Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If I'm not mistaken he has at least one more year of Junior to go

You're mistaken. This is his final year of junior.

Sure, technically he can return as OA, but in junior terms this year is considered his final year of junior since he's eligible for the AHL (or the way he's going, ECHL) next year.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
It’s hilarious that Jack Johnson calling his own teammate a dirtbag was more of an endictment on Kessel than Johnson.

Hilarious, but not surprising. Cocky and loud = leadership potential! Quiet and awkward = attitude issues!

It's almost like they already had their narrative and wanted to reinforce it rather than try to actually understand Phil's character.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The man clearly hates bikes.

As if on cue, Kessel comes in. He looks around nervously. A few minutes later, Kessel looks gassed on the bike, stopping at seven minutes.

giphy.gif

It’s hilarious that Jack Johnson calling his own teammate a dirtbag was more of an endictment on Kessel than Johnson.

It’s funny the way that works and I can’t say Phil has ever seemed like a dirtbag or you hear about him being one. Lazy and difficult to coach? Sure, but not a bad person. It’s more than enforcing a narrative with Kessel, it’s far beyond that with how the league has treated him.

The nhl has zero ability to handle more than a few personality types.

Reactions: Jacob

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Hilarious, but not surprising. Cocky and loud = leadership potential! Quiet and awkward = attitude issues!

It's almost like they already had their narrative and wanted to reinforce it rather than try to actually understand Phil's character.

Unless they're Sprong ;) Thanks for the link.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’m sure a majority of scouts and FO types were plugs in their playing days and still cling to an old school mentality, and will side with someone like Johnson over Kessel as a result.

In Johnson’s defense he might’ve just been goofing around and some idiot took it the wrong way.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Unless they're Sprong ;) Thanks for the link.

I think it’s if they like someone or not because they’re juvenile or whatever. If Kessel went into that interview acting like Johnson he would have been called a trouble maker. If Johnson had the interview Kessel did he would have been refreshingly honest and aware.

Reactions: Brandinho

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Another thing to like about Bellerive is that he's pretty scrappy. Had another fight tonight, which makes 4 on the year.

He doesn't pick his spots either. The opponent in this tilt (from earlier in the season) was 2 years older and 5 inches taller:

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
You're mistaken. This is his final year of junior.

Sure, technically he can return as OA, but in junior terms this year is considered his final year of junior since he's eligible for the AHL (or the way he's going, ECHL) next year.

No, I've followed Junior for a long time, because next year would be his overage season does not mean this is his final year of junior. Every player is eligible to play the OA year.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
No, I've followed Junior for a long time, because next year would be his overage season does not mean this is his final year of junior. Every player is eligible to play the OA year.

The term "final year of junior" implies the player's final year BEFORE he's eligible to turn pro. If you've followed junior for as much as you say, you'd know this.

Nobody who comments, follows, or is involved in junior describes a player's OA season as their final year of junior.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Shame we had to trade Gustavsson, he had a shut-out last night

Looks like Ohlund has more points than last season already, play-offs are soon.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Sam Lafferty's season ended last night with a 7-1 drubbing to Princeton (lost 8-2 in game 1). Lafferty assisted on all three goals.

Will Reilly and RPI stayed alive, and play the rubber match today against Colgate.

Penn St. knocked off Minnesota for the sweep. Don't think Pavylchev or Phillips played in either game.

Dane Birks and Michigan Tech swept Bemidji St. Will play Bowling Green or Minnesota St in the semis.

Ryan Jones and UNO start their playoffs next week (I mistakenly indicated they were in playoffs this weekend in previous post). I think they'll open up against North Dakota.

Joe Masionus and UConn will open against Boston U (lots of big NHL prospects Bowers, Tkachuk, Fabbro, Carpenter, Krys, Cockerill, Harper, Ottinger) next weekend.

Kasper Bjorkqvist and Providence I believe will see Maine next weekend.

Anthony Angello and Cornell's opponnet for next week will be determined today. (Quinnipiac, RPI or St Lawrence).

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Alex D'Orio hasn't come up on here for some time. He has 3.93 GAA and a .895 SV% in 41 games, but his team(Saint John Sea Dogs) is last in QMJHL with a record of 13-38-11.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah I’d put D’Orio and Miletic as maybes.

Angello might be solid.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
Lucky for us Angello and Lafferty are not midgets. I think at least one of them should be able to push Sheary out of the lineups next season. I've seen enough of Sheary falling down.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Lucky for us Angello and Lafferty are not midgets. I think at least one of them should be able to push Sheary out of the lineups next season. I've seen enough of Sheary falling down.

Neither of those guys are even surefire NHLers and Sheary was better than both in college. Just because they're bigger doesn't mean they'd be better, especially as professional rookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad