Confirmed Trade: [PIT/ANA] Dmitry Kulikov for 2024 3rd round pick and Brock McGinn

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
live look at Pens gearing up for a playoff push!

fitness-running-and-group-of-senior-men-doing-exercise-training-and-workout-together-in-park.jpg

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Does Mcginn play with any kind of an edge?
He’s straight up plain white bread. Does what he is supposed to do in the defensive zone. Will rarely make botched plays or get caught trying to extend a play. But he will score 2-4 goals in bunches over a couple of weeks twice a season. Then be an absolute void on the score sheet outside of that. I’d consider him a solid 2nd unit PK also.

Not a bad player just signed for a bit to much and to long for a contending team against the cap. Something that won’t matter to a rebuilding team.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
"Little Brockstar" no more.

Cant believe Blueger, McGinn and Kapanen are all gone in less than a week for the net cost of nothing. But shifting those players, to get another 2 years of Granlund? Cmon

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Does Mcginn play with any kind of an edge?
Sorta. He's not not physical but he's a ways away from Wilson.

He's a good third line wing or a great 4th line wing. Problem was, his production took a nose dive likely being tied to Carter and Kapanen and being buried with dzone starts. He CAN score if put in the right position.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Sorta. He's not not physical but he's a ways away from Wilson.

He's a good third line wing or a great 4th line wing. Problem was, his production took a nose dive likely being tied to Carter and Kapanen and being buried with dzone starts. He CAN score if put in the right position.
I like the trade for my ducks. Ty for the player profile 🙏🏼

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Has he been RD or LD for the Ducks this season? THought he played mostly RD with Hedman at LD during the Cup run?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Has he been RD or LD for the Ducks this season? THought he played mostly RD with Hedman at LD during the Cup run?

He's been playing a lot of RD on the top pairing with Fowler.

Sort of Swiss army knife type depth addition. Obviously you don't want to use him on your top pair but you have someone who can tread water in any situation really.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Oh boy, have I got news for you...
Yeah, he’s really much more of a puck mover and transition defenseman than he is physical or shutdown. I really liked his game for a majority of his time with the Wild, but then he completely imploded in the playoffs and was unplayable after being almost solely responsible for a loss. It sounded like that wasn’t the first time he had a good regular season then bombed out in the playoffs either.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
This is a good deal for the Pens, and on the surface doesn't seem that interesting for the Ducks. Maybe McGinn can find himself in Anaheim, he has decent wheels, just didn't seem to fit here.

Does this mean Pettersson is now dispensible?

Quite a gamble if we trade Pettersson+ for Miller and slot Kulikov in his spot, but if we want to do anything, we need bold moves!

Yes perfect to get dusted by Boston or Carolina in 4 or 5 games.
Hey...you said 5 games. Before it would have been just 4 :naughty:.

What the.. Hextall playing checkers while all the other GMs play chess.
Hextall is playing chess, just working with pawns though :ha:.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
This is a good deal for the Pens, and on the surface doesn't seem that interesting for the Ducks. Maybe McGinn can find himself in Anaheim, he has decent wheels, just didn't seem to fit here.

Does this mean Pettersson is now dispensible?

Quite a gamble if we trade Pettersson+ for Miller and slot Kulikov in his spot, but if we want to do anything, we need bold moves!

Kulikov is a 3rd pairing guy on a good team. I would not give him Pettersson's minutes.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
McGinn is a decent player, but not on that type of contract - at least not for a team like the Pens. The Ducks can afford him and should make better use of him.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad