Value of: Pick #13. BUF looking for top 4 RD

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I feel like there isn’t a ton of options league wide…. Maybe 1 of the kings guys, they are pretty deep at RD… and prob need to ship a guy or 2 out.

Reactions: bernmeister

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
You will get garbage proposals…

to get 13OA it would be someone either on ELC or ELC just ended, or they finished year 1 of a 6+ yr contract signed after an ELC ended.

The player would have to be U25 and 4+ yrs of team control Who would be a 2/3 D. And actually shoots right, not just plays on right side.
Sorry to burst your bubble but you would need a top 5 pick + for that and even then I don’t see a team trading a young 2/3 RHD with 4+ years of team control. That’s just not going to happen. Top 4 RHD under 30 are already super rare. What you’re asking for a mid first round pick is insane

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Sorry to burst your bubble but you would need a top 5 pick + for that and even then I don’t see a team trading a young 2/3 RHD with 4+ years of team control. That’s just not going to happen. Top 4 RHD under 30 are already super rare. What you’re asking for a mid first round pick is insane
Chychrun just went for something similar. What trades are you referencing?

Give me an example.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
That’s fine…..just draft one then. Not trading this pick for 3 yr to UFA players or those 28+ with term.
Most likely Buffalo and Vancouver get into a bidding war for Severson as a UFA

not happening.

Saverson doesn’t fit what Buffalo is looking for. If they did sign him, it would be for like 3-4yrs max.

they have to watch their cap in the future come 26/27 season and after when their drafted players are due larger contracts.

if they sign a UFA D for 3 or 4 yrs will affect the bridge length them give Power. Then that expiring money goes to Power on a high 3rd contract.

Reactions: Beauty

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
There are none because nobody in modern nhl has ever traded a known top 5 pick outright for a player. Only times top 5 picks have been moved has bern in same draft pick trades.

Not sure if there is a great option in terms of the 13th…. Unless it’s something like Matt Roy + 2nd…. But my guess is that prob isn’t attractive enough.

Romanov + 4th for 13th overall

Dmen always cost a lot, specially RHD. If I’m Buffalo I prob just sit on it and hope Reinbacher or sandinpallika are there and go with one of them, and sign a stop gap RHD in free agency like Graves/mayfield etc

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Chychrun just went for something similar. What trades are you referencing?

Give me an example.
Isn’t Chychrun LHD?

There are none because nobody in modern nhl has ever traded a known top 5 pick outright for a player. Only times top 5 picks have been moved has bern in same draft pick trades.
Nobody in modern history nhl has ever traded a under 25 years old top 2/3 RHD either. I wonder why…

Not sure if there is a great option in terms of the 13th…. Unless it’s something like Matt Roy + 2nd…. But my guess is that prob isn’t attractive enough.

Dmen always cost a lot, specially RHD. If I’m Buffalo I prob just sit on it and hope Reinbacher or sandinpallika are there and go with one of them, and sign a stop gap RHD in free agency like Graves/mayfield etc
Romanov is a LHD and was hardly a top 4 when traded.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Isn’t Chychrun LHD?

Nobody in modern history nhl has ever traded a under 25 years old top 2/3 RHD either. I wonder why…

Chychrun is a left shot who plays on both sides. Let’s not act like he was less valuable if he shot right.

You did well avoiding an example of a top 5 pick for a second pair RHD too.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Romanov was at the end of his ELC.

id just draft a D. If they aren’t ranked there, they could trade down a few picks and then draft them.

Adams reported the ask from buffalo was higher than what they got from Ottawa.

Roy does not have that value.

Isn’t Chychrun LHD?

Chychrun is a LD who has played on right side.

Romanov was decent enough. Coming off an ELC he had 4+ yrs of team control. I understand why the Isles did it.

are you still looking for thst top 5 pick getting traded?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad