Series Talk: Pittsburgh vs. New York (Islanders lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Glad I didn’t get up early for this one. Highlights look like they got a couple lucky goals and then we lost our minds in the 3rd? Accurate?

Were we ever really in it?

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
L1 is a huge problem. Through 4 playoff games...

Carter 4 points
Letang 3 points
Gaudreau 3 points
Kapanen 2 points
Malkin 2 points
Dumoulin 2 points
Zucker 1 point
Tanev 1 point
Ceci 1 point
McCann 1 point
Pettersson 1 point
Rodrigues 1 point

Crosby 1 point
Rust 1 point
Guentzel 1 point

Reactions: TNT87 and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Glad I didn’t get up early for this one. Highlights look like they got a couple lucky goals and then we lost our minds in the 3rd? Accurate?

Were we ever really in it?

not really, despite what Sid wants you to believe lol...we had moments but the majority of each period, I think it’s fair to say, the Isles controlled the game and had the better opportunities...penalties contributed to that...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Carter 4 points
Letang 3 points
Gaudreau 3 points
Kapanen 2 points
Malkin 2 points
Dumoulin 2 points
Zucker 1 point
Tanev 1 point
Ceci 1 point
McCann 1 point
Pettersson 1 point
Rodrigues 1 point

Crosby 1 point
Rust 1 point
Guentzel 1 point

yes, but context...L1 is consistently going against Pelech and Pulock, who are really really good...also the Clutterbuck line a lot...they are small....fact is I was telling people repeatedly before the playoffs that GCR won’t be an effective PO line...Jake and Rust may be hurt but that line was never going to do much against bigger teams...if/when we fall to the Isles, people should blame Sullivan for not doing something about that...his failure to adapt his lineup in the playoffs has been a major failing the last few years...

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I guess we’ll see what the Pens are made of on Monday. I know some are calling for changes in the lineup but I’m pretty sure Sully doesn’t have the balls to do anything. He’s a die on a hill type of guy.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I guess we’ll see what the Pens are made of on Monday. I know some are calling for changes in the lineup but I’m pretty sure Sully doesn’t have the balls to do anything. He’s a die on a hill type of guy.

yes, he’s going to go down with the Titantic...hopefully that relieves him of his coaching duties next season...he’s not a leader of men

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Carter 4 points
Letang 3 points
Gaudreau 3 points
Kapanen 2 points
Malkin 2 points
Dumoulin 2 points
Zucker 1 point
Tanev 1 point
Ceci 1 point
McCann 1 point
Pettersson 1 point
Rodrigues 1 point

Crosby 1 point
Rust 1 point
Guentzel 1 point

thems the facts. Sid and Jake are paid to score. Everyone else is satisfying their cap hit.

Jarry is not really impressing me, but he won us a game. (G2). Hard to fault him at his cap hit.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Everyone at forward has sucked except Carter. Rust is downright a detriment. Jake's not only ineffective but acting like a brat all game long. Geno's balsawood leg is mangled up and his effectiveness is hampered mightily. Sid's been solid defensively but you kinda need your ~$9 million 1C to produce. Kap's hustled, which is great, but points are better. McCann's a f***ing ghost, as usual. Zucker's as much of a non-factor as he's been all year. Etc.

Jarry's looked shaky as f*** in every one of the games except game 2, but he wasn't the reason we lost today. Two goals were not on him at all, but his body language said it was only a matter of time before the Isles scored again anyway. But again, scoring support goes a long way toward winning games. Who would've thought.

trader997

Oct 17, 2008
Montreal
Am I the only one in this fanbase who is freakin tired of seeing Letang constantly barking at refs for nothing after getting an obvious penalty like today or that another player did not get a penalty for what he did to him. He's a moron and we all know it but man, give this guy some medication and stop with the temper tantrum already. It happens every single time he gets in the box, every single time. The 1st goal too was his fault when he kept pushing Beauvillier on Jarry like a madman because Beauvillier kept his hand on his stick. He's a loose canon out there and his tantrum often ends up costing the Pens.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Am I the only one in this fanbase who is freakin tired of seeing Letang constantly barking at refs for nothing after getting an obvious penalty like today or that another player did not get a penalty for what he did to him. He's a moron and we all know it but man, give this guy some medication and stop with the temper tantrum already. It happens every single time he gets in the box, every single time. The 1st goal too was his fault when he kept pushing Beauvillier on Jarry like a madman because Beauvillier kept his hand on his stick. He's a loose canon out there and his tantrum often ends up costing the Pens.

no I think 90% of the fanbase makes stupid comments about Letang.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Maybe if you "watched the games" you'd comprehend Letang has been quite self-disciplined this year? A model citizen, really.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't think breaking up the top line does anything. We're swapping around miserable parts to get different combinations that produce the same miserable outcome, imo. Geno should be at home resting up a surgically repaired leg, not playing. Every winger in the top-9 has sucked. Sid's been a ghost offensively. Carter's the only guy playing well and he's best suited as a 3rd line, reduced minutes player.

Do people expect some great spark to occur when we give a maimed Geno two guys playing like total shit? Do we think an underwhelming Sid gets Zucker to stop being awful like he has been for the past calendar year?

No right options now. Every forward, Carter excluded, has been trash.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
how do you justify not breaking up the 1st line if you're Sully. If he doesn't break that up, that alone should get him canned.
Excellent question. Enough, right? Hell, I'd pay top dollar to see something crazy like Tanev on line 1 or 2 just to see what happens. That dude needs minutes. Jake needs a cheeseburger.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't think breaking up the top line does anything. We're swapping around miserable parts to get different combinations that produce the same miserable outcome, imo. Geno should be at home resting up a surgically repaired leg, not playing. Every winger in the top-9 has sucked. Sid's been a ghost offensively. Carter's the only guy playing well and he's best suited as a 3rd line, reduced minutes player.

Do people expect some great spark to occur when we give a maimed Geno two guys playing like total shit? Do we think an underwhelming Sid gets Zucker to stop being awful like he has been for the past calendar year?

No right options now. Every forward, Carter excluded, has been trash.

I think you still need to try something. Maybe that "something" also doesn't work, but you won't know if you don't try it. Instead, Sullivan just keeps trotting out the exact same line combinations that are struggling right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese