Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Hi,

how do you see Bluegers chances of playing any games in the NHL this season?

Can't really say 100% but i do see a chance. Especially with the Center depth at the moment. If Geno or Sid go down tho, they probably move Guentzel to C. Combine that with a possibility that the coaches can't deal with Rowney at C anymore and give Bleuger a spin, i'd say theres a chance.

His chances obviously go further down if and when JR acquires a new 3C tho.

Reactions: Kalv

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Lauzon is still out.
Drozg 0points +2
Hall with another stinker 0points -3
Bellerive 2g1a 2nd star in a 4-3 loss

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
So it looks like Bellerive is our only hope out of the junior prospects. :sarcasm:

Junior skater prospects. D'Orio's numbers are absurd.

Anyway, I give it two weeks before Bellerive's numbers get poo and we decide we're Hall In instead.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Drozg with 2a's in a 4-2 win. Looks like they moved him to wing the last 2 games played after playing some C for the start of the season.

D'Orio 33 shots, 30 saves in a 3-2 loss.
Hall +1, 2shots in a 3-2 win.
Bellerive night off. Plays tomorrow.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Drozg with 2a's in a 4-2 win. Looks like they moved him to wing the last 2 games played after playing some C for the start of the season.

D'Orio 33 shots, 30 saves in a 3-2 loss.
Hall +1, 2shots in a 3-2 win.
Bellerive night off. Plays tomorrow.

I was hoping Hall would have a breakout offensive season this year, but it looks like that was wishful thinking. Really not a fan of drafting guys with almost zero offensive upside/puck moving upside.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Jesus wept, just looked at the subscription package for the AHL, $300!!!!!!

That is over $100 CAD more than I pay for the NHL.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal

Quinney might just be the next Sheary, he's produced at every level.

Sprong with another strong game. He has now scored in 4 straight games.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sprong had a big game today too, with 1 goal and 3 points all at ES. He's at 4 goals and 6 points in 4 games on the year so far. For comparison, Guentzel had 1 goal and 4 points in his first 4 games last year, all of which came in the 1st game of the season.

I'm really curious to see how Quinney does. He had a pretty good season last year in the ECHL, I want to see if he can build off of it.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Which RW should we move to make room for him?
Exactly. For me, it’s the same situation as Jake. Sprong will come up when someone goes down, he will stick, and Hagelin/Rust/Sheary will play on fourth line so Sprong can play top 9. Honestly, a Sheary-McKeeg(Assuming we trade for a 3C)-Reaves might have really good connection with each other.

Guentzel-Crosby-Hornqvist
Rust/Hagelin-Malkin-Sprong/Kessel
Hagelin/Rust-3C-Kessel/Sprong
Sheary-McKeeg-Reaves
*I want Hagelin/Kessel and Rust/Sprong to stay together, just depending on who’s centering them

Now that is a great lineup!

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Which RW should we move to make room for him?

Guentzel - Sid - Sheary/Horny
Rust/Hagelin - Malkin - Kessel
Hagelin/Sheary - McKegg - Horny/Rust
Kuhn/Wilson - Rowney - Reaves

We'd need at least two injuries to right wingers or the willingness to scratch Reaves if we were to play Sprong any time soon. Ideally, we would scratch Reaves and trade Hagelin or Horny to get a high quality 3C which would then free up a roster spot and allow us to play Kessel at 3RW.

More likely, we get several injuries (say, Horny + Rust) and he gets a short crack at 3RW and that's all we see of him this year. Sullivan doesn't seem all that enamored with Reaves, but unfortunately we didn't trade down from a 1st to get someone to sit on the bench.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Exactly. For me, it’s the same situation as Jake. Sprong will come up when someone goes down, he will stick, and Hagelin/Rust/Sheary will play on fourth line so Sprong can play top 9. Honestly, a Sheary-McKeeg(Assuming we trade for a 3C)-Reaves might have really good connection with each other.

Guentzel-Crosby-Hornqvist
Rust/Hagelin-Malkin-Sprong/Kessel
Hagelin/Rust-3C-Kessel/Sprong
Sheary-McKeeg-Reaves
*I want Hagelin/Kessel and Rust/Sprong to stay together, just depending on who’s centering them

Now that is a great lineup!

As this shows, you can call up Sprong now if the team is willing to play both Sheary and Rust on the LW. It's easy. One of Wilson, Kuhn, Archie has to be waived and then a second player like Rowney if we get a 3C

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
As this shows, you can call up Sprong now if the team is willing to play both Sheary and Rust on the LW. It's easy. One of Wilson, Kuhn, Archie has to be waived and then a second player like Rowney if we get a 3C
Rowney is a perfect extra forward. Can play C and RW. With Wilson also an extra in this scenario, we have guys who can play all foward positions as extras. With Kuhn getting waived, package him in a 3C trade, etc: Kuhnhackl+3rd for Sheahan. Archi probably won’t get claimed, and if he is, not a big loss. I would do this team in a second if I was in GMJR’s shoes.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think if Sprong continues to produce and develop the way he has he makes Kessel expendable, but that’s not a trade I’d be making mid-season.

I think he spends most of this season in WB/S and comes up for good next year.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
I think if Sprong continues to produce and develop the way he has he makes Kessel expendable, but that’s not a trade I’d be making mid-season.

I think he spends most of this season in WB/S and comes up for good next year.
Nothing makes Kessel expandable in-season. Unless Sprong+ZAR both step up in major ways, Kessel will not be expandable.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Wouldn't be hard to get Sprong up but no need to rush it/risk losing a player to waivers. If the big club runs into trouble scoring goals then yea, but no problems there yet.

Today/tonights action:

Hall Zeros across the board in a 5-3 win.
Bellerive 1g1a in a 3-1 win.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Wouldn't be hard to get Sprong up but no need to rush it/risk losing a player to waivers. If the big club runs into trouble scoring goals then yea, but no problems there yet.

Today/tonights action:

Hall Zeros across the board in a 5-3 win.
Bellerive 1g1a in a 3-1 win.
Bellerive seems to be lighting it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad