Proposal: Philly and Montréal are ideal trade partners. Let's make things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Carey Price is the missing key for the Flyers to have success in the playoff. The Flyers management need to stop to try to patch the problem between the pipes and acquire the best of the best. Carey Price is exactly that, he would absolutely thrive in Philadelphia will less media and fans pressure. Contract is a problem for sure, and the Canadiens management isnt competent enough to trade him - but it's a matter of time before they realize they are 3-4 years away from competition. They should absolutely look to trade him with all the youngster tenders down the pipe (Primeau, Hawkey, Fucale, Lindgren, McNiven).

Price value isnt very high because of his bad season, but he just has too much talent not to bounce back next year. Philly have lot of pieces that would interest Montréal with all their young kid at the blueline and down the middle.

Montréal can also afford to take back bad contracts like Jori Lehtera, Dale Weise.

No matter what I propose, I will get flame but I'm gonna try and throw something to build around :

To Montréal:
Brian Elliott
Jori Lehtera
Dale Weise
Travis Koneckny
Samuel Morin
(12M$ in cap number)

To Philly:
Carey Price
(10M$ in cap number)

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Pretty sure it was the same thing that was said when Price signed his 6.5M contract.
Pretty sure that's the same thing? Except it isn't

The contract, not what was said, obviously. The Flyers need to wait for Carter Hart and hope he or Sandstrom pan out. If we target a goalie, Price is likely nowhere near the top of the list.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
konecny, talented kid. but struggles to put up points when he isn't with giroux. For a team that's in dire need of a goalie, habs can probably get more than just konecny for price. But that price contract is awful. so who knows what fair value is.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Carey Price is the missing key for the Flyers to have success in the playoff. The Flyers management need to stop to try to patch the problem between the pipes and acquire the best of the best. Carey Price is exactly that, he would absolutely thrive in Philadelphia will less media and fans pressure. Contract is a problem for sure, and the Canadiens management isnt competent enough to trade him - but it's a matter of time before they realize they are 3-4 years away from competition. They should absolutely look to trade him with all the youngster tenders down the pipe (Primeau, Hawkey, Fucale, Lindgren, McNiven).

Price value isnt very high because of his bad season, but he just has too much talent not to bounce back next year. Philly have lot of pieces that would interest Montréal with all their young kid at the blueline and down the middle.

Montréal can also afford to take back bad contracts like Jori Lehtera, Dale Weise.

No matter what I propose, I will get flame but I'm gonna try and throw something to build around :

To Montréal:
Brian Elliott
Jori Lehtera
Dale Weise
Travis Koneckny
Samuel Morin
(12M$ in cap number)

To Philly:
Carey Price
(10M$ in cap number)
From the Habs point of view .Not a chance.Christ that's terrible for the Habs.

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Flyers need to pay up for the best 2-3 year stop gap they can find, not trade for one of the league's biggest contracts that hasn't even kicked in yet. Flyers have arguably the 2nd best goaltender prospect in the world, they're not trading for Price. Taking Weise and Lehtera is irrelevant, they simply can't fit that gargantuan contract long term.

Reactions: Vikke

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Wow that looks f***ing awful, no thank you. The first 3 players are cap dumps that'll be off the roster soon, and we have a bunch of goalie prospects coming up. Carter Hart and Stolarz mainly. Not giving up TK or Morin for a goalie making 10 mil.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Not interested in Price in the least bit. There is literally no deal to be made here.

Were not perfect trading partners. You didnt even get a Center out of this deal.

That cap only works through next year until we have to re sign people

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017

To Montréal:
Brian Elliott
Jori Lehtera
Dale Weise
Travis Koneckny
Samuel Morin
(12M$ in cap number)

To Philly:
Carey Price
(10M$ in cap number)
Price has a full NMC he calls the shots.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Pretty sure it was the same thing that was said when Price signed his 6.5M contract.

When price signed his deal the 6.5M counted as 10.1% of the cap (based on 2011-12 and 2013-14 cap, lockout year was weird but would’ve counted as 10.8% of the actual cap or 9.25% of the pro-rated cap).

When Price’s new deal kicks in it will be 13.25%, based off an $80M cap (projected cap of 78-82M, I split the difference)

So even if people were saying “good luck with that” it counted for a significantly less percentage of the cap than his new deal will.

Reactions: De Montreal

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
lol at all the Habs fans calling TK "garbage" first of all.

And you know, as bad as Elliott was this year, he made the playoffs. Hmmmm...

I'd rather just wait for Hart and Ustimenko to get here, but thanks anyways.

Reactions: Devonator

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
The only "established" goalies that the Flyers would trade for are ones that have no more than 2 years left on their contracts.

Price is not happening.

Reactions: Devonator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad