Value of: Pick #13. BUF looking for top 4 RD

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I'm penalizing him for being a shitty defensive player. This year, when he wasn't inhibited as a shooter, it's 34 for and 52 against while Garland was 40 and 41. Garland's still on for more 5-on-5 goals AND gives up less. Vic's not a good defensive player, full stop. And he's not actually that good of an offensive player either because he gives back everything he does and then some.
Your moving the goal posts.

offensive player means scoring goals. It has nothing to do with net anything.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's someone that a few posters in the Sabres board are banging the drum for.

What do you think he gets contract-wise?
No clue.

Minimum 4 x 4M, but it'll probably be more like 5 x 5M, or 3 x 6M? Any less than 4M, and i'm pretty sure that MN would keep him. He and Middleton are the only Dmen with any snarl to their game, and he is very well liked.

You always have to pay more for UFA's, especially RHD who can skate, move the puck, and are physical, but there is no doubt that his offense has dwindled.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
He played 79 and 80 games last two years. He would be the perfect vett. He makes 6.5 and was paramount in winning the cup.

No retention, 1st 2023 13ova, rights to Ryan Johnson and 2nd 2024

My counter would be 13 OA and Jokiharju. That would essentially be a 1st and 2x 2nds with Johnson becoming a comp pick.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
My counter would be 13 OA and Jokiharju. That would essentially be a 1st and 2x 2nds with Johnson becoming a comp pick.
That's not what it would cost and more money would be going back. I'd say a 2nd + 24 3rd + VO. If St Louis says no, find a a defenseman with more contract flexibility and upside instead of downside. We're not backed into a corner here.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
That's not what it would cost and more money would be going back. I'd say a 2nd + 24 3rd + VO. If St Louis says no, find a a defenseman with more contract flexibility and upside instead of downside. We're not backed into a corner here.

Well, Parayko has a full NTC. That will likely be the limiting factor. Moving him likely would signal the start of a longer rebuild around their younger core. I think he'd have a good bit of value if he provided an ample trade list. I am a bit concerned that you are likely getting 2-4 years of useful play and potentially several years of having an anchor back there. However, if doesn't want to move at all...or only willing to move to to 1 or 2 teams who may not have the cap space, then his value would drop.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Well, Parayko has a full NTC. That will likely be the limiting factor. Moving him likely would signal the start of a longer rebuild around their younger core. I think he'd have a good bit of value if he provided an ample trade list. I am a bit concerned that you are likely getting 2-4 years of useful play and potentially several years of having an anchor back there. However, if doesn't want to move at all...or only willing to move to to 1 or 2 teams who may not have the cap space, then his value would drop.
Good points. I think just about any GM would assume the contract is an overextension so maybe if it's the final piece for a cup run and you're drafting mid to late 20s, it could make sense knowing you can kick the can down the road. 13 is too high and however the value, 6.5M is too big to not send money back.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I wonder if Seattle would be interested in trading Borgen for Bryson...a RHD/LHD swap, especially if Soucy isn't going to re-sign. Botterill drafted Bryson in 2017. Buffalo would add as necessary. I wouldn't mind just taking Driedger's contract but I doubt Buffalo's front office is allowed to spend that way for now.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
I wonder if Seattle would be interested in trading Borgen for Bryson...a RHD/LHD swap, especially if Soucy isn't going to re-sign. Botterill drafted Bryson in 2017. Buffalo would add as necessary. I wouldn't mind just taking Driedger's contract but I doubt Buffalo's front office is allowed to spend that way for now.
No way…Bryson is AHL level d and both those guys are NHl 4/5 - kraken will replace Soucy from their draft pick Evans or get another real d elsewhere. Their assistant gm is their analytics head - she outranks botts and would not be stupid enough to downgrade unless that plus is big

Reactions: Irie

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
No way…Bryson is AHL level d and both those guys are NHl 4/5 - kraken will replace Soucy from their draft pick Evans or get another real d elsewhere. Their assistant gm is their analytics head - she outranks botts and would not be stupid enough to downgrade unless that plus is big
I have to think the Megna acquisition was the Soucy insurance for next season. They are probably comfortable going into next season with Megna, Fleury and Evans competing for that 6th D spot.

Fleury being RHD may be an awkward fit. But having him as depth solves the problem if a RHD is injured, and having Evans available for a call up solves the LHD injury void.

Reactions: KrakenSabresMike

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
UPL for Borgen as a base deal?

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Well yeah the add would be significant, not sure what Sea needs though aside from maybe cutting a few mil in cap. UPL is a thought as stated above.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad