Phoenix CXXXIII: Colonel Shuffle's Last 'Ownership' Hill To Die On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Well at least he said a firm number as opposed to 'a number of options' or something more gauge like that.

Like I mentioned earlier, if there's some serious progress we should hear some firm details around the time of the BOG meeting.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Well at least he said a firm number as opposed to 'a number of options' or something more gauge like that.

Like I mentioned earlier, if there's some serious progress we should hear some firm details around the time of the BOG meeting.

Like the three arenas that Daly stated...:D

JimAnchower

Dec 8, 2012
Reactions: Fairview

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Just a year ago...

NHL confident in Coyotes, intrigued by Seattle in arena news

I'm guessing the three options are downtown Phoenix, tribal lands, and "mystery location". I'll guess ASU was the fourth last year.

While I would like to have something clarified or announced at the BOG meetings, I think we'll have to wait until the opening salvo for the upcoming CBA negotiations before we see major movement on the Coyotes situation. No insider knowledge, no special reading of the winds or news, no special herbs being consumed (even though they grow aplenty here), just a strong hunch.

No, not haunch, I said hunch...

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Seattle expansion vote by NHL Board of Governors could come in fall

The Deputy Commissioner said there was a conference call Friday about the Coyotes' arena situation and there are three possible options for an arena in the East Valley region.

"There continues to be a high level of confidence that they can get something done," Deputy Commissioner Daly said. "A lot of different moving pieces, but a lot of communities in the Valley are interested in helping them out. They don't have anything done yet, but they're working on it."

So is it 3 or a lot??? Or is 3 considered to be "a lot"? In the case of the Coyotes even having just 1 arena option could be seen as "a lot".

Nothing ever clear from the NHL.

Reactions: Llama19 and Killion

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

The Deputy Commissioner said there was a conference call Friday about the Coyotes' arena situation and there are three possible options for an arena in the East Valley region.

"There continues to be a high level of confidence that they can get something done," Deputy Commissioner Daly said. "A lot of different moving pieces, but a lot of communities in the Valley are interested in helping them out. They don't have anything done yet, but they're working on it."

So is it 3 or a lot??? Or is 3 considered to be "a lot"? In the case of the Coyotes even having just 1 arena option could be seen as "a lot".

where have we hear that before... Wake me when they have the arena done and $$$ finalized.

Reactions: Llama19

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I'm happy for Coyotes fans. This saga is finally over now that they have their pick of a new arena location which will provide long term franchise stability.

Let's not jump into conclusions at the arena actually happens. Just cause its being worked on doesn't mean it won't fell apart.

Reactions: Llama19

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The three options are probably the same three options there has always been.

-Stay in Glendale.
-Hope for a dual use arena downtown. (My hope)
-Scottsdale/Reservation

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

No, as per usual as clear as mud.... and as far as I'm concerned Bill Daly about as honest & real as Harcourt Fenton Mudd from the classic Star Trek episode Mudds Women..... This is the same Bill Daly (or Bettman, as they might as well be Siamese Twins) who requested the City of Glendale deposit $25M into escrow as an "insurance premium" that'd very likely never have to be touched with a "closing on the sale of the club pending" & just on & on & on.... So excuse me, but I'm not buying this "three possible options" for one second.... and sorry.

I'm really sorry to be so cynical & distrustful as it relates to the wonderful people of Arizona, the fans, that the NHL is still playing games with them... and that they themselves, the League, they really dont know what their doing. Just parking it, barely going through the motions. Whatever their real plan is here its not the one their suggesting with a new building and "options" locally. Red Herring. Mis-direct. Lying or perhaps delusional not sure. The only option they have locally is to lasso in some real money in the form of a new majority & or minority owners, somehow someway make peace with the COG & work something out thats fair & equitable beyond the already excellent deal they have or get out of Dodge altogether. Leave the State.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
No, as per usual as clear as mud.... and as far as I'm concerned Bill Daly about as honest & real as Harcourt Fenton Mudd from the classic Star Trek episode Mudds Women..... This is the same Bill Daly (or Bettman, as they might as well be Siamese Twins) who requested the City of Glendale deposit $25M into escrow as an "insurance premium" that'd very likely never have to be touched with a "closing on the sale of the club pending" & just on & on & on.... So excuse me, but I'm not buying this "three possible options" for one second.... and sorry. I'm really sorry to be so cynical & distrustful as it relates to the wonderful people of Arizona, the fans, that the NHL is still playing games with them... and that they themselves, the League, they really dont know what their doing. Just parking it, barely going through the motions. Whatever their real plan is here its not the one their suggesting here with a new building and "options" locally. The only option they have locally is to somehow someway make peace with the COG & work something out thats fair & equitable beyond the already excellent deal they have or get out of Dodge altogether. Leave the State.

I disagree, the NHL isn't playing games with anyone. Both the NHL and Coyotes ownership are simply happy right now to put around 25 millions each year in Coyotes losses on the NHL limitless line of credit! (And pretend there's a new arena project moving along) Because thanks to the sports teams values bubble, the team increases in value faster then the money it loses.

That is of course madness. It's defying the laws of economic gravity like Enron. And if the sports teams value bubble pops there will be a reckoning.... but whatever! That's a problem that likely wont show up for a few years.

But like I said before, once the economy turns sour, and the bull transforms into a bear... watch out!

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I disagree, the NHL isn't playing games with anyone. Both the NHL and Coyotes ownership are simply happy right now to put around 25 millions each year in Coyotes losses on the NHL limitless line of credit! (And pretend there's a new arena project moving along) Because thanks to the sports teams values bubble, the team increases in value faster then the money it loses.

That is of course madness. It's defying the laws of economic gravity like Enron. And if the sports teams value bubble pops there will be a reckoning.... but whatever! That's a problem that likely wont show up for a few years.

But like I said before, once the economy turns sour, and the bull transforms into a bear... watch out!

.... wow... I guess I need more caffeine & nicotine then Ace because it sure reads to me like we agree.

GuelphStormer

Mar 20, 2012
Guelph, ON
No, as per usual as clear as mud.... and as far as I'm concerned Bill Daly about as honest & real as Harcourt Fenton Mudd from the classic Star Trek episode Mudds Women..... This is the same Bill Daly (or Bettman, as they might as well be Siamese Twins) who requested the City of Glendale deposit $25M into escrow as an "insurance premium" that'd very likely never have to be touched with a "closing on the sale of the club pending" & just on & on & on.... So excuse me, but I'm not buying this "three possible options" for one second.... and sorry.

I'm really sorry to be so cynical & distrustful as it relates to the wonderful people of Arizona, the fans, that the NHL is still playing games with them... and that they themselves, the League, they really dont know what their doing. Just parking it, barely going through the motions. Whatever their real plan is here its not the one their suggesting with a new building and "options" locally. Red Herring. Mis-direct. Lying or perhaps delusional not sure. The only option they have locally is to lasso in some real money in the form of a new majority & or minority owners, somehow someway make peace with the COG & work something out thats fair & equitable beyond the already excellent deal they have or get out of Dodge altogether. Leave the State.
ah, daly's haulin' out his greatest hits catalog. nice to see. groovin' to the oldies.

there ain't no new arena, everyone knows that, so im not sure what the point of continuing the charade is at this stage. other than trying to avoid another lame duck holding year at the gate, it doesn't really serve any purpose. the team will end up either in seattle or houston or kansas or wherever. somebody should ask elliotte friedman.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
ah, daly's haulin' out his greatest hits catalog. nice to see. groovin' to the oldies.

there ain't no new arena, everyone knows that, so im not sure what the point of continuing the charade is at this stage. other than trying to avoid another lame duck holding year at the gate, it doesn't really serve any purpose. the team will end up either in seattle or houston or kansas or wherever. somebody should ask elliotte friedman.

Seems like Daly is experiencing...
th

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

So in a nutshell.... you’re being skeptical about it?

Actually so am I and a good number of Yotes fans. ;)

Reactions: Killion

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
So in a nutshell.... you’re being skeptical about it?

Actually so am I and a good number of Yotes fans. ;)

It doesnt add up. Theres absolutely not a shred of evidence anywhere that suggests even one let alone three possible options exist. Just no way you could keep that quiet & everyones watching, ears to the ground.... hoping.... waiting.... Theres nothing there. Look, if somebody actually had the Hutzpah to try & pull off another arena in an already overcrowded market and lets just forget ANY public funding even, rhat person or group would be so full of Piss & Vinegar, of self promotion & Pure Brass that theres absolutely no way they could keep their mouths shut.

That type of personality does not keep quiet for long. Be like Trump on steroids. Absolutely theyd be all over the twitterverse, in the media. If you have that kind of $$$, a pair of Balls big enough to Bulldozer your way clean through any fear, to just "Do It" as the old line goes your not zipping your mouth up. Eff the subtlety. Your going in their full-charge & frankly, that whats required if this is ever going to happen. Officers riding beyond No Mans' Land to challenge & bait their opponents, challenging the opposition & naysayers, inspiring the troops FOR REAL.... enough already with the George Armstrong Custers. Fakes & Fools. Vacuous Glory Boys. Arizona deserves the best. Real honor. Real integrity. Enough of this sham. My patience, I think everyones beyond stretched. Sick & tired of being lied to. Watching these idiots fall on their words, swords.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
So Mr. Daly says the 3 options are in the East Valley which rules out going downtown.

Of course no further details on who are they talking to and which of these communities are interested in helping them out. Can't have that now can we. Don't want anyone to go speaking to any of these other 'partners' so see how potential arena plans are coming along, don't want to have anyone say that they have no knowledge of talks or anything along those lines.

So it's effectively the same message that's been being preached for the past 2+ years and likely the same public stance when the BoG meets in just over 3 weeks.....at the very beginning....

Won't a city/tribe please stand up and start an 'event centre assessment committee' already :D

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
It doesnt add up. Theres absolutely not a shred of evidence anywhere that suggests even one let alone three possible options exist. Just no way you could keep that quiet & everyones watching, ears to the ground.... hoping.... waiting.... Theres nothing there. Look, if somebody actually had the Hutzpah to try & pull off another arena in an already overcrowded market and lets just forget ANY public funding even, rhat person or group would be so full of Piss & Vinegar, of self promotion & Pure Brass that theres absolutely no way they could keep their mouths shut.

That type of personality does not keep quiet for long. Be like Trump on steroids. Absolutely theyd be all over the twitterverse, in the media. If you have that kind of $$$, a pair of Balls big enough to Bulldozer your way clean through any fear, to just "Do It" as the old line goes your not zipping your mouth up. Eff the subtlety. Your going in their full-charge & frankly, that whats required if this is ever going to happen. Officers riding beyond No Mans' Land to challenge & bait their opponents, challenging the opposition & naysayers, inspiring the troops FOR REAL.... enough already with the George Armstrong Custers. Fakes & Fools. Vacuous Glory Boys. Arizona deserves the best. Real honor. Real integrity. Enough of this sham. My patience, I think everyones beyond stretched. Sick & tired of being lied to. Watching these idiots fall on their words, swords.

And the totally opposite is also true. If an arena is going to get built anywhere and it is going to have to rely on public funding ( which I'm pretty sure is going to be the case ), there is no way to keep that quite either. Bills need to be tabled and votes need to occur and the right palms need to be greased and the right paperwork filled out. Politicians would be talking about it either in favor or against, and we know they can't stop talking. And so on.

The point being... it doesn't matter if it's public funding or private funding... if an arena was going to be built in the next year or two.. someone would know about it and word would have already gotten out.

Reactions: Fairview

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Won't a city/tribe please stand up and start a committee already :D

Ya you got it Pontiac.... "I'm sorry, cant comment on that matter as theres an ongoing investigation" (or trial or whatever)... "Work in progress, cant disclose site, potential partners, timeline & schedule".... Just take their word for everything Children. All under control. Nothing to see here move along. Forever....

Absolutely beyond appalling is what this has become. Passed that marker actually in 2009 when Bettman under oath lied. Just unbelievable. Youd think with the feral, rabid nature of todays US legal system be it civil or criminal that some ambitious Prosecutor wouldve gone after these idiots, made a name for themselves, but no... no.

I guess what? Its just too obvious or too big a target, and your all full of **** without an ounce of real guts. Intimidated by a Shrimp of a GD Labor Lawyer, by Bill Daly, wont ask followups, wont ask for any proof that you can then verify. Even if we go back to 09; Balsillie? You. Wimped.Out. You should have taken this to the next level.... So. WTF is REALLY going on? Someone somewhere, grow a set already. This is so nuts, so beyond acceptable....

JimAnchower

Dec 8, 2012
The three options are probably the same three options there has always been.

-Stay in Glendale.
-Hope for a dual use arena downtown. (My hope)
-Scottsdale/Reservation

Joking aside about "mystery locations", I think the three locations Daly is referring to are: completely renovated TSRA, new arena in downtown Phoenix, arena on tribal lands.

Ya you got it Pontiac.... "I'm sorry, cant comment on that matter as theres an ongoing investigation" (or trial or whatever)... "Work in progress, cant disclose site, potential partners, timeline & schedule".... Just take their word for everything Children. All under control. Nothing to see here move along. Forever....

Absolutely beyond appalling is what this has become. Passed that marker actually in 2009 when Bettman under oath lied. Just unbelievable. Youd think with the feral, rabid nature of todays US legal system be it civil or criminal that some ambitious Prosecutor wouldve gone after these idiots, made a name for themselves, but no... no.

I guess what? Its just too obvious or too big a target, and your all full of **** without an ounce of real guts. Intimidated by a Shrimp of a GD Labor Lawyer, by Bill Daly, wont ask followups, wont ask for any proof that you can then verify. Even if we go back to 09; Balsillie? You. Wimped.Out. You should have taken this to the next level.... So. WTF is REALLY going on? Someone somewhere, grow a set already. This is so nuts, so beyond acceptable....

This is the exact same thing Daly said last year (except he said something about a fourth location being a possibility, I guess). So nothing has changed. As for the three locations, little has changed as to what we know. With regards to Phoenix, we don't even know if the Coyotes are a partner with the Suns or a sub-tenant (and the council members don't know either). Regardless, nothing has happened in about six months anyway except someone has filed a public records lawsuit and the Coyotes aren't a party to it. Anything on tribal lands is going to be tight-lipped, but that could mean something is going on or nothing is going on.

Reactions: Killion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad