a team know the UFA they trade for will be resigned by them? Is Nash 100% resigning in Boston?

Because any team that acquired his rights now, would ask him, if he was willing to sign with them, otherwise they don't waste assets on him. This stuff happens all the time, whether or not it is proper/legal/or otherwise. Bishop and Turris are just two recently acquired players who had new deals within short order of the trade announcement.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Because every times hockey players or management have a problem with someone, they make sure to air it in public...

Some players will go for the politically correct thing to say to the media, so you don't know if it's true or not, but there's stuff that is obviously genuine, like when Scott Hartnell said:

DVhb9ZVXUAAZsie.jpg

And also, I remember Rinne last year, on the Players Tribune, he said a lot of good things about Subban, and his positive impact in the locker room. He barely talked about any other of his teammates, so it's not like he had to say anything positive about Subban.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I won't be as PC this time.
If you still think there is a possibility of PK being traded, stop posting on HFboards or just stop posting on this thread.

It's literally pointless. The coach, GM, have stated that we aren't doing any big changes in the locker room. The teammates clearly love being around Subban. The players went up to Coach, GM to request no big moves.

Even when we Lost to PIT and paparazzis were up to the Preds' meeting/dinner, PK was the 1st to ask for the paparazzis to stop harassing other teammates. Rinne had a Players Tribune article basically made about Subban. On top of every single time teammates have been with him to promote his gear or with him at the childrens hospital.. There is literally nothing at all that supports a trade. NOTHING. Even the taxes are way better in NSH.

Stop posting trade proposals and accept that Subban will be a Pred for a while. And I would love that while to be the rest of his career, and I think a lot of current Preds would easily state the same.

There should be nothing to discuss.

LOUISVILLE ICE CARDS

Washed up College Hockey Player OSU18 Uofl 2021
May 7, 2013
Louisville Kentucky
If you still think there is a possibility of PK being traded, stop posting on HFboards or just stop posting on this thread.

It's literally pointless. The coach, GM, have stated that we aren't doing any big changes in the locker room. The teammates clearly love being around Subban. The players went up to Coach, GM to request no big moves.

Even when we Lost to PIT and paparazzis were up to the Preds' meeting/dinner, PK was the 1st to ask for the paparazzis to stop harassing other teammates. Rinne had a Players Tribune article basically made about Subban. On top of every single time teammates have been with him to promote his gear or with him at the childrens hospital.. There is literally nothing at all that supports a trade. NOTHING. Even the taxes are way better in NSH.

Stop posting trade proposals and accept that Subban will be a Pred for a while. And I would love that while to be the rest of his career, and I think a lot of current Preds would easily state the same.

Agreed :clap:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

I think it's reasonable for fans of other teams to make proposals for a great player like PK Subban especially if there were rumors floating around he might be available. Pretty unlikely I bet, but that's what these boards are all about.

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I think it's reasonable for fans of other teams to make proposals for a great player like PK Subban especially if there were rumors floating around he might be available. Pretty unlikely I bet, but that's what these boards are all about.
THE POINT IS THAT THOSE RUMORS WERE STARTED BACK WHEN HE WASN'T A PRED AND A PART OF MTL, SO IT'S NOT CREDIBLE AT ALL

''I do believe that two years ago when Colorado was trying to trade Matt Duchene to Nashville and Nashville was trying to get him, I do believe Subban was part of that deal for awhile. I think Colorado asked for all of those D, but I think Subban was a name that they considered. But that was two years ago.''- Elliotte Friedman
Factually incorrect. We haven't had Subban for 2 calendar years yet but Friedman is talking about a trade involving him so we wouldn't be getting Subban for Weber, but Duchene for someone. And Colorado would be the 3rd party.

''I think he wears out his welcome with guys. I think he get (under) people's skin in the room. I think his value is huge around the league because he is that talented. Any chance they would consider making that sort of move.'' - Chris Nichols of FanRag Sports Network
More recent but isn't really based on any facts.
Throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks. This is also factually incorrect at this point. PK is loved by the fans and his teammates. And the team isn't going to turn on him when we get our 1st Presidents trophy and West clincher along how he played in the playoffs.
There is no evidence of any feuds in the Preds locker room.

Last edited:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
THE POINT IS THAT THOSE RUMORS WERE STARTED BACK WHEN HE WASN'T A PRED AND A PART OF MTL GOSH

Hey whoa, put the brakes on. This was in April:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/wilde-pk-subban-on-the-trading-block-1.466942

It's a Montreal broadcast and this guy may be talking right out of his a$$ but seriously, on a rumors and trade proposals board this is bound to come up. Even IF there were no rumors it isn't out of the ordinary for people to make trade proposals about a D-man like Subban. Hell I almost post one yesterday but I couldn't figure out a decent return for the Preds.

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Hey whoa, put the brakes on. This was in April:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/wilde-pk-subban-on-the-trading-block-1.466942

It's a Montreal broadcast and this guy may be talking right out of his a$$ but seriously, on a rumors and trade proposals board this is bound to come up. Even IF there were no rumors it isn't out of the ordinary for people to make trade proposals about a D-man like Subban. Hell I almost post one yesterday but I couldn't figure out a decent return for the Preds.
This was in April yes. Of 2016. :)
TSN even says 'Subban of Canadiens'. Do you see where we Preds fans have a problem with these sort of 'rumors'? There is no trade about to happen and Subban isn't shopped at all.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
This was in April yes. Of 2016. :)
TSN even says 'Subban of Canadiens'. Do you see where we Preds fans have a problem with these sort of 'rumors'? There is no trade about to happen and Subban isn't shopped at all.

Oh crap man, sorry, wrong link. Good call on 2016.

These are the ones I meant to copy, from earlier this month:

Breaking: PK Subban on trade block after dressing room conflict

Breaking: Subban back on the trade block due to another dressing room feud!

A little bit older, from the summer

Rumor: P.K. Subban was back on the trading block this summer!

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Oh crap man, sorry, wrong link. Good call on 2016.

These are the ones I meant to copy, from earlier this month:

Breaking: PK Subban on trade block after dressing room conflict

Breaking: Subban back on the trade block due to another dressing room feud!

A little bit older, from the summer

Rumor: P.K. Subban was back on the trading block this summer!
Last one is based on the need for Duchene we filled with Turris, and the value is way off.
1st 2 are regurgitating the situation I quoted in #518

Any more questions or do you want to make a proposal just because these totally credible rumors say that Subban is on the trade block? :)

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Don't give me that Friedman BS.

Sakic: I want Subban

Poile: No, not a chance.

Friedman: Subban was part of a hypothetical Duchene deal for a while!

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Don't give me that Friedman BS.

Sakic: I want Subban

Poile: No, not a chance.

Friedman: Subban was part of a hypothetical Duchene deal for a while!
And it's basis for trade proposals because he's totally on the trade block!
How this thread isn't closed is beyond me. The situation should be clear as day to every single reader on what is going on. Friedman wants clicks. That's what.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Look, you're taking this waaaay too personally. Some stuff was said in the media about PK Subban being available. Probably click-bait. Totally agree with you.

You log onto HF boards, go to the trade rumors and free agents board and you're angry people are making trade proposals for PK ?

C'mon.

PK is awesome. Everybody is gonna want him. Hell I am going to post another deal today. Why not? It's kinda fun. :)

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Look, you're taking this waaaay too personally. Some stuff was said in the media about PK Subban being available. Probably click-bait. Totally agree with you.

You log onto HF boards, go to the trade rumors and free agents board and you're angry people are making trade proposals for PK ?

C'mon.

PK is awesome. Everybody is gonna want him. Hell I am going to post another deal today. Why not? It's kinda fun. :)
When I log onto this site I expect to see some interesting trade proposals when a player could be on the move, not a firesale of x teams spare parts for my teams Norris contender.
Especially when there are no grounds for any kind of trade to begin with.

Try starting the same thread for Pietrangelo or Hedman and see how quickly it is closed. This thread was started on a false premise and was let loose. I'm not offended or taking this personally, I'm fed up with the narrative of 'locker room cancer xd trade him asap' coupled with your attitude of 'you can make any proposal you want', along with taking rumors at face value and not researching at all, even when proposals aren't realistic at all as the dollars or value is off.

Last edited:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
When I log onto this site I expect to see some interesting trade proposals when a player could be on the move, not a firesale of x teams spare parts for my teams Norris contender.
Especially when there are no grounds for any kind of trade to begin with.

Try starting the same thread for Pietrangelo or Hedman and see how quickly it is closed. This thread was started on a false premise and was let loose. I'm not offended or taking this personally, I'm fed up with the narrative of 'locker room cancer xd trade him asap' coupled with your attitude of 'you can make any proposal you want', along with taking rumors at face value and not researching at all, even when proposals aren't realistic at all as the dollars or value is off.

Never said that.

You're damn right I can do that.

Said they were likely click bait.

I do a lot of research before I post.

This can happen a lot because every fan base over-values their assets, Edmonton included.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad