GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Detroit Red Wings

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
There's no probably about it, I am watching it on stream through NHL TV, stop it in the above angle you see the black puck in the webbing clearly over the line.
That makes sense. They started to show that replay from the above angle but then cut away before I could see it clearly.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
There's no probably about it, I am watching it on stream through NHL TV, stop it in the above angle you see the black puck in the webbing clearly over the line.
Hell, from the in front angle you can see his glove swing inside the post.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Hell, from the in front angle you can see his glove swing inside the post.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious that it was as soon as I saw the first replay. He whole glove was basically over the line. And honestly that's his fault. The only reason that looked potentially spectacular was because he was flopped on his stomach for no discernible reason.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Yeah, it was pretty obvious that it was as soon as I saw the first replay. He whole glove was basically over the line. And honestly that's his fault. The only reason that looked potentially spectacular was because he was flopped on his stomach for no discernible reason.
He's stretching out to make a save to his left. Unless you're Jonathan Quick and can do the sideways splits, you're gonna fall forward like that.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
He's stretching out to make a save to his left. Unless you're Jonathan Quick and can do the horizontal splits, you're gonna fall forward like that.

It started with him being basically on his stomach at the beginning of the sequence. He was trying to take away the bottom third of the net, hoping that the cross net pass was taken away. He was trying to play the odds, and got burned.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
That had to be it. Hard to see on my stream other than "looks like it might be a puck..". Maybe possible in full HD and zoomed in. There's been so many situations where pucks end up underneath goalies and you can 99.9% assume the puck is over the line, but if no angle actually captures the entire puck across the goalline they haven't called it a good goal, this seemed similar.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Jensen trying to be a forward and being bailed out by AA and Larkin

Actually its the scheme, not the player. Watch it, you will see they are cycling the defense low and the fowards cycling back to the line and then the forwards go back forward and defense going back. Its supposed to create more pressure.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
It started with him being basically on his stomach at the beginning of the sequence. He was trying to take away the bottom third of the net, hoping that the cross net pass was taken away. He was trying to play the odds, and got burned.
I disagree. He wasn't on his stomach. He's crouched down on his knees covering the near post looking through traffic. The pass is made across to Malkin he stretches to the other post, makes the glove save, then falls forward because he's stretched out and his center of gravity is forward. The fall forward happens after the save.

It was an almost great save by Jimmy.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I disagree. He wasn't on his stomach. He's crouched down on his knees covering the near post looking through traffic. The pass is made across to Malkin he stretches to the other post, makes the glove save, then falls forward because he's stretched out and his center of gravity is forward. The fall forward happens after the save.

It was an almost great save by Jimmy.

But he sacrificed mobility for playing deep and low in the net. If you watch Jimmy this happens a lot more often than a vet should allow.

And a beauty by Frans.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
But he sacrificed mobility for playing deep and low in the net. If you watch Jimmy this happens a lot more often than a vet should allow.

And a beauty by Frans.
That could be. He was definitely sacrificing his mobility to cover the post and see through traffic.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Actually its the scheme, not the player. Watch it, you will see they are cycling the defense low and the fowards cycling back to the line and then the forwards go back forward and defense going back. Its supposed to create more pressure.
My bad then, I just tuned in to the game and that was the first thing I saw

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
My bad then, I just tuned in to the game and that was the first thing I saw

Its been a scheme they've been playing the last ten or so games. Jensen just isn't that good at it so he looks super out of place doing it.

Pens are playing the same scheme and they got burned by Frans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad