Pre-Game Talk: Philly in the SENS Barn, Saturday 1:00pm (afternoon game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
1 game against one of the cup favourites, and Sens are now inconsistent.
Right, looking back on their history they’ve shown they can be a playoff team.

They lost game 1 to Buffalo last year and have a history of being horrible for the first 20 games. Everyone said it was 1 game but it showed they weren’t ready with a workable coaching plan and the depth to win. And that showed out for the entire season.

You can’t call them consistent if that’s what you’re suggesting

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
But you called Carolina a Cup contender so you can evaluate teams based on rosters and history - that’s all I’m doing too
Ya everyone agrees Carolina is a cup contender, no one agrees 1 game is all it takes to determine they’re inconsistent.
I’m done , as it’s a dumb debate

Reactions: swiftwin

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
They keep the BIG line together like it is as dominant as the CASH line going +30, and even the CASH line was broken up multiple lines to spread the depth.

and now that we CLEARLY need depth, they still keep it together.

makes no f***ing sense lol.

Lmao, what? two of the three goals we scored last game were scored by the depth. In fact, the big line had a pretty bad game.

Batherson generated the most offense last game, then Tkachuk, then Chartier, Kelly and Joseph.
Screenshot_20231013-153208.png

If anything, we need to split the top line because they didn't play well, not the other way around. Obviously it's too early to split them up for that reason. They've earned the right to redeem themselves, and most likely will.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
If it takes DJ the same amount of time to play Smeagol as it did Zub a few years back, that alone is a fireable offence imo

He’s definitely one of our top 12 forwards, not arguable at all. Has some offensive upside too.

I dunno why he makes me think of Freakin Saprykin not stylistically but because they both kind of came out of nowhere and can play up and down the lineup.

You have to think Pierre has a “decent” amount of rope since he reports to Staios but DJ must no doubt be the first to go if we don’t have a good record in about a month, at least I hope so in that scenario.. No more frat boy country club we need to take a step

Smejkal is 100% one of the 12 best forwards. Not DJ's decision though, he isn't up because they have no cap room for him.

Reactions: NyQuil

h2

Mar 26, 2002
The center depth looks so ugly with Chartier being right in there. Get him back to Belleville!

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ya everyone agrees Carolina is a cup contender, no one agrees 1 game is all it takes to determine they’re inconsistent.
I’m done , as it’s a dumb debate

And not everyone agrees Ottawa is a playoff team so calling them inconsistent is fair.

So many bad habits from last season repeated themselves game 1. Ottawa is good WITH the puck, they are a lottery team WITHOUT the puck

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad