Pitlick done for the Season, with torn ACL.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Was wondering when he was going to suffer his annual injury, didn't think it would be this severe though.

Poor guy. Middle of his breakout season in the NHL and get gets nailed with this. I just hope he can recover and make a comeback next year.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Only small silver lining is it happened in December and not in April or later.

He will have time to recover the rest of the year and be able to have close to a normal summer of training and be ready for next year.

LOL - your brain has been broken by being an Oilers fan, always looking forward to the next season. On any other team fans would be saying "damn he only got to play 2.5 months worth of hockey, I wish he could have lasted until April" because your mind would be on success this year.

And that's what's wrong, we needed Pitlick right now, he was a decent contributor.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
i had a thought
this all depends on the injury ofc, i wont pretend to know about torn ACLs but is there a chance he could be back for the playoffs ??

Idk why but he gives me a vibe of pisani in the 2006 playoffs ( i could see him score a bunch of goals ) anyone else getting that vibe from Pitlick?

Kuudere

5-14-6-1
Feb 12, 2015
The City of SpOilers
Damn...really loved Pitlick. Should sign him though, he had potential to score 15 goals this year and that's rare for a bottom 6F. Could probably hit 20 goals if he had a really good season.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

Essentially... Pitlick becomes a UFA because of lack of NHL games accrued during his young career.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Idk why but he gives me a vibe of pisani in the 2006 playoffs ( i could see him score a bunch of goals ) anyone else getting that vibe from Pitlick?

Not if he keeps getting hurt...mind you, then he could be post-playoff Pisani who kept battling back from one major setback only to face another one.

I feel like Letestu would be our playoff Pisani.

As for the rest of the roster, I wonder how they would compare with the 06 team (minus McDavid, cause he's in a class by himself)...

Eberle = Hemsky
Nuge = Horcoff
Maroon = Smyth
Lucic = Torres?
Kassian = Laraque? Harvey?
Drai = Stoll
Pool Party = Samsonov
The Drake = Winchester?
Hendricks = Moreau?
Pitlick = Rem Murray?
Letestu = Pisani?
Pouliot = Dvorak?

Nurse = Smith
Sekera = Spacek?
Larsson = ?
Davidson = Staios?
Benning = Bergeron?
Klefbom = ?

Not at all sure where Pronger and Tarnstrom fit into this scenario. :laugh:

Then of course...

Talbot = Rolie
Gus = Conklin

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
I don't think it's the end of his career. Lots of players had injury problems, I think he's talented enough to come back one day.

Torn acl isn't career threatening. Football running backs get torn acl a lot and come back stronger and I think a knee is much more important in that sport

If he's cheap the oil should look at him. If he's not cheap, they will have to move on

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
LOL - your brain has been broken by being an Oilers fan, always looking forward to the next season. On any other team fans would be saying "damn he only got to play 2.5 months worth of hockey, I wish he could have lasted until April" because your mind would be on success this year.

And that's what's wrong, we needed Pitlick right now, he was a decent contributor.

There's no question we're going to miss him, but at the same time the most important part of this season is just to make playoffs. I sure as hell don't expect this team as young as it is to go anywhere in the playoffs, but you want all these young guys who are the future of this team to get a taste of success to help them grow. Losing Pitlick definitely hurts for making playoffs, but hopefully someone can step up and fill his role.

i had a thought
this all depends on the injury ofc, i wont pretend to know about torn ACLs but is there a chance he could be back for the playoffs ??

For a fully torn ACL with surgery I believe recovery time is closer to 6 months, so I'd say there's essentially next to no chance he returns.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
i had a thought

Hard to say without seeing all his medical data, but usually a torn ACL means he might be up for non-contact on ice practice by the time the cup gets hoisted. It varies depending on if it's a full or partial tear and how his rehab goes etc. Since he has had so many injuries it doesn't make much sense to try and rush him back before next season.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Hard to say without seeing all his medical data, but usually a torn ACL means he might be up for non-contact on ice practice by the time the cup gets hoisted. It varies depending on if it's a full or partial tear and how his rehab goes etc. Since he has had so many injuries it doesn't make much sense to try and rush him back before next season.

Yeah I just looked at a study for the average time line for return to game for elite basket ball players with ACL reconstructions, which I assume Pitlick likely needed given that it was announced he's out for the season, and it was around 8 months. He should be healed for next season, but we won't be seeing him again this year.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
Pitlick injured.

Completely unpredictable.

latest

And by that I mean, totally predictable!

What a string of bad luck for this player.:surrender

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sucks for a hard working young player who was finally breaking through. He was the sort of depth forward that the Oilers have been needing.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
The Pitbull will come back stronger than ever

Chia should waste no time and resign him for cheap for next year. Around 700k a year.

Last edited:

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
I really thought this was the year he would stay healthy but he has the worst luck, tough break for the Kid, I really liked him and rooted for him through the years.
I see a NHL player in him and it's unfortunate he can't stay healthy. He'll be 26 years old next season and hasn't had a even close to a healthy season since 2011-12 with the Barons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad